PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, has Fitts had an appearance yet where...

maroonmania
03-08-2015, 05:34 PM
he didn't either hit or walk the first batter he faced? Its like he needs one or two batters to get in rhythm. Not a good characteristic for the guy who wants to be the closer.

JohnnyQuid
03-08-2015, 05:37 PM
walk, hits somebody, throws the damn ball to the backstop with a guy on 3rd multiple times. Yea, dont think the role suits him at all.

Todd4State
03-08-2015, 05:59 PM
walk, hits somebody, throws the damn ball to the backstop with a guy on 3rd multiple times. Yea, dont think the role suits him at all.

He overthrows his curveball pretending to be Holder. That's why his damn ball goes all over the place. If he actually tries to be himself he's decent. Which is normally what happens after he screws up the first hitter.

I seen it dawg
03-08-2015, 06:05 PM
He's decent at best. An inning filler.

War Machine Dawg
03-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Not to mention he's a damn pitch-to-contact "closer." That shit puts way too much pressure on your D and significant increases the chances of the other team being able to come back. **** that shit and put someone like Hudson or Daniel Brown out there who can strike people the **** out!

Homedawg
03-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Not to mention he's a damn pitch-to-contact "closer." That shit puts way too much pressure on your D and significant increases the chances of the other team being able to come back. **** that shit and put someone like Hudson or Daniel Brown out there who can strike people the **** out!

I think Daniel brown has earned the praise. But please please can we stop the Dakota worshiping. He had good numbers so far against bad bad bad competition. Faces a decent offense today and wham, doesn't record an out....

maroonmania
03-08-2015, 08:21 PM

Yes, I would love to have a strikeout artist out there as a closer, but at a MINIMUM, don't give me a guy in crunch time that consistently comes in and can't find the strike zone for the first batter or two.

JohnnyQuid
03-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Not to mention he's a damn pitch-to-contact "closer."

I've thought the same shit through out the fitts experiment but I swear I've heard Cohen when asked say that they putt fitts in cos we needed a swing and miss guy at those times. I honestly wondered if I was missing something. Maybe I imagined it but yea

War Machine Dawg
03-08-2015, 09:01 PM
I think Daniel brown has earned the praise. But please please can we stop the Dakota worshiping. He had good numbers so far against bad bad bad competition. Faces a decent offense today and wham, doesn't record an out....

I use Hudson as an example because he's a big time power arm. Yes, he's been the latest in our long line of of guys with elite arm talent but apparent 10 cent heads. Still, when he's on, he's unquestionably a strikeout pitcher. Paul Young might be a great choice, too.