PDA

View Full Version : What I'd love to see...

preachermatt83
03-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Fri- Vance
Sat- Sexton
Sun- Preston

Midweek- Hudson

Pen- Laster, Young, Ross, D Brown, Houston, Fitts.... That's a pretty potent pen.

smootness
03-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Personally, if Hudson doesn't have a weekend job, I'd rather have him come out of the pen with Laster pitching midweek.

Lasted can handle those starts without a problem, and I think Hudson can be more valuable out of the pen against SEC competition, especially since we already have Mitchell and Brown as lefties there.

War Machine Dawg
03-06-2015, 02:21 PM
Personally, if Hudson doesn't have a weekend job, I'd rather have him come out of the pen with Laster pitching midweek.

Lasted can handle those starts without a problem, and I think Hudson can be more valuable out of the pen against SEC competition, especially since we already have Mitchell and Brown as lefties there.

Completely agree with this. Hudson as a short relief fireballer in SEC play > Hudson pacing himself as a starter in midweek. There aren't a whole lot of guys throwing 98 and who come to college. Hudson is one of them. Hell, if it were up to me, he'd be our closer over Fitts. I pretty much HATE pitch-to-contact closers, which is exactly what Fitts is.

War Machine Dawg
03-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Fri- Vance
Sat- Sexton
Sun- Preston

Midweek- Hudson

Pen- Laster, Young, Ross, D Brown, Houston, Fitts.... That's a pretty potent pen.

You're almost there:
Fri - Preston
Sat - Vance
Sun - Sexton/Hudson

That gives us a R/L/R rotation. And Brown has proven he's the ace of the staff so far, meaning there is no way you move him off Friday nights unless he blows up.

I seen it dawg
03-06-2015, 02:29 PM
You're almost there:
Fri - Preston
Sat - Vance
Sun - Sexton/Hudson

That gives us a R/L/R rotation. And Brown has proven he's the ace of the staff so far, meaning there is no way you move him off Friday nights unless he blows up.

I like that as it also allows us to extend Ross a little bit on Friday behind the righty and bring him back on Sunday.

A perfect world he goes an inning, 20 pitches or so, on Fri and then can be really fresh and follow the youngster that starts on Sunday. He gets in trouble early we have a fresh veteran in Ross to chase him after a quick hook.

preachermatt83
03-06-2015, 03:41 PM
You're almost there:
Fri - Preston
Sat - Vance
Sun - Sexton/Hudson

What? Look at the stats my man... Preston is not even close to performing the way Vance is.

Todd4State
03-06-2015, 03:50 PM
EVENTUALLY I would like to see:

Fri- Vance
Sat.- Hudson
Sun.- Sexton

Midweek- Preston

That gives us a pen of Ross, Fitts, Laster, and Houston. Gentry will be back this weekend as well- so we will see what he can give us. Paul Young coming back might be able to replace Hudson in the pen as the strike out RH guy- but that remains to be seen as well.

Todd4State
03-06-2015, 03:51 PM
You're almost there:
Fri - Preston
Sat - Vance
Sun - Sexton/Hudson

Thing is, Vance Tatum has blown up. But in a good way for us.

War Machine Dawg
03-06-2015, 08:02 PM
Thing is, Vance Tatum has blown up. But in a good way for us.

No doubt. Just don't see how you can justify moving Preston at this point, though. Bottom line is we have a "good" problem with our starting pitching.

Todd4State
03-06-2015, 08:38 PM
No doubt. Just don't see how you can justify moving Preston at this point, though. Bottom line is we have a "good" problem with our starting pitching.

Because of tonight. We're going to be facing legit aces from here on out for the most part on Friday night- meaning runs are usually going to be tough to come by. Preston is a pitch to contact guy- and that's going to give the other team more opportunities in general to get a run or two.

Now I like Preston a lot. And he can still be the leader of the staff if he isn't in the ace position. He's the kind of pitcher you don't want to see on a Sunday in the SEC if you are the opposition. Gets a lot of ground balls, knows how to pitch, competes, is a veteran.

preachermatt83
03-06-2015, 09:01 PM
Because of tonight. We're going to be facing legit aces from here on out for the most part on Friday night- meaning runs are usually going to be tough to come by. Preston is a pitch to contact guy- and that's going to give the other team more opportunities in general to get a run or two.

Now I like Preston a lot. And he can still be the leader of the staff if he isn't in the ace position. He's the kind of pitcher you don't want to see on a Sunday in the SEC if you are the opposition. Gets a lot of ground balls, knows how to pitch, competes, is a veteran.

Amen. Couldn't agree more.