PDA

View Full Version : Strangely Excited for this weekend series....

Political Hack
03-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Anyone else a little more excited than normal for this weekend's series? I am looking forward to this one more than the Arizona games because I want to see how they bounce back after the loss. I think we're going to learn a lot about the team this weekend.

Coach34
03-06-2015, 09:44 AM
How we pitching it? Same as last week SP-wise?

messageboardsuperhero
03-06-2015, 09:48 AM
How we pitching it? Same as last week SP-wise?

P. Brown- Friday
Sexton- Saturday
Tatum- Sunday

Only three games this weekend.

Outside Dawg
03-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Anyone else a little more excited than normal for this weekend's series? I am looking forward to this one more than the Arizona games because I want to see how they bounce back after the loss. I think we're going to learn a lot about the team this weekend.

Me too. Bounce back after a bad loss...Facing good pitching (lets see if bats can have some life)...and Im excited to see a normal 3 game series against a quality team.

Are all three on SECN+ this weekend?

Political Hack
03-06-2015, 10:07 AM
I don't think Saturday is. The other two are.

TheRef
03-06-2015, 10:14 AM
I don't think Saturday is. The other two are.

Correct...men's game at the hump which means no baseball tv

mparkerfd20
03-06-2015, 10:19 AM
I'd be lying if I said my excitement wasn't tempered a little bit by our loss to Arkansas-PB. But I'm always excited for baseball. It's a very close 1B to football for me.

mparkerfd20
03-06-2015, 10:20 AM
I expect us to give up less that 10 runs in the 3 games this weekend with Brown, Sexton, and Tatum... Question is can we score more than 3 runs a game?

Political Hack
03-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Correct...men's game at the hump which means no baseball tv

I hope to God it's the women's team. Otherwise this is a pretty resounding display of our athletic department's failure to understand basic supply and demand concepts.

smootness
03-06-2015, 10:30 AM
I hope to God it's the women's team. Otherwise this is a pretty resounding display of our athletic department's failure to understand basic supply and demand concepts.

Hahaha good grief, man. I guess I have to at least respect your dedication to your cause.

Political Hack
03-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Hahaha good grief, man. I guess I have to at least respect your dedication to your cause.

Didn't realize my personal history prohibits me from having a perspective on the University's capacity to manage its sports programs. Thanks for clarifying.

I respect your dedication to your friend, if y'all are close enough to be considered friends, but suggesting bias in one direction while not acknowledging your own says a lot.

smootness
03-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Didn't realize my personal history prohibits me from having a perspective on the University's capacity to manage its sports programs. Thanks for clarifying.

I respect your dedication to your friend, if y'all are close enough to be considered friends, but suggesting bias in one direction while not acknowledging your own says a lot.

I have no reason to be biased. I've criticized the administration on a couple of things when it's been justified, and it's not looking good for the basketball hire.

But I wouldn't even have to know your history. Your posts make it plainly evident you have a personal vendetta that goes beyond all reason.

But no, no, no, you're right. The decision to have cameras at 2 baseball games and 1 basketball game instead of 3 baseball games and 0 basketball games isn't a logical decision given limited resources; it's a resounding failure.

We'll be able to show everything next year. Calm down.

ETA: I've never met Stricklin in my life. I'm just not insane.

Political Hack
03-06-2015, 02:16 PM
I have no reason to be biased. I've criticized the administration on a couple of things when it's been justified, and it's not looking good for the basketball hire.

But I wouldn't even have to know your history. Your posts make it plainly evident you have a personal vendetta that goes beyond all reason.

But no, no, no, you're right. The decision to have cameras at 2 baseball games and 1 basketball game instead of 3 baseball games and 0 basketball games isn't a logical decision given limited resources; it's a resounding failure.

We'll be able to show everything next year. Calm down.

ETA: I've never met Stricklin in my life. I'm just not insane.

If you think airing Saturday's basketball game over Saturday's baseball game is smart, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, I do have plenty of reasons, not known to you or anyone else on this board to personally dislike multiple people within the athletic department, etc... But, have you noticed I usually only point the finger at one? I don't bash Bracky or the other compliance people constantly even though I could hold a personal grudge. I don't rip Keenum even though I could hold a personal grudge against him as well.

I have legitimate concerns about how our administration is treating the individuals who were responsible for making MSU athletics what it is... including how Shannondawg got a freaking form letter instead of a phone call. Or how one of the first 3 members of the bulldog club ever, who's too sick to attend games anymore, held his season tickets for years and gave them away rather than dropping them because he liked donating to the athletic department, only to be screwed over during reseating (because someone promised to give more $ than he does in the future and it doesn't matter if he's given 10 times more than they have in the past). Or how CDL, a lifelong fan who's been to more basketball games than you and I will ever combine to attend, is so disenfranchised with the program right now that he doesn't go anymore.

The business side of college sports takes precedent over common sense and common decency these days. It's an arms race. I understand it has to be that way to a degree, but if you're going to tell lifers to "f off," at least do it with a smile on your face. Instead, our administration sends form letters to the guys who kept grinding when no one else gave a shit.

Also, look at our AD and look at the other SEC schools' ADs. It's a cool kids club and guess which MS school's AD isn't invited to the party?

I seen it dawg
03-06-2015, 02:21 PM
If you think airing Saturday's basketball game over Saturday's baseball game is smart, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, I do have plenty of reasons, not known to you or anyone else on this board to personally dislike multiple people within the athletic department, etc... But, have you noticed I usually only point the finger at one? I don't bash Bracky or the other compliance people constantly even though I could hold a personal grudge. I don't rip Keenum even though I could hold a personal grudge against him as well.

I have legitimate concerns about how our administration is treating the individuals who were responsible for making MSU athletics what it is... including how Shannondawg got a freaking form letter instead of a phone call. Or how one of the first 3 members of the bulldog club ever, who's too sick to attend games anymore, held his season tickets for years and gave them away rather than dropping them because he liked donating to the athletic department, only to be screwed over during reseating (because someone promised to give more $ than he does in the future and it doesn't matter if he's given 10 times more than they have in the past). Or how CDL, a lifelong fan who's been to more basketball games than you and I will ever combine to attend, is so disenfranchised with the program right now that he doesn't go anymore.

The business side of college sports takes precedent over common sense and common decency these days. It's an arms race. I understand it has to be that way to a degree, but if you're going to tell lifers to "f off," at least do it with a smile on your face. Instead, our administration sends form letters to the guys who kept grinding when no one else gave a shit.

Also, look at our AD and look at the other SEC schools' ADs. It's a cool kids club and guess which MS school's AD isn't invited to the party?

I love it when you get fired up. Especially when you're right.

TheRef
03-06-2015, 02:22 PM

The problem with your complaint is that this game was scheduled to be on SEC Network before the season began. We don't have the capability to run two live programs at once, but we will next season. With that in mind, us having the men's game broadcast take priority is out of the administration's hand.

I seen it dawg
03-06-2015, 02:22 PM
I'm extremely fired up about this wkd. Let's see what kind of stones they have. Let's see if Cohen put his foot in their ass and if it worked. How do you compete after a swift kick in the nuts? Answers start tonite.

Political Hack
03-06-2015, 02:25 PM
The problem with your complaint is that this game was scheduled to be on SEC Network before the season began. We don't have the capability to run two live programs at once, but we will next season. With that in mind, us having the men's game broadcast take priority is out of the administration's hand.

good. thanks for clarifying.

however I think this has evolved into Smootness and I arguing about whether or not I should be allowed to provide commentary on the administration's decisions. I don't know if he realizes it or not, but he's going to lose that argument.

TheRef
03-06-2015, 02:26 PM

however I think this has evolved into Smootness and I arguing about whether or not I should be allowed to provide commentary on the administration's decisions. I don't know if he realizes it or not, but he's going to lose that argument.

Just figured I would clarify as to why we are showing MBK instead of BB. Glad I could help.

War Machine Dawg
03-06-2015, 02:34 PM

http://i.imgur.com/RGt7lRD.gif

smootness
03-06-2015, 02:48 PM

This has nothing to do with what you should be allowed to do.

This has to do with you constantly taking small complaints, some of which aren't even legitimate, and blowing them up into things that prove Stricklin isn't capable of his job.

It's blatantly obvious that you decided on your own he couldn't do the job and try to find every little reason why that is true as proof.

Stricklin has done far more right than wrong so far, yet you believe he's not cut out for it because of a form letter and small decisions like these which prove to be out of his hands anyway.

Stricklin may not have hired Mullen or Stricklin, but he continues to show that he is taking both of those programs to unprecedented levels. I think it speaks volumes that both of those coaches are fully in support of him and are completely on the same page.

Some people, like you, apparently think Stricklin is too focused on the business aspect and not enough on people and tradition. Others complain that he's too 'aw shucks' and doesn't have the balls to make the necessary business decisions. Seems to me like he's pretty good at making the tough decisions.

smootness
03-06-2015, 02:55 PM

I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean. It's just another generic, personal attack based on nothing.

Political Hack
03-06-2015, 03:55 PM
This has nothing to do with what you should be allowed to do.

This has to do with you constantly taking small complaints, some of which aren't even legitimate, and blowing them up into things that prove Stricklin isn't capable of his job.

It's blatantly obvious that you decided on your own he couldn't do the job and try to find every little reason why that is true as proof.

Stricklin has done far more right than wrong so far, yet you believe he's not cut out for it because of a form letter and small decisions like these which prove to be out of his hands anyway.

Stricklin may not have hired Mullen or Stricklin, but he continues to show that he is taking both of those programs to unprecedented levels. I think it speaks volumes that both of those coaches are fully in support of him and are completely on the same page.

Some people, like you, apparently think Stricklin is too focused on the business aspect and not enough on people and tradition. Others complain that he's too 'aw shucks' and doesn't have the balls to make the necessary business decisions. Seems to me like he's pretty good at making the tough decisions.

oh no, he's LT part II. He'll cut a jugular for a dollar. Either way, he's ridden the coat tails of the Ninja quite well in football and baseball. He's been able to get his fingers on one of the big three and we see how well that's going. When it comes to the SEC people complain that he has no gumption. I tend to agree, but care less about that aspect of things. Eventually the league will win regardless so you have to pick and choose your battles wisely. Outside of getting hosed in the 2013 football schedule I don't see much that he should've done differently in fighting the league office.

I'll also give credit where credit is due. He's invested towards building the mecca of college baseball, and if it's successful, it's going to be a crowning achievement that will be hard for future ADs to top. He's also parlayed the success the Ninja handed him and kept the momentum going in football and baseball. The new football stadium is amazing. The environment is unreal now. How much of that is him vs the Ninja vs Mullen is debatable, but he certainly hasn't screwed it up.

That said, when he pissed on the legs of the gentlemen who built our programs, I'm going to bitch about it... and then complain about other stupid stuff in the short term immediately after.