PDA

View Full Version : Fewest points allowed in SEC play since 2008

Coach34
03-07-2015, 08:30 PM
nice job Ray

JohnnyQuid
03-07-2015, 08:32 PM
keep polishing it :confused: how about points scored?

99jc
03-07-2015, 08:37 PM
nice job Ray

Squad with piss on them. Don't even try to sugar coat this losin son of bitched coached team!

Coach34
03-07-2015, 08:37 PM
why cant you celebrate a good stat?

99jc
03-07-2015, 08:45 PM
that's not why you posted that and you know it. If someone had posted the same thing on a Stansbury team you would have roasted their ASS! Just swallow your pride for once and admit Ricky Ray is awful and needs to go this Croom Part 2 experiment is a 17'n disaster.

BeardoMSU
03-07-2015, 08:48 PM
nice job Ray

It was Missouri, Coach.....the team in the SEC that is worse than us....

War Machine Dawg
03-07-2015, 08:51 PM
that's not why you posted that and you know it. If someone had posted the same thing on a Stansbury team you would have roasted their ASS! Just swallow your pride for once and admit Ricky Ray is awful and needs to go this Croom Part 2 experiment is a 17'n disaster.

C34 has clearly said if Ray lost one of these last 3, he wanted him gone. He lost 2/3. Don't know what else to tell you. Y'all just keep falling for his trolling every damn time.

JohnnyQuid
03-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Idk how they arent embarrassed putting that horrible ass shit on tv tonight. thank god for sec network i guess.

DownwardDawg
03-07-2015, 08:53 PM
nice job Ray

Please stop. It's embarrassing.

Coach34
03-07-2015, 09:02 PM
It was Missouri, Coach.....the team in the SEC that is worse than us....

SEC season- not today

Ralph
03-07-2015, 09:16 PM
The sec is the weakest I can remember. Not a stat to celebrate.

Coach34
03-07-2015, 09:20 PM

Thats wrong on so many levels- last year the SEC got 3 teams in the NCAA's- this year will get 5 and maybe a 6th...SEC is better than its been since about 2008 or 2007

starkvegasdawg
03-07-2015, 09:22 PM
That's like celebrating getting a hummer in a whore house.

Quaoarsking
03-07-2015, 09:23 PM

That is objectively and proveably false by every computer ranking out there.

Bully13
03-07-2015, 09:33 PM
the SEC is definitely not as weak as it's been in recent years but today's win is definitely something that should be considered as coming in 2nd to last in a penis size contest.

quickstrike2
03-07-2015, 10:06 PM
I was hoping for a Stan's thread but this will do.

msstate7
03-07-2015, 10:11 PM
I was hoping for a Stan's thread but this will do.

I laughed

Dawgface
03-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Stans would have beaten MO worse.

mcdawg
03-07-2015, 10:29 PM
nice job Ray

Coach - you have got to be just trying to get people stirred up. That was an awful display of basketball. My kid use to love to go with me to State basketball games. We watched the first half together, but it was so boring that we cut it off and went out to eat. I feel sorry for the players that committed to the previous staff and selfishly for me - my kid has no interest in State basketball any more.

mcdawg
03-07-2015, 10:32 PM
the SEC is definitely not as weak as it's been in recent years but today's win is definitely something that should be considered as coming in 2nd to last in a penis size contest.

Now that is funny.

Tbonewannabe
03-07-2015, 10:42 PM
Rick Ray gets effort, he just seems to be not a great coach and not a great recruiter.

JohnnyQuid
03-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Rick Ray gets effort, he just seems to be not a great coach and not a great recruiter.

We play hard and we're only an embarrassment on the court, not in the "stands"** :D

Liverpooldawg
03-07-2015, 11:17 PM
34 you need to just quit talking about basketball. You are decent when it comes to football but you are hopeless when it comes to basketball. You have been wrong on nearly everything about it for the last 7-8 years. This comment is just inane. It's about wins and losses dude. You never have understood that. Your personal hatred has affected us all.

Liverpooldawg
03-07-2015, 11:30 PM
By the way, THAT team won the SEC West, made the semis of the SEC tourney, and won a game in the NCAA tourney. A final Four Team put them out in a hard fought game. That is just pathetic 34. Dude are you seriously trying to equate a team like that to what we have now? You are hopeless. You need to park that hatred.

JohnnyQuid
03-07-2015, 11:51 PM
By the way, THAT team won the SEC West, made the semis of the SEC tourney, and won a game in the NCAA tourney. A final Four Team put them out. That is just pathetic 34. Dude are you seriously trying to equate a team like that to what we have now? You are hopeless. You need to park that hatred.

:cool:

dawgs
03-08-2015, 01:00 AM
I'd like to see points allowed this year v. average points scored. And points allowed in 2008 v. average points scored in 2008. Scoring is trending down across MBB.

basedog
03-08-2015, 06:25 AM
Watching us play basketball this year has been painful, fact is I only watch a few minutes at a time or none at all.

Missouri is so bad they would be middle of the pack in the SWAC, Msu would make a run for the title in the SWAC.

As for as the SEC being improved this year with 5 or 6 teams dancing, we shall see in the dance.

I'm glad we beat Missouri but so what it's Missouri and they are about as bad as I have ever seen in the SEC lately.

Now back to bitching about bunt or not, take him out or leave him in, take or swing, steal or hit and run, play in or play for double play, fast ball or breaking ball and finally Cohen sucks or Cohen is good!

shannondawg
03-08-2015, 08:13 AM
I at first hated Coach's Stans threads, but realized if he didn't do them, this would be a pretty boring board as far as I am concerned. So I look forward to reading them, but not posting any defense anymore.

Ralph
03-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Thats wrong on so many levels- last year the SEC got 3 teams in the NCAA's- this year will get 5 and maybe a 6th...SEC is better than its been since about 2008 or 2007

This is laughable. The competition is nothing like it was 7 years ago. We are irrelevant, and no stat can be spun to show otherwise.

Ralph
03-08-2015, 09:27 AM

Ok, so if we are holding conf teams to less points scored since 2008, why aren't we one of the 5 or 6 teams in the tourney? Why weren't we one of the 3 last year?

You know ppl are reaching when W/L don't matter anymore; just pick and choose stats. If we are truly that good on D, and the sec is as stellar as your computer rankings suggest, there is ZERO excuse not to make the ncaas. Period.

msstate7
03-08-2015, 09:43 AM
This is laughable. The competition is nothing like it was 7 years ago. We are irrelevant, and no stat can be spun to show otherwise.

'07-'08 -- sec had 4 teams in the ncaa tourney: kentucky, tenn, vandy, and us.

Tenn made S16

We got to round of 32

Vandy and kentucky both lost first round.

Quaoarsking
03-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Ok, so if we are holding conf teams to less points scored since 2008, why aren't we one of the 5 or 6 teams in the tourney? Why weren't we one of the 3 last year?

You know ppl are reaching when W/L don't matter anymore; just pick and choose stats. If we are truly that good on D, and the sec is as stellar as your computer rankings suggest, there is ZERO excuse not to make the ncaas. Period.

We aren't making the NCAAs because we aren't very good. That has very little bearing on the fact that the SEC's conference RPI is the strongest this year that it has been in the Rick Ray era:
2014-15 - 5th
2013-14 - 7th
2012-13 - 9th

In addition, the KenPom ratings are generally believed to be a lot more accurate of a team/conference's true strength than RPI. These:
2014-15 - 5th
2013-14 - 6th
2012-13 - 8th

I'm not trying to argue that we're good or decent or that Rick Ray is good, decent, or OK. All I did was disagree with your premise that the SEC is weaker now than it has been, and that is not correct. The SEC has been down a lot more in the past 2 years than it is this year. The number of teams the conference gets into the tournament isn't that good of a measure -- the computer rankings are much better way to judge a conference's strength.

Ralph
03-08-2015, 10:05 AM
We aren't making the NCAAs because we aren't very good. That has very little bearing on the fact that the SEC's conference RPI is the strongest this year that it has been in the Rick Ray era:
2014-15 - 5th
2013-14 - 7th
2012-13 - 9th

In addition, the KenPom ratings are generally believed to be a lot more accurate of a team/conference's true strength than RPI. These:
2014-15 - 5th
2013-14 - 6th
2012-13 - 8th

I'm not trying to argue that we're good or decent or that Rick Ray is good, decent, or OK. All I did was disagree with your premise that the SEC is weaker now than it has been, and that is not correct. The SEC has been down a lot more in the past 2 years than it is this year. The number of teams the conference gets into the tournament isn't that good of a measure -- the computer rankings are much better way to judge a conference's strength.

I'm saying is the worst team inthe sec 8 years ago would crush the worst sec team today.

Sec is getting better, and we are getting worse/staying the same.

Edited to add: Quick lookup of conf rpi from earlier years. (if did report correctly)

09- 4th
08- 4th
07 - can't find
06- 1st

BiscuitEater
03-08-2015, 10:36 AM
why cant you celebrate a good stat?

It is a 'pointless' stat. It's just like celebrating 'cause we lost by less this year than last year.

We are the 12th seed in the SECT. Yea ... we get to play Auburn.

Ray's three years are now the 'standard' for losing by a MSU Men's Basketball Coach. NO other coach has had fewer wins or SEC wins over ANY three year period .. in MSU history .. ever.

NOT just three seasons with only 13 SEC wins (24%) BUT three losing seasons with the crappiest OOC schedule in the conference.

Yepper ... keep polishing!

dawgs
03-08-2015, 11:10 AM
I'd like to see points allowed this year v. average points scored. And points allowed in 2008 v. average points scored in 2008. Scoring is trending down across MBB.

Not that anyone seems to care about context, but I'd also like to see points per possession so we could tell what kinda role pace of play has on the points allowed.

RTO Dawg
03-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Hopeless Croom feelings.... **** this dumpster fire

chef dixon
03-08-2015, 11:37 AM
You can watch any SEC game minus UK and see its still a shit product. I don't care what the "computers" say the league is about the same as it has been for years now. The Big East and American conference have weakened themselves in the computers eyes with all the splitting of conferences and it has opened up the gate for a couple more SEC teams to sneak in.

chef dixon
03-08-2015, 11:39 AM
You can watch any SEC game minus UK and see its still a shit product. I don't care what the "computers" say the league is about the same as it has been for years now. The Big East and American conference have weakened themselves in the computers eyes with all the splitting of conferences and it has opened up the gate for a couple more SEC teams to sneak in.

Oh wait, computers don't have eyes. If they did, they wouldn't watch SEC basketball.

Dawg61
03-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Not that anyone seems to care about context, but I'd also like to see points per possession so we could tell what kinda role pace of play has on the points allowed.

Exactly