PDA

View Full Version : One thing for sure!

shannondawg
03-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Shortly after first day of Sec Tournament, we will know the future of our basketball program. At least I will.

msugolf
03-05-2015, 10:58 AM
It's definitely a big decision for stricklin. He could potentially be risking severe long term support for basketball with what he decides. Does he make a move that unifies and excites the fan base or does he push more of our fans into apathy making it more difficult to get those fans back down the road?

shannondawg
03-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Very well put my friend.

It's definitely a big decision for stricklin. He could potentially be risking severe long term support for basketball with what he decides. Does he make a move that unifies and excites the fan base or does he push more of our fans into apathy making it more difficult to get those fans back down the road?

shoeless joe
03-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Shortly after first day of Sec Tournament, we will know the future of our basketball program. At least I will.

Are you insinuating that there is any slight glimmer of hope that a change will be made?

gtowndawg
03-05-2015, 11:43 AM

We're about to see if we really care about basketball or not.

shannondawg
03-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Are you insinuating that there is any slight glimmer of hope that a change will be made?

If your asking me, I don't have a clue. I got Reponse letter #2, thanking me for writing and my imput noted, which I did appreciate him acknowledging my email. LT probably wouldn't have done that, but he didn't have email I don't think and I wouldn' have wasted my time writing him a letter.

preachermatt83
03-05-2015, 04:24 PM
if we lose the first round game I don't look for Ray to be back.. I know for a fact that Strick don't want to fire him but there are some people that pull the strings with the money are gonna make it hard on Strick to keep him.

coastdoglover
03-05-2015, 04:31 PM
if we lose the first round game I don't look for Ray to be back.. I know for a fact that Strick don't want to fire him but there are some people that pull the strings with the money are gonna make it hard on Strick to keep him.

Shannondawg is one of them and he is even in the dark. I just pray if the change is made we don't go about it in the dark. That would make it twice in a row.

BiscuitEater
03-05-2015, 04:34 PM

Decides to pull the trigger .. he needs to start the coach search NOW. Needs to get in touch with agents and start floating $$ figures.

He blew the Ray hire 'cause he didn't have a replacement lined up. I would rather have Ray return than to SCREW UP he next hire.

mic
03-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Decides to pull the trigger .. he needs to start the coach search NOW. Needs to get in touch with agents and start floating $$ figures.

He blew the Ray hire 'cause he didn't have a replacement lined up. I would rather have Ray return than to SCREW UP he next hire.

This hire should be easier and much more appealing to candidates. There is a little talent here , upperclassmen , and a possibly good recruiting class coming in.. You can come in and win next year.
Shouldn't be hard too find a handful of solid candidates..

smootness
03-05-2015, 04:46 PM
I hope that if we make a change, we aren't influenced by those with money.

preachermatt83
03-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Hopefully he has been on the phone with Larry Eustacy and Michael White already.

shannondawg
03-05-2015, 06:24 PM

I told him in my email that hope against hope that he has a short list all ready.

smootness
03-05-2015, 07:22 PM
I told him in my email that hope against hope that he has a short list all ready.

He probably hadn't thought of it until then**

Coach34
03-05-2015, 07:27 PM
aGAIN:

Our AD has zero plans to make a change. If anything happens it will be forced by the man above

mparkerfd20
03-05-2015, 07:48 PM
aGAIN:

Our AD has zero plans to make a change. If anything happens it will be forced by the man above

Exactly so make sure you CC Keen um on all email.

It's time we make our voices heard.

Political Hack
03-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Shannondawg is one of them and he is even in the dark. I just pray if the change is made we don't go about it in the dark. That would make it twice in a row.

I wasn't going to say anything but him getting a form letter back speaks volumes about the situation with our administration right now. That's garbage.

notsofarawaydawg
03-05-2015, 09:20 PM
DAMN there are a lot of Athletic Directors on this site. ***

Only way I see a change is if Ray himself resigns. Don't think you will see that happening. All you people threatening a financial boycott or whatever you want to call it need to shut the **** up and support the team. That's one problem right now with the program. You've given up before he even set foot on campus. That's total bullshit.

smootness
03-05-2015, 09:25 PM
I wasn't going to say anything but him getting a form letter back speaks volumes about the situation with our administration right now. That's garbage.

Please.

Please explain this 'situation' and why it's so detrimental to the athletic department.

Liverpooldawg
03-05-2015, 09:28 PM
DAMN there are a lot of Athletic Directors on this site. ***

Only way I see a change is if Ray himself resigns. Don't think you will see that happening. All you people threatening a financial boycott or whatever you want to call it need to shut the **** up and support the team. That's one problem right now with the program. You've given up before he even set foot on campus. That's total bullshit.
I didn't give up till this year. We have a veteran club and we stink. That's all you can really say.

99jc
03-05-2015, 09:33 PM
I think lack of attendance speaks volumes about how this fan base feels. So all u Ricky Ray supporters go 17 yourself.

smootness
03-05-2015, 09:41 PM
I think lack of attendance speaks volumes about how this fan base feels. So all u Ricky Ray supporters go 17 yourself.

Just phenomenal input. You're always positive and supportive.

RougeDawg
03-05-2015, 10:20 PM
I didn't give up till this year. We have a veteran club and we stink. That's all you can really say.

And This is surprising why? You have either not paid attention the previous 2 seasons, or have been in denial that what you have actually witnessed was in fact not reality. The warning signs have always been there. Most simple chose to overlook or ignore them.

Political Hack
03-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Please.

Please explain this 'situation' and why it's so detrimental to the athletic department.

Coastdoglover or Shannondawg can feel free to explain, but it's not my place to do so.

smootness
03-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Coastdoglover or Shannondawg can feel free to explain, but it's not my place to do so.

I didn't ask for an explanation for why certain people's feelings are hurt. I want to know how our administration is apparently just ruining things.