PDA

View Full Version : Here are the stats that tell it all for our basketball team...

mcdawg
03-05-2015, 12:10 AM
Looking at the final box score of our game tonight (I admit to not watching the game - not going to waist my time):

1) Keep seeing posts that our team plays good defense and "plays hard":
*Vandy shot 55% overall and 47% 3-pointers (don't play defense well)
*Got out rebounded by 8 (don't "play hard")

2) Our existing coaching staff just cannot evaluate/recruit/develop or coach offense:
*43 of the 56 points came from players recruited by the previous staff
*56 points and way more turnovers than assists (cannot coach offense)
*Daniel, Black, Houston, Ndoye, and Bloodman (their recruits) played 62 minutes and had 5 points/4 rebounds!

The very last statement tells it all. Ray has got to go - he cannot recruit, develop, or coach offense well enough to stay - or we are done in basketball. Talked to an ex-MSU athlete today who is a big State supporter, and he said he is not going to buy any more basketball tickets until Ray is gone.

fishwater99
03-05-2015, 12:50 AM
Houston had 4pts and 3 boards.
He is not the problem.

smootness
03-05-2015, 03:02 AM
Ready and Houston are the two biggest recruits Ray has brought in so far. Ready is developing into a very good PG, and Houston looks very promising as well.

The 2015 class has two more guys at least on this level, and the 2016 class already has at least 2 guys on that level.

mic
03-05-2015, 06:36 AM
I stopped reading at didnt watch the game...

codeDawg
03-05-2015, 08:20 AM
Ready and Houston are the two biggest recruits Ray has brought in so far. Ready is developing into a very good PG, and Houston looks very promising as well.

The 2015 class has two more guys at least on this level, and the 2016 class already has at least 2 guys on that level.

That year 5 NIT run in 2017 is going to be AWESOME!**

TheDogFather
03-05-2015, 08:27 AM
Ready is developing into a very good PG, and Houston looks very promising as well.

Based off of what? That they are the best at their position on our team?

Dawgface
03-05-2015, 08:28 AM
That year 5 NIT run in 2017 is going to be AWESOME!**

Beer and old movies in the meantime. :)

msstate7
03-05-2015, 08:29 AM
Based off of what? That they are the best at their position on our team?

Do you watch the games? Houston is an absolute freak athletically. If you can't see the potential there, you've blinded yourself with hate

CottonDog
03-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Ready is average at best. Houston will make improvements in the off season if he works

msugolf
03-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Do you watch the games? Houston is an absolute freak athletically. If you can't see the potential there, you've blinded yourself with hate

"People always say he can run and he can jump. So can a deer and you wouldn't put a deer in the game." - Charles Barkley

msstate7
03-05-2015, 09:01 AM
"People always say he can run and he can jump. So can a deer and you wouldn't put a deer in the game." - Charles Barkley

So I suppose you think we should cut houston?

TheDogFather
03-05-2015, 10:12 AM

I watch the games in person, how about you? Season ticket holder for more than 25 years, and I go to all the games I can, including the pathetic last three years. So get off you high horse and quit making stupid comments based off the fact that I'm not happy with the shit show Ray has displayed for three years.

And you didn't answer the question. What are you basing your opinion on? It's a simple question.

msstate7
03-05-2015, 10:56 AM
I watch the games in person, how about you? Season ticket holder for more than 25 years, and I go to all the games I can, including the pathetic last three years. So get off you high horse and quit making stupid comments based off the fact that I'm not happy with the shit show Ray has displayed for three years.

And you didn't answer the question. What are you basing your opinion on? It's a simple question.

His ability to drive to the basket and play above the rim. What do you base Houston sucking on?

Dawg61
03-05-2015, 11:15 AM
In the last two games Houston has driven from the 3point line all the way to the basket four times before the defense can even react to attempt to get in his way. He has elite athleticism. He has nothing to do with why we suck.

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2015, 11:33 AM
I gave Ray a pass until this year. I don't care how bad the program was when he got here. Basketball is the quickest turnaround of any sport. Other than Houston being a great athlete, our team sucks at basketball. Sword and Ware have their moments but most of our team isn't very good.

What kills me is our offense looks just like "Stands" offense that most people hated. Our inbound plays look worse and we have a pretty veteran team. I think we "should" be better next year but not good enough to even be middle of the pack.

TheDogFather
03-05-2015, 11:58 AM
His ability to drive to the basket and play above the rim. What do you base Houston sucking on?

Check up. I didn't say Houston sucked.

smootness
03-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Ready is average at best. Houston will make improvements in the off season if he works

I would agree that Ready is already at least an average SEC PG. He should develop into an above-average one over the next couple of years.

tcdog70
03-05-2015, 12:10 PM
I would agree that Ready is already at least an average SEC PG. He should develop into an above-average one over the next couple of years.

what team in the SEC would Ready start for? What starting PG in the SEC is ready better than. Taking into consideration-offense-defense-and ability to handle the ball.

TheDogFather
03-05-2015, 01:57 PM

You confront people head on and aggressively, but yet don't answer legitimate questions. Since you brought it up in an accusatory manner, I'm still waiting on your answer to how many games you watch in person.

msugolf
03-05-2015, 02:07 PM
No I actually like Houston. HI'm and sword are the best 2 to watch IMO. I was just making a point that being a great athlete has very little to do with being a good basketball player. Houston still needs to be developed and this staff won't be able to do that, which is a travesty for Houston.

mcdawg
03-05-2015, 11:35 PM
I stopped reading at didnt watch the game...

If you have nothing better to do than watch this crap, then I feel very sorry for you.