PDA

View Full Version : Qb recruiting '16

msstate7
03-09-2015, 07:55 AM
I see where jalen hurts has been offered by aTm. Gotta figure it'll be tough to pull him out of Texas. Not ready to give up just yet, but who's #2?

SouthMsDawg
03-09-2015, 08:00 AM
Sawyer Smith from Tate HS in Florida right outside PCola

Statefan
03-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Didn't someone mention Wudtee a while back?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Sawyer Smith, Jalen Hurts, Messiah Deweaver are the top 3. We'd be fine with any of those guys. I think it's safe to say Smith is most likely out of that group. Guys like Keondre Wudtee & Juwan Adams will get their chance to impress at camp but I'm close to saying yes Sawyer Smith will be our QB this class.

HancockCountyDog
03-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Sawyer Smith, Jalen Hurts, Messiah Deweaver are the top 3. We'd be fine with any of those guys. I think it's safe to say Smith is most likely out of that group. Guys like Keondre Wudtee & Juwan Adams will get their chance to impress at camp but I'm close to saying yes Sawyer Smith will be our QB this class.

Any chance Smith plays both sports at MSU? He is an elite baseball talent, I believe he is committed to Bama in baseball? I could be wrong, its really ****ing early.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 09:22 AM
Any chance Smith plays both sports at MSU? He is an elite baseball talent, I believe he is committed to Bama in baseball? I could be wrong, its really ****ing early.

He has mentioned giving up baseball so I wouldn't think so. Plus you really don't want your QB missing all of spring practice.

jumbo
03-09-2015, 09:27 AM
I would be great with Smith or deWeaver.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 09:37 AM
I would be great with Smith or deWeaver.

I think Deweaver is the wild card. I think he genuinely has interest in MSU but that 10hr drive is making it very hard to get here for a visit. That is partly the reason I think Smith ends up our guy. He's been to campus a couple of times to watch his brother play baseball. Also it's only around 4 1/2 - 5 hour trip so it's not too far where his parents couldn't come watch him play.

smootness
03-09-2015, 12:06 PM
He has mentioned giving up baseball so I wouldn't think so. Plus you really don't want your QB missing all of spring practice.

Before we offer him, we better be completely sure he's done with baseball.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 12:15 PM
Before we offer him, we better be completely sure he's done with baseball.

I think it's a pretty safe bet he's football bound. He just really started taking football serious this past season & realized he was pretty good at it.

RealHastings
03-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Cool, thank for the input, Dan.

smootness
03-09-2015, 11:48 PM
It may be a pretty safe bet, but I don't want it to be a bet at all if we take him as our QB.

Todd4State
03-10-2015, 12:17 AM
It may be a pretty safe bet, but I don't want it to be a bet at all if we take him as our QB.

He's not a draft prospect for baseball unless he blows up. If he does play baseball for us- and I don't think he will at this point- it's because football didn't work out and he decided to go back to baseball. Even then I think he would probably more than likely play baseball for Alabama than MSU.

smootness
03-10-2015, 12:55 AM
He's not a draft prospect for baseball unless he blows up. If he does play baseball for us- and I don't think he will at this point- it's because football didn't work out and he decided to go back to baseball. Even then I think he would probably more than likely play baseball for Alabama than MSU.

Sandberg wasn't a draft risk unless he blew up, either. Then he blew up.

That's my point. I don't want a QB that might not play football, especially if he's the only QB in the class.

And it's not that we didn't get Sandberg that stings; it's that we also lost Dobbs because we went after him.

jumbo
03-10-2015, 08:37 AM

Looooong way to NSD. As much as Dan has learned/evolved in recruiting over the years I am certain that if we offered and took Smith's commitment, it would be because baseball was not an option.