msstate7
03-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Should strengthen their hold on #1 rpi spot*

Harrydawg
03-04-2015, 10:01 PM
Well obviously USM is loaded and headed for a great season**

Todd4State
03-04-2015, 10:15 PM
That was USM's World Series. Definitely a trap game for Ole Miss- I thought Ole Miss would win but at the same time I'm not shocked that they lost. If I'm not mistaken, this drops them to 6-5.

RougeDawg
03-04-2015, 10:59 PM
That was USM's World Series. Definitely a trap game for Ole Miss- I thought Ole Miss would win but at the same time I'm not shocked that they lost. If I'm not mistaken, this drops them to 6-5.

When is everyone going to acknowledge the Bearsharts lost their hitting coach, and main reason for their offensive output last season? The same coach who left A&M and the Aggies saw an offensive drop off after he left for the Bears. No trap game. Their offense will not be what it was last year.

messageboardsuperhero
03-04-2015, 11:28 PM
When is everyone going to acknowledge the Bearsharts lost their hitting coach, and main reason for their offensive output last season? The same coach who left A&M and the Aggies saw an offensive drop off after he left for the Bears. No trap game. Their offense will not be what it was last year.

Everyone I've talked to about UM baseball (both UM fans and fans of other schools) acknowledges that Godwin was a huge loss...

Who is denying or downplaying that?

MaxedOutMaroon
03-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Although our season has been far better so far, I still hesitate to talk smack when we lost to Arkansas Pine-Bluff last night.

msstate7
03-05-2015, 12:34 AM
Although our season has been far better so far, I still hesitate to talk smack when we lost to Arkansas Pine-Bluff last night.

They've played a much tougher schedule. I'm ready to see how we respond this weekend vs a good team

Todd4State
03-05-2015, 12:42 AM
They've played a much tougher schedule. I'm ready to see how we respond this weekend vs a good team

Arizona was/is pretty good. Not sure why people are overlooking those two wins- perhaps the fact that they had a bad year last year when their coach was out for most of the year with heart issues?

The biggest weakness I see with our team right now is much like last year when they do something good, they have a tendency to stick their heads up their ass and get away from what worked to get them to that point in the first place. If there is anything "good" that came out of this it's hopefully got that out of their system as opposed to the midpoint of the SEC season like last year.

Also, McCord is likely going to start one more game next week and then won't pitch for most of the year until SEC Tournament time. The other four starters I feel good about how they match up with most anyone at this point- especially Tatum.

And as far as Ole Miss and their tougher schedule- I'm not sold on William & Mary, Wright State, and Stetson being good right now. All three of those teams are hovering around the .500 mark early in the season.

messageboardsuperhero
03-05-2015, 12:53 AM
Arizona was a very solid test for us. They are a very good offensive team, and I expect them to make the tourney this year- or at the very least be on the bubble.

messageboardsuperhero
03-05-2015, 01:00 AM
Arizona was/is pretty good. Not sure why people are overlooking those two wins- perhaps the fact that they had a bad year last year when their coach was out for most of the year with heart issues?

The biggest weakness I see with our team right now is much like last year when they do something good, they have a tendency to stick their heads up their ass and get away from what worked to get them to that point in the first place. If there is anything "good" that came out of this it's hopefully got that out of their system as opposed to the midpoint of the SEC season like last year.

Also, McCord is likely going to start one more game next week and then won't pitch for most of the year until SEC Tournament time. The other four starters I feel good about how they match up with most anyone at this point- especially Tatum.

And as far as Ole Miss and their tougher schedule- I'm not sold on William & Mary, Wright State, and Stetson being good right now. All three of those teams are hovering around the .500 mark early in the season.

W&M got beat twice by Campbell today, so I'm not sure if they'll be as good as they have been the past couple of years. Stetson probably won't be very good, so UM can't afford to drop one of those game, IMO. Wright State will probably be a solid mid-major- not great but not bad either.

UCF is a very good team, and UM losing that series on the road probably won't hurt them much, if any at all.

It's still way too early to tell any of this though.