PDA

View Full Version : Lady Dawgs vs KY

Acid mouth
03-06-2015, 10:13 PM
We up 39-32 with 2 mins til half. Would a win tonight be enough to get us 2 home games (top 4seed) in the NCAA tourney? Our girls really are a fun team to watch and will be for the foreseeable future.

BeardoMSU
03-06-2015, 10:41 PM
VV is going HAM.

War Machine Dawg
03-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Titty Dawgs are choking hard right now. UK has grabbed their first lead of the night and we just committed a shot clock violation on the other end. C'mon, girls, get your shit together!

mstatefan91
03-06-2015, 11:16 PM
Quit calling them "Titty Dawgs." It's just disrespectful

mstatefan91
03-06-2015, 11:31 PM
Epps with the help of the referees has decided this game. Hats off to Epps. Screw the refs

maroonmania
03-06-2015, 11:35 PM
Between baseball, softball, and now the WBB team choking away a chance to host the NCAAs, its been a rough day all around. And that doesn't even mention the last few weeks of misery with Men's basketball.

mstatefan91
03-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Between baseball, softball, and now the WBB team choking away a chance to host the NCAAs, its been a rough day all around. And that doesn't even mention the last few weeks of misery with Men's basketball.

I feel the exact same way. Today, my first day of spring break, I was expecting to enjoy a lot of MSU athletics. It has been nothing but disappointment...

War Machine Dawg
03-06-2015, 11:39 PM
Epic collapse. What a damn joke. Up 15 and lose by 9. 24 point swing.

mstatefan91
03-06-2015, 11:41 PM
Epic collapse. What a damn joke. Up 15 and lose by 9. 24 point swing.

And that's an understatement. It was hard to watch

War Machine Dawg
03-06-2015, 11:45 PM
Quit calling them "Titty Dawgs." It's just disrespectful

http://i.imgur.com/MxFDXSh.gif

Outside Dawg
03-06-2015, 11:47 PM
That collapse in the second half was reminiscent of the last ~10 mens games. Can't buy a bucket.

mstatefan91
03-06-2015, 11:47 PM
[img]http://i.imgur.com/MxFDXSh.gif[/img

Just know that you are making our fan base look bad.

dickiedawg
03-06-2015, 11:49 PM
Some serious bed-shitting went on tonight.
No idea why we didn't make an effort to get to the FT line more when we weren't hitting shots. Also no idea why Morgan didn't play a lick down the stretch.
Overall just super, super disappointed in everything about the second half. All the effort, all the intensity was from the Blue side.

mstatefan91
03-06-2015, 11:51 PM
Some serious bed-shitting went on tonight.
No idea why we didn't make an effort to get to the FT line more when we weren't hitting shots. Also no idea why Morgan didn't play a lick down the stretch.
Overall just super, super disappointed in everything about the second half. All the effort, all the intensity was from the Blue side.

Based on what was shown, it looks like Schaefer didn't like what Morgan was doing on either side of the court. That said, I don't agree with keeping her out as "punishment." Make her aware and then put her back in..

whosyourdawgy
03-06-2015, 11:56 PM
Up 15 when victoria hurt her thumb. In the time she was out, Martha did not touch the ball? Instead brick laying Dillingham is shooting 3's, bricking layups. The freshman pt guard comes in and commits 2 turnovers and commits a stupid foul. And most importantly coach continued to guard Epps one on one and she took it to the hole and scored everytime. Try zone. Double team her. Do something besides letting her beat us by herself. I just don't understand how he doesn't tell them to throw the damn ball in to Martha. Quit dribbling around the top of the key until the shot clock gets low then have to take a bad shot. The refs hd nothing to do w Epps killing us. She didn't even shoot that many free throws. That last 10 minutes was not the team we have been all season long. It was awful. To be up 15 and lose by 9 is an epic collapse

whosyourdawgy
03-07-2015, 12:02 AM
Based on what was shown, it looks like Schaefer didn't like what Morgan was doing on either side of the court. That said, I don't agree with keeping her out as "punishment." Make her aware and then put her back in..

I actually agreed with keeping her on the bench. She was killing us on the defensive end and not being her aggressive self in the offensive end. She played just a little in the 2nd half and in a 3 possession span she had 2 turnovers got scored on and committed a foul at mid court. She was not on her game and needed to be on the bench. Dillingham killed us tonight to in that stretch where she all of a sudden thought she was victoria or something. Firing up 3's, bricking a wide open layup, and missing free throws. But i just don't get why Martha never touched the ball except when she occasionally got one of the brick rebounds and got fouled putting it back up. Terrible way to lose a game. I just hope the thumb is gonna be ok quickly

Maroonthirteen
03-07-2015, 07:14 AM
SOS, different year. Baseball will go .500 in league.
WBB, 1st rd NCAA loss.
Softball, the SEC schedule will be rough.

But hey.....they could all easily be as bad as men's bb.

TheRef
03-07-2015, 12:34 PM
Christ guys....y'all are over reacting to this loss bad. Losing in the first round? No 17'n way! Kentucky is a very good squad, who we lost to during the regular season. Also, remember that there are only 3 seniors on this squad. This is a VERY YOUNG team that we have. Vic will have these girls mentally ready in 2 weeks.

Jacksondevildog
03-07-2015, 12:39 PM
This all day.
Christ guys....y'all are over reacting to this loss bad. Losing in the first round? No 17'n way! Kentucky is a very good squad, who we lost to during the regular season. Also, remember that there are only 3 seniors on this squad. This is a VERY YOUNG team that we have. Vic will have these girls mentally ready in 2 weeks.

shannondawg
03-07-2015, 01:28 PM
All I know is my transformation from men's to Ladies hoops is real. I had that sick feeling last night and today about us losing. Use to feel that same way about the men's , now I just don't give a crap and won't til something is done about our coaching.

mstatefan91
03-07-2015, 01:45 PM
I think it was just the way we lost Ref. Up 15, and then lose by 9 because we couldn't figure out how to stop an injured player. It was an embarrassing way to lose. If Kentucky had been in the game the whole time, then there would be far less reaction.

TheRef
03-07-2015, 01:51 PM
I think it was just the way we lost Ref. Up 15, and then lose by 9 because we couldn't figure out how to stop an injured player. It was an embarrassing way to lose. If Kentucky had been in the game the whole time, then there would be far less reaction.

We also had the leading scorer in the SEC injure her shooting hand...

Look, I'm as disappointed in the loss just as much as you are. But if anyone immediately says "WE'RE GOING TO LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND BECAUSE OUR TEAM IS SO BADDD!!1!!11!!111!!!" then you probably haven't watched enough of this team. While this loss is a tough one to take, I think I'll compare it to the Vandy loss earlier in the year. The team bounced back and had a powerful display the next game. Remember....we have two weeks before we play again. One week until we find out where we are going (hopefully staying in the Hump). Also, Epps is one of those players like Victoria that when she gets hot, she gets really hot. We still have two more years of Epps vs. Vivians, so that should be a fun little rivalry to watch.

dickiedawg
03-07-2015, 03:01 PM
We also had the leading scorer in the SEC injure her shooting hand...

Look, I'm as disappointed in the loss just as much as you are. But if anyone immediately says "WE'RE GOING TO LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND BECAUSE OUR TEAM IS SO BADDD!!1!!11!!111!!!" then you probably haven't watched enough of this team. While this loss is a tough one to take, I think I'll compare it to the Vandy loss earlier in the year. The team bounced back and had a powerful display the next game. Remember....we have two weeks before we play again. One week until we find out where we are going (hopefully staying in the Hump). Also, Epps is one of those players like Victoria that when she gets hot, she gets really hot. We still have two more years of Epps vs. Vivians, so that should be a fun little rivalry to watch.

Only one person suggested we would lose in the first round of the NCAA's, which is a ridiculous assertion. I agree that opinion could only be held by someone with little experience with this team.
But to characterize this loss as anything but an EPIC second-half collapse (or a heroic, stuff-of-legends effort by an opposing player with her team on her back, but F that)
would just be rationalizing. Yes, UK is a good team but we had them on the ropes and let off the gas on both ends of the court.

TheRef
03-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Only one person suggested we would lose in the first round of the NCAA's, which is a ridiculous assertion. I agree that opinion could only be held by someone with little experience with this team.
But to characterize this loss as anything but an EPIC second-half collapse (or a heroic, stuff-of-legends effort by an opposing player with her team on her back, but F that)
would just be rationalizing. Yes, UK is a good team but we had them on the ropes and let off the gas on both ends of the court.

Okay..yeah...we 17'ed it up.