PDA

View Full Version : Question about attendance

TheDogFather
03-05-2015, 04:33 PM
I'm curious. How many posters on here actually attend basketball games? I've held season tix and gone to the games for more than 25 years - the past three included. For all the expert opinions that get thrown around, and for all the derogatory comments aimed at those who witness, in person, the turd pile on a weekly basis and dare to comment on what we experience, you would think there would be more people at the games.

AROB44
03-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Gave mine up when the inmates started running the asylum. About 2 or 3 years before the end of Stans' era.

smootness
03-05-2015, 05:00 PM
I appreciate you buying tickets and going to games, but the ability to comment is not limited to that group.

I would go to plenty if I could, but I've watched just about all of them.

DudyDawg
03-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Two things. One, usually about 50 people or so post on basketball threads, usually the same people w multiple postings. I think we get more than that at every game.

Two, it's 2015. Even people in Anchorage Alaska can watch every single game.

TheDogFather
03-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Two things. One, usually about 50 people or so post on basketball threads, usually the same people w multiple postings. I think we get more than that at every game.

Two, it's 2015. Even people in Anchorage Alaska can watch every single game.

It's not about watching. It's about going. There's a difference. Even in Anchorage.

DudyDawg
03-05-2015, 05:19 PM
It's not about watching. It's about going. There's a difference. Even in Anchorage.

Even if you believe that you have to be in a seat to talk about a sporting event, theoretically, every single person who posts could be at every home game and you would never know

TheDogFather
03-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Even if you believe that you have to be in a seat to talk about a sporting event, theoretically, every single person who posts could be at every home game and you would never know

You are not saying that posters exaggerate to make themselves look better are you?

dawgoneyall
03-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Season ticket holder since 87. I have gone to one game this year. Probably won't buy tickets next year.

mstatefan91
03-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Student. Been to 90%+ games since 2010

TheRef
03-05-2015, 07:56 PM

Same

War Machine Dawg
03-05-2015, 08:01 PM
I'm curious. How many posters on here actually attend basketball games? I've held season tix and gone to the games for more than 25 years - the past three included. For all the expert opinions that get thrown around, and for all the derogatory comments aimed at those who witness, in person, the turd pile on a weekly basis and dare to comment on what we experience, you would think there would be more people at the games.

http://i.imgur.com/E2j56iD.gif

I seen it dawg
03-05-2015, 09:16 PM

There are things like TV and Internet now. You can actually see quite a lot of how the game is played from TV.

shannondawg
03-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Been season ticket holder and going to games many years, but my attendance has really slowed down and have only been to two games this year and don't plan to buy tickets if things don't change.

nsvltndog
03-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Due to living ~1000 miles from campus, I fly when I come to games. I had 8 season tickets for about the last 8-10 years of the Stansbury era, most were used by friends for almost all games and I would fly in for 3-4 games per year and was just as likely to be there for a big midweek game as I was on the weekend. When we made the coaching change, 2 buddies dropped out so I lowered my order to 6. This year, 2 more dropped so I'm down to 4, which is what I need for my family.

This is the first season I haven't gone to a single game since before I became a student at MSU in the late 80's. I rarely miss a game on TV and badly want them to win, but I can no longer bring myself to spend the money to fly in for games. This was also the first season that I have ever had any SEC tickets in the Hump that I was unable to sell for face value. That's part of why I have always bought them, b/c I knew that I could find a good Bulldog to use them for games I couldn't attend. Even in Ray's first 2 seasons I never had any trouble selling my unused SEC tickets and always to Bulldog fans.

TheDogFather
03-05-2015, 10:44 PM
There are things like TV and Internet now. You can actually see quite a lot of how the game is played from TV.

You young kids are just not as intelligent as we used to be. Re-read the question please.

TheDogFather
03-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Due to living ~1000 miles from campus, I fly when I come to games. I had 8 season tickets for about the last 8-10 years of the Stansbury era, most were used by friends for almost all games and I would fly in for 3-4 games per year and was just as likely to be there for a big midweek game as I was on the weekend. When we made the coaching change, 2 buddies dropped out so I lowered my order to 6. This year, 2 more dropped so I'm down to 4, which is what I need for my family.

This is the first season I haven't gone to a single game since before I became a student at MSU in the late 80's. I rarely miss a game on TV and badly want them to win, but I can no longer bring myself to spend the money to fly in for games. This was also the first season that I have ever had any SEC tickets in the Hump that I was unable to sell for face value. That's part of why I have always bought them, b/c I knew that I could find a good Bulldog to use them for games I couldn't attend. Even in Ray's first 2 seasons I never had any trouble selling my unused SEC tickets and always to Bulldog fans.

I feel your pain. I don't know how it is to be that far away but I do have quite a drive.

thf24
03-05-2015, 10:50 PM
You young kids are just not as intelligent as we used to be. Re-read the question please.

I think everyone understands the question just fine. What you're failing to understand is that your question and subsequent point are empty and meaningless.

TheDogFather
03-05-2015, 10:53 PM
I think everyone understands the question just fine. What you're failing to understand is that your question and subsequent point are empty and meaningless.

You should participate in the thread instead of trying to hijack. There have been several good responses. Those guys obviously feel differently.

TheRef
03-05-2015, 10:57 PM
You should participate in the thread instead of trying to hijack. There have been several good responses. Those guys obviously feel differently.

I've responded....I just don't understand why you're doing this....

mcdawg
03-05-2015, 11:42 PM

Have 4 lower level tickets for many years. If I didn't go, people begged for them. For the past three years, I have been to 4 games - none this year. Haven't had 1 person ask for them all year, except some students for the KY game. Will not buy tickets next year for the men's team - will buy for the women's to support them (and will attend when I can).

JohnnyQuid
03-06-2015, 02:27 AM

And you should be. You live on campus and can attend for all but nothing. This isnt a slight, im just saying per game while class is in session student section should be all but full. The alumni is what it is, but winning makes a 2-4 hour drive each way alot easier.

I seen it dawg
03-06-2015, 06:48 AM

Lumping yourself in with old people you are disrespecting them saying you are intelligent. You bring down the intelligence quotient of the elderly quite a bit.

I seen it dawg
03-06-2015, 06:48 AM
I've responded....I just don't understand why you're doing this....

He's doing it because he's a terrible troll.

TheDogFather
03-06-2015, 10:34 AM
He's doing it because he's a terrible troll.

You are missing a great discussion.

DudyDawg
03-06-2015, 10:38 AM
You are missing a great discussion.

There's no discussion going on. You tried to slight people that comment on basketball by assuming they don't go. You didn't actually ask anything, you were just being a prick and people see right through it

TimberBeast
03-06-2015, 10:40 AM

Read some of the responses. This is probably the most meaningful thread on our basketball program that I have seen on this site.

coastdoglover
03-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Had them for years and many were not all that good but could usually get rid of them when I didn't go. quit buying them this year because couldn't even give them away and was not going to pay surcharge to watch mediocrity. Students ought to go, they basically get in free and get a free pizza now. This ought to tell you what has happened to MSU basketball

Read some of the responses. This is probably the most meaningful thread on our basketball program that I have seen on this site.

CottonDog
03-06-2015, 01:02 PM
I'be missed about 10 SEC games in 8 or 10 years

tcdog70
03-06-2015, 01:05 PM
i had tickets since 74-when if you bought them you could keep the same seats forever--That was the deal. Back then we were pititful and very few people attended. We went to every game. Well we got good and they decided to take the tickets back and give them to Corporations with Money. They ran off the loyal "Basketball" fans that lived within a 50 mile radius. Money Talks. So i attend when I can, it is more fun now to go to the Girls game-5 bucks a ticket and good seats--way better Basketball-super Coaching. Nothing like the crap that you get with the Men's team. But I have watched every game the Men have played, although sometimes it is rough to watch. I once thought that Jim Hatfield was the worst Coach ever but ole Ricky Ray now owns that title.

I was at the WHO DAT game, which was the loudest and wildest event that has ever been on Campus. I love the HUMP and the feeling you would get when you entered--now it makes me sick.