PDA

View Full Version : 3 losses this week

msstate7
03-08-2015, 07:02 PM
And Ross pitched in all of them. He was charged with the loss in 2 of the losses. I love Ross, but it's time to re-evaluate when and how long we use him.

War Machine Dawg
03-08-2015, 07:47 PM
He's got D2 stuff and teams are now aware of it. They don't swing at his junk and force him to throw something hittable over the plate. He's going to get murdered in SEC play.

HancockCountyDog
03-08-2015, 07:58 PM
I've been worried about how the new ball would affect him more than anyone else, so far the results don't look great.

Intramural All-American
03-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Y'all are joking, right? First off, he only got 1 loss, and that was Tuesday. He gave up 2 dinky infield singles and was very unfortunate to get that loss, and the coaches pulled him too early and Fitts walked the next two hitters to give Ross the loss. Friday night, he threw 2.2 innings with 1 hit. Today, he didn't have it, and the coaches left him in too long. He should have been pulled after the first two singles, but instead he threw to 2 more guys. Fitts got the loss today, though.

Ross has given up 6 runs this year in 8 appearances, and 4 of those were today. Y'all do a great job of completely freaking out over things way too soon.

Todd4State
03-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Y'all are joking, right? First off, he only got 1 loss, and that was Tuesday. He gave up 2 dinky infield singles and was very unfortunate to get that loss, and the coaches pulled him too early and Fitts walked the next two hitters to give Ross the loss. Friday night, he threw 2.2 innings with 1 hit. Today, he didn't have it, and the coaches left him in too long. He should have been pulled after the first two singles, but instead he threw to 2 more guys. Fitts got the loss today, though.

Ross has given up 6 runs this year in 8 appearances, and 4 of those were today. Y'all do a great job of completely freaking out over things way too soon.

Exactly. Ross was one of our best pitchers today despite what the box score says. The problem was we left him out there after three straight singles and then let him walk a run in.

And as you pointed out, both times Fitts allowed the inherited runners to score.

msstate7
03-08-2015, 08:21 PM

You're right about the loss today.

I want Ross to pitch this year, but I think we have to be smarter when we use him. After he pitched 2.2 Friday, I don't think you can let them see him more than an inning today. I think that's how we're gonna have to use him this year. Ross is effective thru the lineup once, but I don't want teams getting 2nd at bats vs him

Todd4State
03-08-2015, 08:25 PM
If you are going to blame one pitcher- which is not fair, I understand- you have to blame Fitts. He's a senior. He has to find a way to get out of those jams. So, if you're going to be pissed off at any of them- it's him. He allowed the go ahead run against Arkansas Pine Bluff and then he shit the bed today. And then instead of ending the bleeding, he made it worse to start the 9th.

Ross can't just walk off the mound even if he's giving up rockets.

chef dixon
03-08-2015, 09:37 PM
This is the most ruthless fan base in any particular sport I have ever seen in my life. If a player makes 1 mistake the entire message board turns on them. Ross Mitchell is incredible. He has proven it again and again. There is nothing else to that.