PDA

View Full Version : Mlb thread

msstate7
03-09-2015, 07:51 AM
Denard span has surgery to repair core muscle...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/9/nationals-denard-span-undergoes-surgery-repair-rig/

That could be a huge blow, dawgs

msstate7
03-09-2015, 11:54 AM
11:58 AM
Grant McAuley?@grantmcauley?16 mins16 minutes ago
#Phillies Cliff Lee: "If I have the surgery this season will be done, possibly my career I guess. I don't know. We'll have to see" via @espn

dawgs
03-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Nats have plenty of talent to not rush him back. So long as he returns at 100% and it doesn't linger into the 2nd half of the season, shouldn't have a big effect on the nats goal of winning a ring.

Dawg61
03-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Nats will get a nice look at Michael Taylor now. He's a good young player.

msstate7
03-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Zach wheeler has torn ucl

shoeless joe
03-16-2015, 12:33 PM
Zach wheeler has torn ucl

That sucks really bad for the mets. This type of injury has really out a damper on the game. Since my team will suck this year I have decided to just become a general baseball fan like I was as a kid. I'll still prefer the braves but I'm sure I'll be forced to watch other teams in order to see good baseball. That said, I hate this news and the news about darvish, tanaka, and possibly lee.

dawgs
03-16-2015, 01:06 PM
That sucks really bad for the mets. This type of injury has really out a damper on the game. Since my team will suck this year I have decided to just become a general baseball fan like I was as a kid. I'll still prefer the braves but I'm sure I'll be forced to watch other teams in order to see good baseball. That said, I hate this news and the news about darvish, tanaka, and possibly lee.

The mets probably weren't gonna make the playoffs this year. At least wheeler should be back next year and 2017 looks to be when the mets really make a push assuming they can find some bats.

Not saying TJ surgery is a minor surgery, but the mets team doctor is one of the top TJ experts in the country.

smootness
03-16-2015, 01:43 PM
The thing that's tough for the Mets, though, is that they lose Wheeler just as they get Harvey back. They're the foundation of their future, and this makes the odds of both realizing their potential go down.

dawgs
03-16-2015, 02:41 PM
The thing that's tough for the Mets, though, is that they lose Wheeler just as they get Harvey back. They're the foundation of their future, and this makes the odds of both realizing their potential go down.

Well yeah, I just meant from a playoff push perspective, they aren't there yet, and if wheeler is gonna go down with TJ for a season, better for it to be now than 2017 when they will be more likely to be in play for a playoff push.

shoeless joe
03-16-2015, 03:17 PM
The mets probably weren't gonna make the playoffs this year. At least wheeler should be back next year and 2017 looks to be when the mets really make a push assuming they can find some bats.

Not saying TJ surgery is a minor surgery, but the mets team doctor is one of the top TJ experts in the country.

You are correct. But as a fan of the game I'd like to see some of these young guns pitch and develop versus rehabbing. Definitely not a met fan.

msstate7
03-23-2015, 07:02 AM
Will uggla make the nats? He's having a great spring

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2015/03/22/dan-uggla-hitting-well-vying-for-a-spot-on-nationals-roster/