PDA

View Full Version : You pinch hit a guy that is 0-5 with 4 strikeouts.

Drugdog
03-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Shockingly he is now 0-6 with 5 strikeouts. Makes you go hhmmmm.

MaxedOutMaroon
03-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Our bullpen was a revolving door. No matter that dumb decision, we can't give up 9 and expect to win. this one is on Butch and pitching staff

maroonmania
03-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Cohen just probably taking a chance on someone that at least has the potential to jack one out as the tying run at the plate given we only had 2 outs to play with and needed 3 runs. Hard to bunch that many singles together.

I seen it dawg
03-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Our bullpen was a revolving door. No matter that dumb decision, we can't give up 9 and expect to win. this one is on Butch and pitching staff

Yep. Got to find some stones in our pitching staff.

Drugdog
03-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Yep. Got to find some stones in our pitching staff.

Yep. I think we have some issues. Losing 3 of 4 home to unbanked is going to bite us again. Just so damn frustrating. I know it's a long season but damn. Just damn.

War Machine Dawg
03-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Hitting Guru. He shall not be questioned.*********

Les Miles of baseball.

RougeDawg
03-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Hitting Guru. He shall not be questioned.*********

Les Miles of baseball.

Nope. Better not point out that we continue to have "punchin Judy" swings year after year, and who the common denominator amongst it all.

With just a little instruction and mechanical work we could hit 30+ HR's a year, easy. Shit Wes Rea should have 15+ by himself at minimum. Someone working with him keeping his weight back and simply pressing the bat through the zone, he could easily surpass 15 HR in a season. Brown and Collins should both be 7-15 HR guys as well. Not to mention the rest of the team should be putting up 15-20 HR's minimum. They aren't facing Major Leaguers every day. These college pitchers make a ton of mistakes, but the hitters have to be aggressive. Sitting back, working the count, and getting behind in the count lead to more defensive swings and less offensive production. We should have scouting reports of the other teams. We should know what pitches are coming a majority of the time (if scouting report is studied and followed), and be zoned in on specific pitches in specific situations. Thus teeing off when they are thrown in the strike zone.

MsStateBaseball
03-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Swinarski has great potential, a free swinger. He will be very good one day, just keep working.

MsStateBaseball
03-08-2015, 09:06 PM
And what I love about Joey, he don't strikeout looking! Swing the bat.

nsvltndog
03-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Agree that Swinarski will be very good one day. I had no problem at all with using him in that position.

War Machine Dawg
03-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Swinarski has great potential, a free swinger. He will be very good one day, just keep working.

And what I love about Joey, he don't strikeout looking! Swing the bat.

Who says he won't be good one day? The problem is that RIGHT NOW he is far......Far.......FAR from game ready. If we were going to develop him slowly, we should've been doing it against the 85 SWAC teams we played, not against one of the best 3 teams in our non-con.

Smitty
03-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Swinarski needs to go to a LEGIT hitting instructor this summer if we have a prayer with him. Rooker, Hump, Reynolds need coaching too.

We better get some damn hitters on campus in this class or we are in trouble.