PDA

View Full Version : What would it take...

preachermatt83
03-07-2015, 12:40 PM
If we admit it or not, we are all discouraged over the last two performances by our baseball team. We are all getting a little nervous about our approach at the plate. I must say though, that our pitching has been phenomenal but yet I am still very nervous about this team the last few games. Having said that, what would it take today to make ya feel a little better...

For me I'd love to see us be very aggressive at the plate and put up 8-9 runs. That would def make me feel better. This overly conservative approach of "patience" and looking at the first pitch strike and striking out looking is driving me nuts.

Jacksondevildog
03-07-2015, 12:46 PM
1. Not hitting batters, especially on 0-2.
2. Limiting walks
3. Not having our hitter's assholes tighten up when a base runner advances past first base.
4. Less Luke Reynolds (for now)
5. Less Humphreys (for now).
6. No passed balls by the catcher, especially when they didn't have to be blocked up. Nothing worse than HBP, Steal (high throw and safe because of high throw), passed ball, passed ball, 1-0 deficit. I want to throw my laptop across the room.

Dawg496
03-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Similar to #RTGDFB, #STGDBB

War Machine Dawg
03-07-2015, 01:08 PM
If we admit it or not, we are all discouraged over the last two performances by our baseball team. We are all getting a little nervous about our approach at the plate. I must say though, that our pitching has been phenomenal but yet I am still very nervous about this team the last few games. Having said that, what would it take today to make ya feel a little better...

For me I'd love to see us be very aggressive at the plate and put up 8-9 runs. That would def make me feel better. This overly conservative approach of "patience" and looking at the first pitch strike and striking out looking is driving me nuts.

It's like we brought back Polk to teach hitting. Taking the grooved first pitch strike was a hallmark of his teams. It never failed we'd always start the count 0-1.

Jack Lambert
03-07-2015, 02:04 PM
We are going to lose games. When you play 50 plus games you are going to lose some. I don't understand all the worries myself.

Todd4State
03-07-2015, 06:27 PM
We are going to lose games. When you play 50 plus games you are going to lose some. I don't understand all the worries myself.

Very true. While Arkansas- Pine Bluff was an awful loss, San Diego has a pretty good pitching staff. I can tolerate losing to their ace even though we certainly did some bad things that cost us the game. That said, 4 runs against their number two is not too bad.

Every baseball team in America is going to struggle against SEC Friday night guys. You just go in and expect a low scoring game.