PDA

View Full Version : Football post

Todd4State
03-08-2015, 10:33 PM
To get everyone in a better mood. Here are some way early thoughts for next year.

QB- Dak. Enough said. Can he become the best QB in MSU history?

ATH- Can Malik Dear become the "Percy Harvin" that we really haven't had since Dan has been here? A dynamic player that can function as both a RB and a slot WR. Now, I'm not expecting Dear to be Harvin 2.0 especially as a freshman or ever really, but nonetheless he could potentially give us an extra dimension we really haven't had since Dan has been here.

RB- I hope we see a platoon of Ashton Shumpert and Aeries Williams. I loved what Jackie used to do with Davis and Bouie. Get two power backs and let them plow over people. But with Dan, we can be a little bit more diverse with these guys. Josh leaving may be a blessing in disguise. If he was playing to not get hurt at the end of the year last year, I imagine he would have done the same the entire year in 2015 had he come back. That could have been an issue. Plus Shumpert is a better blocker and an underrated receiver.

H-back/FB- We haven't really had a true FB type of player since Patrick Hanrahan. Could Rashun Dixon be that guy for us? He already plays H-back and has the size to do it. Can he block well enough? At the very least I think he could be used as a weapon as a receiver and also maybe as a runner.

WR- I think Bear Wilson is a three year guy and probably the best WR we have had since Eric Moulds. Fred Ross really emerged last year also, and then we have Morrow and Fred Brown who are proven and solid WR's.

Slot WR- If Donald Gray can replace Jameon and give us that important position back that we lacked last year, I think we'll see our offense pick up. To me it's not a coincidence that our best offensive performance was the last game that Jameon was 100%. Gabe Myles was good in the screen game, but we need someone in the slot to emerge and be a downfield threat like Bumphis and Lewis were.

H-back/TE- I think we will miss Malcolm Johnson, but how much we miss him may depend on two guys- Gus Walley and Dontea Jones. Can Jones come in right away and be an elite downfield threat by the end of the year? And if Walley continues to improve, I think we will be fine- but Jones could be a guy that like Dear could give us something to take us to the next level.

OL- We need Rankin to step in right away and be good. Senior, Desper, Clayborn, and Malone all should be better and all have started games. One thing I noticed from my fan highlight film watching was how much Desper pulled and trapped in the Texas A&M game. Could that mean that we see more counters this year?

DL- Can Chris Jones get his weight down to play DE? Can Ryan Brown become Preston Smith 2.0? Will Nick James play more? And if Jones is outside, does that mean Nelson Adams goes inside with James? If Jones is inside, which I think is likely, we have AJ Jefferson. I want to see if Fletcher Adams plays right away and where he plays at.

LB- I can't wait to see Gerri Green in action. Hell, I can't wait to see these guys actually blitz. The Brown brothers will play a lot and probably start, but I also really like JT Gray, and I'm curious to see Traver Jung and Leo Lewis and the role that they will have.

CB- This should be a strength with Redmond and Calhoun. But I am interested in their back-ups. Can Jiles come back 100%? I want to see Rayford from Byhalia. And then can Chris Stamps contribute as a freshman? And how about Jamoral Graham- can he make the transition?

S- Lots of questions here. I hope it's Peters and either Bryant or McLaurin- all three have zero college experience. Market will probably start, but how healthy will he be? Not real sold on either Evans or Coman, although I think Coman may be good on special teams.

K- ???????????????????? I think this will be what everyone is watching in the spring. Westin Graves to me is the worst case scenario- and he's possibly basically another Sobiesk. I do think Devon Bell and Logan Cooke will get looks. And then there are some mystery guys like Bryce Brown, and who knows?

P- Bell and Cooke are both solid.

KR/PR- I hope it's Dear and Gray on KO and Gray on punts. I have a feeling it will be Holloway though. I really like Deddrick Thomas too- I would include him as a KO return guy candidate.

chef dixon
03-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Is Dear expected to redshirt?

We know what we are going to get out of Wilson, but I really think Ross will be ridiculously good now that Rojo and Jameon aren't taking as many WR reps. Also I know Donald Gray is supposed to be awesome, but I really liked the way Myles looked with the football and hope he gets more involved.

JT Gray was one of the most impressive players I've seen in a long time. His motor was incredible, looked like a heat-seeking missile.

hells bells
03-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Is Dear expected to redshirt?

We know what we are going to get out of Wilson, but I really think Ross will be ridiculously good now that Rojo and Jameon aren't taking as many WR reps. Also I know Donald Gray is supposed to be awesome, but I really liked the way Myles looked with the football and hope he gets more involved.

JT Gray was one of the most impressive players I've seen in a long time. His motor was incredible, looked like a heat-seeking missile.

Ok T and Chef, a kicker-a damn kicker. Can someone on campus that played soccer be located. Yes, easier said that done but hold open try outs.

thf24
03-08-2015, 10:58 PM
And how about Jamoral Graham- can he make the transition?

Is this speculation, or are there indications he's making the switch?

Todd4State
03-08-2015, 11:30 PM
Is this speculation, or are there indications he's making the switch?

Paul Jones seems to be strongly hinting at it. That may be speculation on his part, but that's where my speculation is coming from.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2015, 11:34 PM
Jamoral is/has moved to defense.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2015, 11:35 PM
Nobody ever seems to mention Dontavious Lee but he will factor into the RB picture.

MabenMaroon
03-09-2015, 07:12 AM
Nobody ever seems to mention Dontavious Lee but he will factor into the RB picture.

There is your X-factor at rb. By mid-season folks will be asking where did he come from and touting him as one of the breakout players.

msstate7
03-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Jamoral is/has moved to defense.

S or cb?

Coach34
03-09-2015, 08:07 AM
Our WR group is just outstanding

Wilson/Stonehands
Fred/Fred

Slot- Myles/Gray

Thats a really good 2-deep- with more talent behind it pushing them. That group is going to help the run game as much as anything. Teams just wont be able to cheat into the box to load up against it.

Coach34
03-09-2015, 08:15 AM
As far as OL goes- this will be the 1st time under Mullen we will have an actual legit 2 deep.

We have Johnson, Jenkins, Carter, and Warren backing up at OT
We have Flowers and Thomas backing up at OG
We have Calhoun backing up C

Johnson could also play OG

Thats 12 guys that can contribute

mic
03-09-2015, 08:31 AM
To get everyone in a better mood. Here are some way early thoughts for next year.

QB- Dak. Enough said. Can he become the best QB in MSU history?

ATH- Can Malik Dear become the "Percy Harvin" that we really haven't had since Dan has been here? A dynamic player that can function as both a RB and a slot WR. Now, I'm not expecting Dear to be Harvin 2.0 especially as a freshman or ever really, but nonetheless he could potentially give us an extra dimension we really haven't had since Dan has been here.

RB- I hope we see a platoon of Ashton Shumpert and Aeries Williams. I loved what Jackie used to do with Davis and Bouie. Get two power backs and let them plow over people. But with Dan, we can be a little bit more diverse with these guys. Josh leaving may be a blessing in disguise. If he was playing to not get hurt at the end of the year last year, I imagine he would have done the same the entire year in 2015 had he come back. That could have been an issue. Plus Shumpert is a better blocker and an underrated receiver.

H-back/FB- We haven't really had a true FB type of player since Patrick Hanrahan. Could Rashun Dixon be that guy for us? He already plays H-back and has the size to do it. Can he block well enough? At the very least I think he could be used as a weapon as a receiver and also maybe as a runner.

WR- I think Bear Wilson is a three year guy and probably the best WR we have had since Eric Moulds. Fred Ross really emerged last year also, and then we have Morrow and Fred Brown who are proven and solid WR's.

Slot WR- If Donald Gray can replace Jameon and give us that important position back that we lacked last year, I think we'll see our offense pick up. To me it's not a coincidence that our best offensive performance was the last game that Jameon was 100%. Gabe Myles was good in the screen game, but we need someone in the slot to emerge and be a downfield threat like Bumphis and Lewis were.

H-back/TE- I think we will miss Malcolm Johnson, but how much we miss him may depend on two guys- Gus Walley and Dontea Jones. Can Jones come in right away and be an elite downfield threat by the end of the year? And if Walley continues to improve, I think we will be fine- but Jones could be a guy that like Dear could give us something to take us to the next level.

OL- We need Rankin to step in right away and be good. Senior, Desper, Clayborn, and Malone all should be better and all have started games. One thing I noticed from my fan highlight film watching was how much Desper pulled and trapped in the Texas A&M game. Could that mean that we see more counters this year?

DL- Can Chris Jones get his weight down to play DE? Can Ryan Brown become Preston Smith 2.0? Will Nick James play more? And if Jones is outside, does that mean Nelson Adams goes inside with James? If Jones is inside, which I think is likely, we have AJ Jefferson. I want to see if Fletcher Adams plays right away and where he plays at.

LB- I can't wait to see Gerri Green in action. Hell, I can't wait to see these guys actually blitz. The Brown brothers will play a lot and probably start, but I also really like JT Gray, and I'm curious to see Traver Jung and Leo Lewis and the role that they will have.

CB- This should be a strength with Redmond and Calhoun. But I am interested in their back-ups. Can Jiles come back 100%? I want to see Rayford from Byhalia. And then can Chris Stamps contribute as a freshman? And how about Jamoral Graham- can he make the transition?

S- Lots of questions here. I hope it's Peters and either Bryant or McLaurin- all three have zero college experience. Market will probably start, but how healthy will he be? Not real sold on either Evans or Coman, although I think Coman may be good on special teams.

K- ???????????????????? I think this will be what everyone is watching in the spring. Westin Graves to me is the worst case scenario- and he's possibly basically another Sobiesk. I do think Devon Bell and Logan Cooke will get looks. And then there are some mystery guys like Bryce Brown, and who knows?

P- Bell and Cooke are both solid.

KR/PR- I hope it's Dear and Gray on KO and Gray on punts. I have a feeling it will be Holloway though. I really like Deddrick Thomas too- I would include him as a KO return guy candidate.

DL... we need CJ to give 100% on the idea he is a DT and that's what he will play in the league.. With his sidekick NJ these 2 could be unstoppable.
S.... A guy I know that was with a NFL front office said that.. Good corner play can cover up what may be lacking at the safety position in the right system.. I still bet Peters and McLaurin play and play a lot..
CB...love the move of smokey to Cb.. Nice size very athletic and fast. Hopefully he can pick up Diaz schemes quick .. Gives up depth there.. Esp if we move Cleveland back to Cb..
TE... I think we miss Malcom the most in the run game... Let's not forget about BJ Hammond and Christy.. we will be deeper and all around better at TE..

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 08:33 AM
S or cb?

CB

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 08:35 AM
I will go ahead & say it now Kivon Coman will start next year & have a very good season.

Really Clark?
03-09-2015, 08:44 AM
I will go ahead & say it now Kivon Coman will start next year & have a very good season.

Yeah I think Coman really came on at the end of the season and if he continues to progress he will be good at safety. Once Peters, McLaurin, and Bryant get up to game speed then by the end of the year Safety could be a real strength of the defense.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Yeah I think Coman really came on at the end of the season and if he continues to progress he will be good at safety. Once Peters, McLaurin, and Bryant get up to game speed then by the end of the year Safety could be a real strength of the defense.

For some reason Kivon gets combined with Evans & I don't understand why. Kivon was solid last year.

Coach34
03-09-2015, 09:34 AM
For some reason Kivon gets combined with Evans & I don't understand why. Kivon was solid last year.

Because most people don't watch close enough to know the difference

Political Hack
03-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Coman and Market will be better at S than we were this year. If we inject some young talent for depth, which I would expect to happen, we should be ok here. Smart LBs and lock down CBs will help a lot too.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 09:43 AM
I expect Coman, Market, Bryant, & Peters to be the 2 deep.

Coach34
03-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Coman and Market will be better at S than we were this year. If we inject some young talent for depth, which I would expect to happen, we should be ok here. Smart LBs and lock down CBs will help a lot too.

Our football intelligence at LB and CB will be off the charts this year. Should be a great learning year for Green, Lewis, and the rest

Political Hack
03-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Mourners football intelligence at LB and CB will be off the charts this year. Should be a great learning year for Green, Lewis, and the rest

agree. I think people are worried about the back four when we should be worried about the front four. We're one sprained ankle away from being very, very thin up there.

Johnson85
03-09-2015, 09:59 AM
Mourners football intelligence at LB and CB will be off the charts this year. Should be a great learning year for Green, Lewis, and the rest

? Is this a new nickname? What are mourners?

Coach34
03-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Auto correct struck again

Liverpooldawg
03-09-2015, 10:06 AM
This year the real questions are pretty much the same as last year; offensive line, place kicking, and the secondary. Last year the first one did well, the second didn't hurt us, and the third on was the difference in us being really good and great. In going to wait and see a game or two before I get my hopes up or down.

Political Hack
03-09-2015, 10:07 AM
This year the real questions are pretty much the same as last year; offensive line, place kicking, and the secondary. Last year the first one did well, the second didn't hurt us, and the third on was the difference in us being really good and great. In going to wait and see a game or two before I get my hopes up or down.

I disagree with one of those. I think DL is our biggest question mark right now outside of kicker. You could argue TE, but we've got enough of a mix of talent and experience to patch that together.

sandwolf
03-09-2015, 10:18 AM
I think people are worried about the back four when we should be worried about the front four. We're one sprained ankle away from being very, very thin up there.

I agree. The defensive line is my biggest concern going into next season. Preston Smith, Kaleb Eulls, and PJ Jones are going to be tough to replace. We really need Jonathan Calvin to not require the 1 year adjustment period that almost all of our JUCO signees require. And hopefully Will Coleman will be able to contribute.

Political Hack
03-09-2015, 10:24 AM
I agree. The defensive line is my biggest concern going into next season. Preston Smith, Kaleb Eulls, and PJ Jones are going to be tough to replace. We really need Jonathan Calvin to not require the 1 year adjustment period that almost all of our JUCO signees require. And hopefully Will Coleman will be able to contribute.

If Nick James can play a lot of snaps, Chris Jones buys into DT and stays healthy, and Ryan Brown can become what I think he should become, we may be pretty decent. Also, I've been waiting for years to see Torey Dale in action. I think he's got a lot of natural ability that you just can't coach. Hopefully he'll be fully healthy this year and emerge out of nowhere.

HancockCountyDog
03-09-2015, 10:42 AM
If Nick James can play a lot of snaps, Chris Jones buys into DT and stays healthy, and Ryan Brown can become what I think he should become, we may be pretty decent. Also, I've been waiting for years to see Torey Dale in action. I think he's got a lot of natural ability that you just can't coach. Hopefully he'll be fully healthy this year and emerge out of nowhere.

I think Dale will get passed up in the spring, I just don't think he ever makes it. Probably a special team or 3rd team player for his career. It happens.

Im really interested to see how the LB corps shake out. The Browns will start. Im really interested to see who gets the 3rd spot.

As for the DL, it all comes down to how healthy Chris Jones is, as well as the shape he is in. I know some on here think that he is simply a "big guy", but he really needs to lose 15-20 lbs this offseason. I firmly believe he was playing this year at 315-320 lbs, at least. I just think that extra weight can lead to being more injury prone. I just us to unleash him this year, because everything I have heard is that this is our last year with him.

Jack Lambert
03-09-2015, 10:45 AM
I do not worry about the O-Line. Seems like we lose a few someone else is coached up.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 10:46 AM
I think we see a Fletcher Cox type Jr year from Chris Jones this season. Combine that with a breakout year from Ryan Brown (not Preston Smith season but very good) & our DL will be solid. We have a lot of talent it is just more unproven. Calvin, Cory Thomas, Fletcher Adams are all talented just don't have experience.

Tbonewannabe
03-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Wasn't Cory Thomas a beast in practice last year? I think we are going to be better on the DL than people think. Having seniors limited snaps for a lot of young talent. Safety will have more talent than several years. Hopefully Diaz uses our experience at CB to help cover for our youth. By the end of the year, we will be better at safety than the last few years.

Coach34
03-09-2015, 11:03 AM
From what I was told- Thomas, Calhoun, and Jenkins could have played some snaps last year had they been needed. Should make for some good battles this Spring

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Jenkins actually dressed out a couple of games so there was a definite thought of playing him last year. I'm glad they decided against it.

Coach34
03-09-2015, 11:07 AM
I've heard that while Hev hates all Freshmen- he has been surprisingly complimentary on Jenkins and Calhoun

Liverpooldawg
03-09-2015, 11:32 AM
I disagree with one of those. I think DL is our biggest question mark right now outside of kicker. You could argue TE, but we've got enough of a mix of talent and experience to patch that together.

This is where the 1B stuff pays off.

War Machine Dawg
03-09-2015, 11:55 AM

Because most people don't watch close enough to know the difference

Yep. I said all year I really liked what I saw from Coman. He's going to be good.

I also like that we're moving Cleveland to S. I fully expect him to start and be a big factor back there. He's a damn good football player. Everyone needs to pump the breaks a little on Peters and McLaurin. Brandon Bryant is going to be a factor in the S mix, too. Wouldn't surprise me to see some combination of Cleveland, Coman, and Bryant start all season. I expect Peters to play, though.

And I hate to say it, but I think Market will be the odd man out at S this season. I love the kid. It's no secret he and I are both from SP, and any kid that defies The Pipeline is automatically going to be one of my personal favorites. Plus he's a football player in every sense of the word. But much like I said about Nickoe & Hughes, I expect his Achilles injury to be a major hindrance. He'll lose at least a step and maybe two. He's got a high football IQ that should help him offset that a little, but so did Hughes. And Hughes was faster than Market.

smootness
03-09-2015, 11:58 AM
I will go on record that I wish we would keep Graham on offense and move Myles to defense, if we're going to move one, though Myles started there so he might just not have been very effective at CB.

I just think Graham's potential in the slot is off the charts.

That said, he absolutely can become a great CB as well. His speed and quickness are bordering on elite. His hips are very good; he makes cuts while still moving at top speed. The only thing that will hold him back there is learning the basics of the position. Once he gets that down, he will take off.

It definitely does help our depth at CB. I could see him being the #4 guy there immediately.

smootness
03-09-2015, 12:00 PM
I think McLaurin will redshirt, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't.

I do think Coman will start at one safety spot, and the other spot will be a Cleveland/Bryant battle initially.

But I don't think it's any secret that Bryant and Peters are our two most talented guys there (McLaurin, too, but again, I just don't see him playing). So it's just a matter of how long it takes them to get the defense down and get some experience. I wouldn't be surprised if they're both starting by the end of the year, and I'll be extremely surprised if neither of them are.

bulldawg28
03-09-2015, 12:03 PM
I will go on record that I wish we would keep Graham on offense and move Myles to defense, if we're going to move one, though Myles started there so he might just not have been very effective at CB.

That said, he absolutely can become a great CB as well. His speed and quickness are bordering on elite. His hips are very good; he makes cuts while still moving at top speed. The only thing that will hold him back there is learning the basics of the position. Once he gets that down, he will take off.

It definitely does help our depth at CB. I could see him being the #4 guy there immediately.

Myles is the man and should have started over Lewis except he was hurt himself towards the end of the year.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Cleveland is staying at CB.

smootness
03-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Myles is the man and should have started over Lewis except he was hurt himself towards the end of the year.

I like Myles, I just love Graham's potential there. Myles has great speed, but I like Graham's quickness better. He's just so smooth as an athlete.

smootness
03-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Cleveland is staying at CB.

I'm actually glad, we now have plenty of young talent at S.

If this happens, then I expect either Bryant or Peters to start day one, probably Bryant.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm actually glad, we now have plenty of young talent at S.

If this happens, then I expect either Bryant or Peters to start day one, probably Bryant.

Gonna depend on how healthy Market is. If they think Market is healthy then Market & Coman start. If he's not all the way back I think Coman & Bryant start.

HancockCountyDog
03-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Gonna depend on how healthy Market is. If they think Market is healthy then Market & Coman start. If he's not all the way back I think Coman & Bryant start.

Lets also hope our fans realize that Bryant will have growing pains, and won't be elite from day 1. He is a talented player, but safety is one of the toughest positions to learn, and the easiest to look foolish.

Cox is a next level athlete that struggled.

thf24
03-09-2015, 12:29 PM
My issue with both Myles and Graham last year (moot point for the latter I suppose) is that neither showed they could consistently they could catch the ball down the field, particularly over the middle. By all indications, a big factor in our offense being completely effective is the slot receiver catching passes over the middle. No doubt Myles has plenty of time to improve in this area, but I do expect Gray to be the undisputed starter for this reason.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Lets also hope our fans realize that Bryant will have growing pains, and won't be elite from day 1. He is a talented player, but safety is one of the toughest positions to learn, and the easiest to look foolish.

Cox is a next level athlete that struggled.

Yea but the biggest issue with Cox was never physically he didn't have the mental capacity. That's where Bryant & hopefully Peters will be light years ahead of Cox. Cox has elite athleticism but the mental part of the game he never grasped. Bryant & Peters physically can no doubt contribute this year how much & how well they do will be decided by how far along they are above the shoulders.

maroonmania
03-09-2015, 12:55 PM

From everything I'm hearing, Fred Ross will play in the slot for most of Spring and get a look there.

smootness
03-09-2015, 01:32 PM
From everything I'm hearing, Fred Ross will play in the slot for most of Spring and get a look there.

Count me out on that idea, too. He's a clear starter on the outside and fits better there; he's our best big-play threat at WR.

thf24
03-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I don't like Ross at slot either. He's a prototypical flanker. If true, not sure why the coaches think he'd be better at slot than there, especially with all the depth at slot.

Political Hack
03-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I don't like Ross at slot either. He's a prototypical flanker. If true, not sure why the coaches think he'd be better at slot than there, especially with all the depth at slot.

I'm pro whatever gets him on the field the most.

Johnson85
03-09-2015, 01:59 PM

Ross can do all the things other slots can do, he's just bigger. You have him at slot and all the sudden Bear, Morrow, and Ross look like a pretty big WR group to put out there at one time. If that's not what the coaches are thinking, we much have some pretty good outside threats about to emerge.

Political Hack
03-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Dak isn't a precision west coast style QB. He benefits from having big targets. He's not ever going to be a great three step drop hit the slant or crossing pattern type of QB. It's just not his mold. We have to have big bodies for him to throw to. E.g., he likes the back shoulder throw more than the straight 9. He's better throwing a deep dig than he is a deep in. He'd rather see an inside seam route to the TE than a deep post from the WR.

Give him the big bodies outside and a ground and pounder inside and let him go to work.

mic
03-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Move Ross and Wilson all over the field.
Hell line them up in back field some if need be.
Same way Bama used Cooper . Just get the best player makers the ball in their hands anyway possible..

bulldawg28
03-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Move Ross and Wilson all over the field.
Hell line them up in back field some if need be.
Same way Bama used Cooper . Just get the best player makers the ball in their hands anyway possible..

This. ...The more playmakers on the field the better.

Dallas_Dawg
03-09-2015, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE
Give him the big bodies outside and a ground and pounder inside and let him go to work.[/QUOTE]

I think Donald Gray is going to end up being our best receiver at year's end and that's not to take anything away from Bear and Fred ross. I read somewhere that he has been the talk of the team when he practices, catching everything one-handed. I think he is going to be our version of Steve Smith, the current Raven, former Panther

Coach34
03-09-2015, 03:35 PM
I like Myles, I just love Graham's potential there. Myles has great speed, but I like Graham's quickness better. He's just so smooth as an athlete.

Myles > Graham

Coach34
03-09-2015, 03:37 PM

That makes no sense- you are essentially saying Gray and Myles cant handle it- and having Fred/Stonehands play the other WR spot fulltime is better than Gray/Myles

Coach34
03-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Gray was the number 1 player coming out of Tennessee his Sr year- he just didnt quite qualify. He is an impact player. He will share time with Myles and probably return punts and kicks. I cant see us trying to bury him or Myles with Ross

Coach34
03-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Bump

chef dixon
03-10-2015, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE
Give him the big bodies outside and a ground and pounder inside and let him go to work.

I think Donald Gray is going to end up being our best receiver at year's end and that's not to take anything away from Bear and Fred ross. I read somewhere that he has been the talk of the team when he practices, catching everything one-handed. I think he is going to be our version of Steve Smith, the current Raven, former Panther

That is a bold statement. We are continually let down by JUCO hype and Wilson and Ross are primed for huge seasons. Remember when Morrow was clowning everyone in practice and the scrimmages?

smootness
03-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Myles > Graham

Just a difference of opinion. Myles has very good speed, but Graham is a dynamic athlete.

I think Graham has more potential on both offense and defense. I'll be honest, I don't think Myles will ever be a real difference-maker.

smootness
03-10-2015, 09:37 AM
That is a bold statement. We are continually let down by JUCO hype and Wilson and Ross are primed for huge seasons. Remember when Morrow was clowning everyone in practice and the scrimmages?

Gray is not JUCO hype, I don't know why people keep saying this.

He was extremely highly thought of out of HS, a guy we wanted badly. Then he went to JUCO and confirmed what we thought. This is not a guy who was overlooked, went to JUCO, and blew up.

He also has 3 years, not 2, left.

maroonmania
03-10-2015, 10:05 AM
That makes no sense- you are essentially saying Gray and Myles cant handle it- and having Fred/Stonehands play the other WR spot fulltime is better than Gray/Myles

I'm not saying anything other than what I'm hearing, because I'm not sure its a good move either. One of, but not the only source on this, is Chad Bumphis from his BSR show where he hangs around the coaches and the team and he says this is what he's being told by multiple people. Guess we will see for sure once spring practice starts.