PDA

View Full Version : Chris Low - 10 Bold Predictions

TXDawg
03-06-2015, 02:10 PM
From ESPN's SEC Football Blog:

HailState shows staying power: Mississippi State won 10 games in the regular season a year ago for the first time in school history. The Bulldogs lost some key pieces on defense, and the general feeling around the league is that they won't be able to sustain that success. But with Dak Prescott back, they aren't going to just roll over and play dead. They'll find a way to go at least .500 in SEC play for the second straight season. The last time that happened was when Jackie Sherrill was running ?bullish? in Starkville with four straight seasons of .500 SEC records or better from 1997-2000.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/98785/spring-preview-10-bold-sec-predictions

I think we'll do better than that (I'm predicting 9 or 10 regular season wins). Nice to see some positive press from ESPN, though.

War Machine Dawg
03-06-2015, 02:36 PM
I like Low, he's generally pretty fair. Asschaps is a different story, however.

smootness
03-06-2015, 02:43 PM

Yeah, Low is a legitimate analyst and does his homework.

And it really comes down to Dak. If you know nothing else about our team, you should still be optimistic about our season.

tireddawg
03-06-2015, 03:08 PM

I laughed..

Tbonewannabe
03-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Great QBs are the biggest impact in all of team sports. It is why without Tom Brady they might not make the playoffs. We will have arguably the best QB/WR combination in college football. That is going to make everybody else on offense better.

That is why I think it is moronic to think we are around the bottom of the SEC next year.

Coach34
03-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Anybody thinking this team with the one of the best QB's in the nation and the best group of WR's we have ever had in school history is going less than 8-4 is kidding themselves.

MetEdDawg
03-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Anybody thinking this team with the one of the best QB's in the nation and the best group of WR's we have ever had in school history is going less than 8-4 is kidding themselves.

This. We will have a good OL. My only concern is again the safety position. How quickly do we come along there? I think the DL is going to surprise everyone but us, and I think a LB core of the Browns and either Jung or Jackson will be fine.

I think we beat LSU and OM, lose both Auburn and TAMU on the road, then lose to Bama. 9-3 and that's a very solid season on what is traditionally our difficult schedule year.

Tripp McNeely
03-06-2015, 04:08 PM

Hell, I think we'd go 8-4 if Staley or Fitz had to start

Coach34
03-06-2015, 04:10 PM
I think we beat LSU and Ole Missus as well- and then have 3 very close games with A&M, Auburn, and Bammer- all could go either way. We will lose to Upig in the sandwich game between Bammer and Ole Missus on a nasty, cold day in R-Kansas

Political Hack
03-06-2015, 04:20 PM
I think we beat LSU and Ole Missus as well- and then have 3 very close games with A&M, Auburn, and Bammer. We will lose to Upig in the sandwich game between Bammer and Ole Missus on a nasty, cold day in R-Kansas

I'm close. I think we beat OM, A&M, Bama, & Auburn but lose to LSU and Arkansas. I think our game with Arkansas decides who wins the west between us and LSU.

WAY TOO EARLY PREDICTION...

chef dixon
03-06-2015, 05:01 PM
If Diaz can conjure up anything like the 2010 defense with the offense we will have next year.... WOOOOOOOO!!! (Ric Flair voice)

DancingRabbit
03-06-2015, 05:14 PM
I'm close. I think we beat OM, A&M, Bama, & Auburn but lose to LSU and Arkansas. I think our game with Arkansas decides who wins the west between us and LSU.

That's definitely bolder than what Low said. I can't see it panning out that way but who knows.

Westdawg
03-06-2015, 11:11 PM
I am calling it now - the west will be decided in the Arkansas game. I think our biggest game will be the A&M game and of course Egg Bowl. We are gonna romp Auburn, Bama and LSU

Todd4State
03-06-2015, 11:22 PM

I hate it when the SEC West comes down to the Arkansas/MSU game. We've won I think once in that situation- when we actually won the SEC West. And even then it took two Wayne Madkin miracles and a last second field goal.

chef dixon
03-07-2015, 12:56 PM
I am calling it now - the west will be decided in the Arkansas game. I think our biggest game will be the A&M game and of course Egg Bowl. We are gonna romp Auburn, Bama and LSU

I agree man. Auburn and LSU were not good teams at the end of the season (or for the whole season for that matter) but they are of course going to get the benefit of the doubt. @TAMU, @Missouri, @Arkansas are going to be very hairy. Ole Miss is QB play from 10-2 or 6-6, so it'll probably be somewhere in the middle at 8-4

Howboutdemdogs
03-08-2015, 10:19 AM
This is not the only "analyst" that is not giving us a chance. Hope this fuels the team again to play with a chip on their shoulder and prove them wrong. I feel we will win at least 9 regular games this year.

msstate7
03-08-2015, 10:24 AM
I think we beat LSU and Ole Missus as well- and then have 3 very close games with A&M, Auburn, and Bammer- all could go either way. We will lose to Upig in the sandwich game between Bammer and Ole Missus on a nasty, cold day in R-Kansas

Ark plays at OM and at lsu before us. That will be a tough game for both of us

Jack Lambert
03-08-2015, 12:50 PM
No way that is a bold predictions. Pretty easy to say they will go .500 in SEC play. What a dumb ass.