PDA

View Full Version : Post game JC sounded dejected, pissed,

Thick
06-25-2013, 11:16 PM
and a little embarrassed. He thanked the Bulldog faithful and said that this is the beginning. He also told Jim that, "I know that I don't sound like it, but MSU baseball is back." To me that is awesome, and it means that he's soooo not satisfied of how we finished. That translates into working harder recruiting and developing players.

This is not the end boys....it's the BEGINNING!!!!!

Goat Holder
06-25-2013, 11:24 PM
No doubt. We are about to embark on the next golden era of MSU baseball. I think it'll include multiple championships. Our talent wasn't all that great this year. Remember that. I'll dive deeper into this later.

maroonmania
06-25-2013, 11:26 PM
We will likely look back and realize how much this team accomplished because it still has holes that we need more talent to fill. We had one decent starter on the mound, we were playing with our backup catcher, no dependable 3rd baseman, a somewhat shaky LF and several guys in the lineup who provided little to no help on offense (Bradford and Ammo were particularly anemic in the postseason). The program has come a long way under Cohen but there is still plenty of room for improvement.

Coach34
06-25-2013, 11:30 PM
No doubt- hell, this recruiting we have coming in is finally the type we should be getting year after year. A couple more like this one, and we will be a top 15 team the next few years

CadaverDawg
06-25-2013, 11:36 PM
Since we got blown out tonight, I had time to get over this throughout the late innings and now I'm ****ing pumped about the future.

As someone above said, we had a very incomplete team to be making it to the national championship. Imagine what happens when we have 3 solid starters, which we will soon. Graveman was not a SEC Ace...not even close....but he was incredible for us when it mattered most. Cohen is not only recruiting bad ass baseball players, he is recruiting incredible people too and that closeness in the dugout and shit is what helps propel talented teams over the top.

Our baseball program is sitting in a great spot.

Todd4State
06-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Agree Thick.

If you look at teams that win the National Championship in baseball, most of them- and when I say most the one exception is Fresno State a few years ago- had gone to Omaha several years in a row or maybe skipped one year in between visits to Omaha. This was our first trip since 2007 and we almost won the thing. That's impressive. But to win a NC, you have to have that experience or at least it helps greatly.

Our players now have Omaha experience. If we go back soon, it will pay off for us.

Drugdog
06-26-2013, 08:45 AM
I agree Thick. UCLA was in champ game in 2010 and lost. We will be back and better than ever.
Also maybe how UCLA played the bunting will Shut WJ up for a while.

We just witnessed The Best a MSU team has Ever performed. And they are looking to improve. What a great time to be a Bulldog Baseball fan.
Hailstate.

fishwater99
06-26-2013, 09:18 AM
In the post-game presser, JC said we will be back and we will win a National Championship.
He was dead serious..

#Hailstate

dickiedawg
06-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Agree Thick.

If you look at teams that win the National Championship in baseball, most of them- and when I say most the one exception is Fresno State a few years ago- had gone to Omaha several years in a row or maybe skipped one year in between visits to Omaha. This was our first trip since 2007 and we almost won the thing. That's impressive. But to win a NC, you have to have that experience or at least it helps greatly.

Our players now have Omaha experience. If we go back soon, it will pay off for us.

I thought getting guys like Robson, Hann and Britton some late PT/ABs was good. These are guys we'll be relying on when we return. That's especially true of Will Cox- he came In to the biggest sage in college baseball and really did great work. Hopefully that gives him a lot of confidence going forward.