PDA

View Full Version : Stansbury to Bama?

Dawg61
03-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Rumblings in Tuscaloosa for Stansbury. His name is getting thrown around as Grant's replacement. C34 gonna love this!

Rayburn8
03-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Can we just lock this now before everyone starts yelling?

msstate7
03-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Stansbury to bama would really hurt our in state recruiting

Dawg61
03-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Stansbury got Mario Austin from Bama. They think he's better than he actually is.

Dawgface
03-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Ha ha. That would be wild. Can't see it happening though.

msugolf
03-04-2015, 11:42 AM
They're targeting Bama grad Steve Prohm.

Goat from MSU
03-04-2015, 12:11 PM
The one we should have gotten. Our former coach will not go to Bama ,C34 will get on Bama boards with 25 different users names and tell everyone over there how bad our former coach sux.
They're targeting Bama grad Steve Prohm.

Bama is not hiring Stands- although I wish they would

msstate7
03-04-2015, 12:16 PM
After auburn hired pearl last year, I see bama going after a big name with big money. Can't let auburn show them up

AROB44
03-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Well....we can then hire Gottfried away from NC State and renew the former rivalry....just reversed !!! I'm all for it !!

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Prohm would probably be their first option but if he turned it down (He turned down MSU) then I could see Stansbury's name floating around. Who knows though.

Goat from MSU
03-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Rick: We have to use former coach not his given name .We do not want to make C34 unhappy. By the way where is Hoopsdawg , he has not been posting.
Prohm would probably be their first option but if he turned it down (He turned down MSU) then I could see Stansbury's name floating around. Who knows though.

coastdoglover
03-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Rumblings in Tuscaloosa for Stansbury. His name is getting thrown around as Grant's replacement. C34 gonna love this!

He was interviewed twice for the Auburn job but tigers chose Pearl instead. Bama could do worse no matter what coach34 thinks.

Coach34
03-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Bama is not hiring Stands- although I wish they would.

coastdoglover
03-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Glad you posted that since you were so accurate on the MSU hire when we hired Ray.

Coach34
03-04-2015, 01:10 PM
How about the Auburn search when I told you they weren't hiring him? He wasn't even mentioned for the job in the mainstream press

mic
03-04-2015, 01:26 PM

with what we were offering who could blame him...

Intramural All-American
03-04-2015, 01:41 PM
How about the Auburn search when I told you they weren't hiring him? He wasn't even mentioned for the job in the mainstream press

You are wrong on this. Stansbury was there guy until they tried Pearl one last time. Pearl had said no twice, but agreed the final time they talked to him. If Pearl had said no, stansbury would have been their coach.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Auburn obviously got their top candidate in Pearl. If he had turned them down then who knows who Auburn would have interviewed/hired.

BiscuitEater
03-04-2015, 02:16 PM
By the way where is Hoopsdawg , he has not been posting.

'Time Out' by Coach 34 for posting 'what he thought 'bout the current state of our BasketBall program' and mentioned a former Coach.

He has been doing some posting over at SPS. Think Hoopsdawg mentioned that he was banned for 30 days but C34 or a mod can 'confirm or deny.'

Coach34
03-04-2015, 02:24 PM
No- Hoops got a time-out for talking shit about me- not the basketball program

Coach34
03-04-2015, 02:26 PM
You are wrong on this. Stansbury was there guy until they tried Pearl one last time. Pearl had said no twice, but agreed the final time they talked to him. If Pearl had said no, stansbury would have been their coach.

Actually no I'm not

Stands interviewed and Joe Dean was there also pushing it- but he wasn't in their top choices. 3 maybe even four guys would have had to turn it down before Stands. This came from a buddy of Jacobs

Goat from MSU
03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Hoops is a good poster ,if he was ban then I am shock .If he was banned for telling everyone that Ray sucks to high heavens, some of us will get it too.
'Time Out' by Coach 34 for posting 'what he thought 'bout the current state of our BasketBall program' and mentioned a former Coach.

He has been doing some posting over at SPS. Think Hoopsdawg mentioned that he was banned for 30 days but C34 or a mod can 'confirm or deny.'

NCDawg
03-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Well....we can then hire Gottfried away from NC State and renew the former rivalry....just reversed !!! I'm all for it !!

Think Gottfried is pretty happy at NC State and doubt if he would come. I saw him at a golf course not too long ago and he said he and Stansbury are now pretty good friends.

Coach34
Hoops is a good poster ,if he was ban then I am shock .If he was banned for telling everyone that Ray sucks to high heavens, some of us will get it too.

Exactly. We have a lot of people that don't like what's going on with the basketball program- not just him.

Goat from MSU
I thought you had thick skin.
No- Hoops got a time-out for talking shit about me- not the basketball program

Goat from MSU
03-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Well I leave it at that then.
Exactly. We have a lot of people that don't like what's going on with the basketball program- not just him.

Johnson85
03-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Bama could do worse no matter what coach34 thinks.

I'm not sure how much better Bama could do. Bama is not going to have a premier basketball team just like UK is not going to have a premier football team. I think Stansbury would establish a pretty high floor for Bama's program. Give him enough money to get some good assistants, and let him start with a locker room that is not poisoned by some bad risks he took, and I think he'd very quickly have them in the NCAA tourney. He might not ever put together a team as good as his most talented at State, but he can easily put together lesser teams that make the tourney and have the same result that his best teams at State had. Stansbury seems like an extremely safe bet for Bama right now. Yes, you're pretty much giving up the dream of the home run hire, but how many SEC schools would just be happy to see decent basketball for a 5 or 6 years at this point?

Dawgface
03-04-2015, 03:23 PM
I doubt Bama wants a perceived MSU reject.

quickstrike2
03-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Bama won't hire Stans, but it has nothing to do with any MSU insider knowledge or agenda. They will get a hot name, they did last time it just hasn't worked out.

I seen it dawg
03-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Who cares

shannondawg
03-04-2015, 04:30 PM
With Billy Kennedys health on the improve, I read on the Aggie board, that doctors told him he was good to coach for another 20 years. , I have no doubt that Stansbury would entertain the idea of another coaching position.

MadDawg
03-04-2015, 04:58 PM
I know it pisses some people off, but every year that goes by with Ray having this program still in a major funk makes Stansbury look better and better.

Liverpooldawg
03-04-2015, 05:02 PM

THIS is what I was told. Stans had the job till Pearl changed his mind at the last minute.

Dawg61
03-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Well I leave it at that then.

Did you miss where C34 said he banned him for talking shit about C34 not about the basketball team? C34 doesn't give a **** what you say about the team.

Intramural All-American
03-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Actually no I'm not

Stands interviewed and Joe Dean was there also pushing it- but he wasn't in their top choices. 3 maybe even four guys would have had to turn it down before Stands. This came from a buddy of Jacobs

Believe what you wish.

Dawgface
03-04-2015, 06:07 PM
I know it pisses some people off, but every year that goes by with Ray having this program still in a major funk makes Stansbury look better and better.

Plus people tend to forget about the negatives as time goes by.

Goat from MSU
03-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Dawg :I did see that ,but did he say about 34 to get banned
Did you miss where C34 said he banned him for talking shit about C34 not about the basketball team? C34 doesn't give a **** what you say about the team.

Coach34
03-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Believe what you wish.

ok- I'm just telling what the guy making the hire told a Dawg living in Alabama face to face

Dawg61
03-04-2015, 07:04 PM

It was a game thread. He got warned and kept on going. He was asking for it. Then he immediately starts posting on SPS that he got banned. He went full retard.

Coach34
03-04-2015, 07:05 PM

You'll have to find that yourself- I told you why he was banned. We have tons of people- like yourself- bashing the program- why would I ban him and not you? Dawg61? TCDog? Maddawg? Others?

Coach34
03-04-2015, 07:09 PM
With Billy Kennedys health on the improve, I read on the Aggie board, that doctors told him he was good to coach for another 20 years. , I have no doubt that Stansbury would entertain the idea of another coaching position.

Stands is begging for a decent head job. He just wont get it

Goat from MSU
03-04-2015, 08:42 PM
So that is fine ,being in the top 4 with tons behind us.You not crazy about Ray are you? I going to watch the game ,I do not bash the players,their life is hard enough as it is. Later
You'll have to find that yourself- I told you why he was banned. We have tons of people- like yourself- bashing the program- why would I ban him and not you? Dawg61? TCDog? Maddawg? Others?

tcdog70
03-05-2015, 12:00 AM
So that is fine ,being in the top 4 with tons behind us.You not crazy about Ray are you? I going to watch the game ,I do not bash the players,their life is hard enough as it is. Later

If you banned us your threads would be pretty boring, full of Travis Daniel love and endless posting of how good we would be without those unfair injuries. We could hear again how embarrassed you were when the "fight" occurred . How Ray could succeed if only the fans would fill up the Hump. Endless post on Ray's expertise with offensive Xs&Os. We could read how no Coaches but Ray would take our job, and we were so lucky to have Him. And I could go on and on.

Excuse me Goat this was meant for his Highness -- Coach 34

MadDawg
03-05-2015, 09:51 AM

Sorry Charlie. I don't bash the program. Just because I don't attempt to spit-shine this turd like you do, doesn't make me a basher.

MadDawg
03-05-2015, 09:53 AM
Stands is begging for a decent head job. He just wont get it

You guys have to give 34 credit here. If there is anyone on this board that understands being an unwanted and unemployed coach, it's C34.

Coach34
03-05-2015, 09:58 AM
You guys have to give 34 credit here. If there is anyone on this board that understands being an unwanted and unemployed coach, it's C34.

awwwww Maddawg- u trying to get personal today?

MadDawg
03-05-2015, 10:15 AM

thought I was giving you props....

tcdog70
03-05-2015, 11:25 AM
thought I was giving you props....

I thought calling someone an idiot or stupid was getting personal--calling you an unemployed Coach is what it is (if that is truth). Name calling needs to work both ways.

Liverpooldawg
03-05-2015, 12:03 PM

Kind of like you did in the LSU thread? LOL.

Coach34
03-05-2015, 12:08 PM
I thought calling someone an idiot or stupid was getting personal--calling you an unemployed Coach is what it is (if that is truth). Name calling needs to work both ways.

Well no- it's not true. And who did I call a name?

Coach34
03-05-2015, 12:08 PM
Kind of like you did in the LSU thread? LOL.

With you?