PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here been to ....

Liverpooldawg
03-05-2015, 09:25 PM
the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta? I have to be at a meeting in Atlanta in a couple of weeks and I'm going to be staying basically across the street from it. I have a couple of hours free one afternoon. Is it worth doing and if it is can you see it in 2 hours?

smootness
03-05-2015, 09:38 PM
I've been. It's definitely cool to see, though I'm unsure as to whether I'd pay for it. I got the opportunity to go for free as part of the Rising Seniors game.

Basically on the first floor there is a wall of every college helmet, like 700 of them, and there is a room where you can kick field goals on a regulation goalpost and catch passes.

On the second floor, they have some interactive areas that are pretty cool. There's a 10-15 minute video and several areas where you can be part of a Gameday set, see the evolution of uniforms, call classic plays yourself, etc. they also have various trophies you can see and such.

Then the top floor is the actual hall of fame. It has several kiosks that are interactive. You can search by school, name, position, etc. It will bring up pictures, highlight videos, and bios.

It's definitely a cool thing, but I'm not sure how much it costs. Probably worth seeing once, I'm glad I went, and you can spend anywhere from an hour to most of a day. But if it's $50 or so to get in, I might think twice. There are no busts or anything.