PDA

View Full Version : PWilly has a toe.. And is retiring from the NFL

Bucky Dog
03-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Just read where Willis is expected to retire tomorrow after only 8 seasons because of a chronic big toe issue. Damn it must be really, really bad not to be able to play when he probably has another 4-5 good years left in him. Always thought he has been a class act and a great player.

TheRef
03-09-2015, 06:50 PM
I agree...he's a great guy, and it's going to be tough to see him leave the NFL. He just flat-out played.

Todd4State
03-09-2015, 06:50 PM
WHAT? Wow. I have to wonder if he is pulling a Barry Sanders.

MaxedOutMaroon
03-09-2015, 07:06 PM
It probably has been mentioned, but I haven't seen it. Meanwhile, another MSU player has signed a big contract in NFL. Pernell McPhee

Bucky Dog
03-09-2015, 07:17 PM
He made 7 straight Pro Bowls to start his career and only missed last year because of the injury. Yeah it seems odd that this could end a career but who knows. Even thought he was a Bear he has always represented himself well and played very hard.

I seen it dawg
03-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Tough injury to play with if its very damaged. Affects every step made. Especially at the level he expects. Good luck to him. One of the few OM guys I enjoyed watching play in the league. Absolute beast.

Rayburn8
03-09-2015, 07:42 PM
One of the short list of TSUN's players that I wish were dawgs just based off of character alone.

blacklistedbully
03-10-2015, 12:19 PM
I'm guessing some of it has to do with how the 49ers organization handled the Harbaugh firing. Lot of players are pissed off. Harbaugh had them coming into every season legitimately contending for Super Bowls until injuries killed them last year. I imagine he'd be back if he thought they were going to keep it going, but now that he's seen what's going on with ownership, he's lost faith and is somewhat disillusioned.

starkvegasdawg
03-10-2015, 12:35 PM
I can believe a toe being a cause to retire. If you've ever had a gout attack then you know that when you have a toe that hurts walking is not happening. Much less running and cutting. On the surface that seems like a laughable injury, but in reality it can be far from it.

Bucky Dog
03-10-2015, 02:21 PM
Watching his press conference it seems to be more of a spiritual thing and not physical one. Yeah his toe hurts but he is saying he wants to go out on top and has a lot of life to live and more things to do. Pretty impressive watching him talk and seeing the emotion in him.