PDA

View Full Version : This game was lost after the 4 minute time out.

whosyourdawgy
03-04-2015, 11:36 PM
The score is 58-54. Ray obviously set plays to get Gavin looks in the post to score. Out of the time out Sword makes a perfect pass to Ware, he takes it up weak and gets it blocked. 60-54. Next possession, again a good pass to Ware. Again he CANT FINISH. Yes, he may have been fouled but instead of taking it up strong he doesn't. 61-54. After miss on 2nd free throw we hustle down to try to get a transition shot. Ware gets wide open look from just outside free throw line and misses. 63-54 and we are done.

Yes it's true Bloodman kills us when he spells Ready. Yes it's true Roquez is gonna have 3-7 bonehead turnovers a game. Yes it's true Ndoye gives us nothing when spelling Ware. But we were still in the game at the 4 minute time out. Ray makes the decision to go to Ware and he doesn't come thru. Let's just hope next year he learns how to finish better around the rim. I'm just ready for this season to be done. Tired of watchin turnovers (which we will lose 7-10 a game w Bloodman and Johnson gone). Tired of watching Ware not score down in the block or making the basket when he's fouled. Tired of watching opposing players have career games against us. Just tired of watching us lose but I watch every one.

Please. Please let us improve next season and have a winning record. Make men's basketball relevant again. Please.

Coach34
03-04-2015, 11:39 PM
very good description- good post

smootness
03-04-2015, 11:43 PM
There's no doubt that going to Ware at the end backfired and killed us. I said it in the game thread.

IMO, especially in games in which he's clearly on like tonight, it should be Sword that we run things through at the end. Our offense is at its best when he is attacking the rim. Period.

99jc
03-05-2015, 06:46 AM
I feel sad for anyone who believes Ricky Rays shit squad will be any better next year. You have accepted mediocrity, you want to believe but this same time next year you will realize we lost another year and its Striklins fault. That SOB needs his walking papers also. As the saying goes you can't make chicken salad outta Chicken Shit.

tcdog70
03-05-2015, 12:25 PM
we have a power forward playing against a 7 footer. Ware really isn't a 5. the smart play if you are going to Ware is let him shoot a mid-range jumper and pull the 7 footer away from the basket.