PDA

View Full Version : WTF Butch?

Todd4State
03-08-2015, 05:47 PM
First, let's leave Ross in way too long. He should have been out after the THIRD single. But no, let's give him another hitter- whom he walks. And now the go ahead run is at the plate with no one out.

So, I'm thinking he is going to bring in Fitts (more on that in a minute) but it's Zac Houston. He gets an out, but then walks someone. This is a guy that has never pitched in a jam before in his career. And actually that was one of the better performances.

Next we bring in Fitts who is pretending- very poorly- to be Holder. Over-throwing his ****ing curveball and walking people. Somehow by miracle gets out of the inning only tied. Now on Fitts- he should never, ever, ever come in during a jam. He can not handle it. He is a start the inning clean slate guy. He does not have what it takes to handle those situations. The second time this week he has failed pretending to be Holder.

So, Fitts starts the next inning letting people get on. And Butch thinks "hey, what a great time to start putting in guys that haven't played this year." Gentry comes in, screws up a bunt. Then we bring in Dako-no, Daniel Brown- no, it's.....Trent ****ing Waddell. We put a ****ing first baseman in to pitch. Shockingly he doesn't get an out either. Finally, we bring in Hudson who didn't pitch well himself- before going to Levi ****ing Mintz who actually somehow got out of the inning eventually.

Butch needs to get a clue and stop being cute. We don't have Holder and Lindgren this year. We don't have to be unconventional and the truth is we probably shouldn't be. Daniel Brown has earned the closer role and he should be the closer from here on out. Ross is OK- just don't let him go too long. Fitts is OK- as long as he isn't brought in during a jam.

If I'm the manager, I'm not losing that game without Daniel Brown getting his out there. That's what it comes down to.

msstate7
03-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Trent did get an out on a bunt... I think

I seen it dawg
03-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Daniel Brown in no way shape or form should have pitched today. Goddammit he threw 31 pitches yesterday. You can't run him out there today you have to see if we have some other guys that can pitch. Wtf.

You've got to find pitchers who you can trust or you just find out you don't have any. Either way you're not running a guy out there on back to back days like that. You're just not doing it. We've got to have him able to pitch more than just 3 weeks in March and blow his body up. And HAVE TO FIND GUYS THAT CAN PITCH!

Butch needs to ****ing figure out why our bullpen is a bunch of pussies and won't compete. He may need to toughen up in them because their ******s show. At least Waddell and Mintz both came in and got an out. Not spectacular but they did the job asked of them. Everybody else just splashed vagisil everywhere.

I seen it dawg
03-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Brown as closer. Fitts clean slate in 8th and Ross 6-7th no more than one time thru the order. And have to find another righty and lefty that can ****ing compete and get outs.

Todd4State
03-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Alright well congrats to Trent Waddell for getting a guy out on a bunt.

Homedawg
03-08-2015, 05:57 PM
First, let's leave Ross in way too long. He should have been out after the THIRD single. But no, let's give him another hitter- whom he walks. And now the go ahead run is at the plate with no one out.

So, I'm thinking he is going to bring in Fitts (more on that in a minute) but it's Zac Houston. He gets an out, but then walks someone. This is a guy that has never pitched in a jam before in his career. And actually that was one of the better performances.

Next we bring in Fitts who is pretending- very poorly- to be Holder. Over-throwing his ****ing curveball and walking people. Somehow by miracle gets out of the inning only tied. Now on Fitts- he should never, ever, ever come in during a jam. He can not handle it. He is a start the inning clean slate guy. He does not have what it takes to handle those situations. The second time this week he has failed pretending to be Holder.

So, Fitts starts the next inning letting people get on. And Butch thinks "hey, what a great time to start putting in guys that haven't played this year." Gentry comes in, screws up a bunt. Then we bring in Dako-no, Daniel Brown- no, it's.....Trent ****ing Waddell. We put a ****ing first baseman in to pitch. Shockingly he doesn't get an out either. Finally, we bring in Hudson who didn't pitch well himself- before going to Levi ****ing Mintz who actually somehow got out of the inning eventually.

Butch needs to get a clue and stop being cute. We don't have Holder and Lindgren this year. We don't have to be unconventional and the truth is we probably shouldn't be. Daniel Brown has earned the closer role and he should be the closer from here on out. Ross is OK- just don't let him go too long. Fitts is OK- as long as he isn't brought in during a jam.

If I'm the manager, I'm not losing that game without Daniel Brown getting his out there. That's what it comes down to.

You jumped over hudson's shit show fairly quietly.

I seen it dawg
03-08-2015, 05:58 PM
And if they are thinking of making Brown the closer after yesterday's outing then you damn sure don't even let him put cleats on today. He's gonna be closing Friday nights game. He's not used to being extended yet. Can't pitch him today.

I seen it dawg
03-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Alright well congrats to Trent Waddell for getting a guy out on a bunt.

He did his job. Threw a damn strike and got his guy out. He was asked to do one thing and he did it. That's why you have to run guys out to the mound to find out. Fitts, Hudson, Gentry, Houston and probably some one I'm forgetting...all shit. When you come out of the pen you are asked to do a particular job. Grow some ****ing stones and do it.

I seen it dawg
03-08-2015, 06:02 PM
No ****ing way would this pitching staff want me as their pitching coach today and this week. Of course we wouldn't be in a position of having no ****ing stones in the bullpen at this point either.

Todd4State
03-08-2015, 06:02 PM
You jumped over hudson's shit show fairly quietly.

It's in there. I certainly could have expanded on it. I'm not happy with him either. Even with hindsight being 20/20 I would have rather us gone with him earlier than we did- and certainly you go with him before Waddell.

I seen it dawg
03-08-2015, 06:04 PM
It's in there. I certainly could have expanded on it. I'm not happy with him either. Even with hindsight being 20/20 I would have rather us gone with him earlier than we did- and certainly you go with him before Waddell.

I agree. I've been clamoring for Hudson. Maybe he doesn't have the toughness to pitch at this level.

Homedawg
03-08-2015, 06:05 PM

Only if you are basing off of potential rather than performance. Waddell one batter one out. I don't care if it was a bunt. Hudson, one walk, one missile and exit. I think there is a dang good reason he was the not second, third but sixth guy out of the pen on a Sunday- no faith. And he didn't help get any confidence in him w that outing. I recognize he wasn't the only one!!

Todd4State
03-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Only if you are basing off of potential rather than performance. Waddell one batter one out. I don't care if it was a bunt. Hudson, one walk, one missile and exit. I think there is a dang good reason he was the not second, third but sixth guy out of the pen on a Sunday- no faith. And he didn't help get any confidence in him w that outing. I recognize he wasn't the only one!!

Why would the coaches not have faith in him? His stats coming into today were fairly dominant no matter how you cut it. That walk today was his first of the year against 7 K's in 3 IP coming into today without allowing a run.

I think the problem is Butch has too much faith in Ross and Fitts. That's where today started.

Smitty
03-08-2015, 06:18 PM
You go Daniel Brown there. End of story. I Seen It is way off on his "extending" him. Yesterday he threw a 31 pitch bullpen. We needed 10 pitches today. Now, we aren't hosting.

But hey we learned something about some guys** Should come in handy as a 3 seed in Charlottesville.

maroonmania
03-08-2015, 06:29 PM
You go Daniel Brown there. End of story. I Seen It is way off on his "extending" him. Yesterday he threw a 31 pitch bullpen. We needed 10 pitches today. Now, we aren't hosting.

But hey we learned something about some guys** Should come in handy as a 3 seed in Charlottesville.

Hosting? Right now we better worry about getting our crap together enough in the SEC to be in the regionals at all. Heck, we are now seeing significant issues with this team and we haven't even played a road game yet.

Homedawg
03-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Why would the coaches not have faith in him? His stats coming into today were fairly dominant no matter how you cut it. That walk today was his first of the year against 7 K's in 3 IP coming into today without allowing a run.

I think the problem is Butch has too much faith in Ross and Fitts. That's where today started.
You have a point about faith in Ross and fitts. The no faith in Hudson comes from him facing our own hitters and not Alabama a&m. He just backed it up today. I'm not throwing in the towel on the guy, he's too talented but he's got to step it up against good comp when his number is called or he will be another Evan Mitchell.

I seen it dawg
03-08-2015, 06:38 PM

No. You just keep digging further in your stupidity bag of non-baseball acumen.

I seen it dawg
03-08-2015, 06:40 PM

You don't develop more than your one bullpen guy in brown we aren't hosting hell we are done after the sec tournament. If we make it. Just stupid. Let it go.

RAYn_Man
03-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Gentry comes in, screws up a bunt.

Gentry didn't screw up that bunt.

Liverpooldawg
03-08-2015, 07:20 PM
I was at the game. It basically boiled down to nobody could throw strikes without putting them straight down the middle.

War Machine Dawg
03-08-2015, 07:40 PM
Hosting? Right now we better worry about getting our crap together enough in the SEC to be in the regionals at all. Heck, we are now seeing significant issues with this team and we haven't even played a road game yet.

This. And allow me to add:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

bulldogcountry1
03-08-2015, 08:20 PM
The point is, the whole pitching staff sucked it up today. I don't know if they just checked out after we got the lead or they never checked in this morning

chef dixon
03-08-2015, 09:44 PM

That's what most of our fans here do. Just base things off potential instead of who's performing. I mean Cody Brown and Jake Vickerson have got to be wondering what the hell they have to do to get in the everyday line up. I'd imagine most people will be still pushing for Humphreys and Smith in the line up when they are batting below .200.

Also, Butch was a god amongst our fans a few hours ago and how quickly it changes. Ruthless man. You better be prepared to play a perfect season or you are going to get blasted like a complete joke. It comes down to the actual players couldn't throw a strike tonight. Let's just hope we got it out of our system.

Smitty
03-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Butch ain't the problem, ain't close to the problem. Problem was, is, and will be hitter development. Lesser extent in-game offense and lineup creation.

I mean what the **** was Reynolds doing in the 2 spot. Take our 6 that actually show signs of know-how at the plate and put them 1-6 and let's max what we can.

maroonmania
03-08-2015, 09:54 PM
That's what most of our fans here do. Just base things off potential instead of who's performing. I mean Cody Brown and Jake Vickerson have got to be wondering what the hell they have to do to get in the everyday line up. I'd imagine most people will be still pushing for Humphreys and Smith in the line up when they are batting below .200.

Also, Butch was a god amongst our fans a few hours ago and how quickly it changes. Ruthless man. You better be prepared to play a perfect season or you are going to get blasted like a complete joke. It comes down to the actual players couldn't throw a strike tonight. Let's just hope we got it out of our system.

Speaking of which, last week Vance Tatum was the toast of the weekend, this weekend he probably had the worst performance of the 3 starters.

Todd4State
03-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Butch ain't the problem, ain't close to the problem. Problem was, is, and will be hitter development. Lesser extent in-game offense and lineup creation.

I mean what the **** was Reynolds doing in the 2 spot. Take our 6 that actually show signs of know-how at the plate and put them 1-6 and let's max what we can.

We scored 6 runs. That should be enough to win.

Todd4State
03-08-2015, 09:56 PM

Butch ****ed up today. I don't believe that is or will become the norm.

Smitty
03-08-2015, 10:02 PM

You are right but we were playing for 7 when we should have been going for the KO blow.

Also, see our other 2 losses.

chef dixon
03-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Speaking of which, last week Vance Tatum was the toast of the weekend, this weekend he probably had the worst performance of the 3 starters.

Its all knee-jerk reactions. One weekend of Tatum and Sexton, and a couple innings of Hudson, and people are ready to go ahead and think about throwing Preston Brown to the pen by mid season. LOL. Brown is the only one that has shown anything over time, not to mention he's been pretty damn good this year. Oh yea, Laster pretty much blows too even though all he's done is proven he can start and beat quality competition during his time here at MSU.

maroonmania
03-08-2015, 10:15 PM

Yep, 2 losses this week were clearly on the offense but this one was on the pitching staff. Just a punch to the gut that today was clearly the most important game we've played so far this season and we choked away a 4-0 and 6-2 lead at home with a staff that up until today had been very dependable to keep the opponent in check. SD is a good team but is NOT any better than an average offensive team. Yet they outscored us 9-2 (with our staff's help) after the first inning and 7-0 in the last 2 innings. Today was just hugely discouraging all the way around.