PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Basketball recruit Clayton Hughes' Highlights

SouthMsDawg
03-06-2015, 11:16 AM
I really hope we are able to get this kid he's 6'6" long arms, athletic, and can shoot the 3.

https://vimeo.com/115588498

smootness
03-06-2015, 11:34 AM
Good stuff, he definitely has some real talent to work with. It's a little concerning to me that all the highlights are either dunks from leading the fast break atop the zone, or long jump shots. I'd like to see a more varied offensive game in the half court, but again, definitely great athleticism and a good stroke. I'd definitely take him, seems like a better version of KPG.

BTW, he's gonna have to fix the tendency to put half a foot inside the 3-pt line for no reason. I scream at the TV every time one of our guys does that...dumbest play in basketball.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-06-2015, 11:45 AM
He has a skill set that we currently don't have on the roster. He's a proficient spot up shooter that is also very athletic. He's Demetrius Houston athletic with a Jalen Steele stroke. He would be a great compliment to go with Simonds, Weatherspoon, & Tookie. Guys that can get in the paint & create open shots for a knock down shooter like Hughes.

SouthMsDawg
03-06-2015, 11:55 AM
He has a skill set that we currently don't have on the roster. He's a proficient spot up shooter that is also very athletic. He's Demetrius Houston athletic with a Jalen Steele stroke. He would be a great compliment to go with Simonds, Weatherspoon, & Tookie. Guys that can get in the paint & create open shots for a knock down shooter like Hughes.

Agree with everything you just said above. He has a skillset that we need.

As for Smootness' comparison with Kenny Paul Geno, I dont see it all. Geno can't shoot a lick and Hughes shows in his highlights he has NBA range from behind the arc.

Goat from MSU
03-06-2015, 12:05 PM
I have seen the kid play,his school is in same class. as my daughter"s school .He is a VERY good 3pt. shooter . But Vandy and Ole Miss is also putting a big push for him more so than us.

As for Smootness' comparison with Kenny Paul Geno, I dont see it all. Geno can't shoot a lick and Hughes shows in his highlights he has NBA range from behind the arc.

Dawg61
03-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Can we trade Daniels for him? Or Ndoye?

msstate7
03-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Can we trade Daniels for him? Or Ndoye?

Daniels will be gone. Ndoye will be all sec by then (little optimistic***)

Goat from MSU
03-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Let's not be full of it .
Daniels will be gone. Ndoye will be all sec by then (little optimistic***)

smootness
03-06-2015, 01:32 PM

I didn't mean for the KPG comparison to be slight against him. I like KPG's athleticism, and this kid has some of that. This kid can also shoot, yes, so he is definitely a better version.