PDA

View Full Version : MBB at Vandy - How bad will it be?

TXDawg
03-04-2015, 10:12 AM
I know Vandy's not that good, but MSU never plays well in Nashville and this team never plays well on the road.

I'm saying we lose by by 10+

chef dixon
03-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Vandy is shooting lights out lately. We lose by at least 15.

HailState39110
03-04-2015, 10:17 AM
The line is +11. I say we cover and lose by 8

msstate7
03-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Vandy is shooting lights out lately. We lose by at least 15.

In the 2nd half of the last 2 games, vandy has shot at an nba level. In the first halves, they've been less than spectacular. We have to have the 1st half vandy for the whole game to have a chance

codeDawg
03-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Who the heck ever knows with college basketball, but this is not a great matchup for us. In the first meeting our press D put them off their outside shooting game in the second half which opened things up for us in transition. That's the only way to keep it close again.

If we do what we have done, and they do what they have done, we'll get run out of the gym with their outside shooting and interior defense. Being on the road isn't helpful either. Hopefully Ray has a good game plan.

klong-dog
03-04-2015, 11:08 AM
They're hot 81
We're not 58

Plus they'll be revenge factor from our first game.

BeardoMSU
03-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Getting scull-drug by a shitttttty Vandy...

So is this what Ass-to-Mouth tastes like?

tcdog70
03-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Ready's man will score 25 at least.

Dawg61
03-04-2015, 11:22 AM
Vandy is playing like a top 5 SEC team right now. Baldwin, LaChance and Jones are all legit. Vandy shot 87% in the 2nd half vs UT. They made 13 fgs in a row at one point. Vandy 80 State 56

HancockCountyDog
03-04-2015, 12:28 PM
I'll take "Not going to watch one minute for $800, Alex".

It's baseball season.

thf24
03-04-2015, 12:32 PM
We've seemed to pull out multiple wins this year when we've reached a valley as far as expectations go and the odds are heavily against us. That said, I don't expect it tonight.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-04-2015, 01:50 PM
I say we lose but show just enough for the Ray fans to say, "he deserves another year".

msstate7
03-04-2015, 01:55 PM
I say we lose but show just enough for the Ray fans to say, "he deserves another year".

Do you honestly think that the very few of us here that want ray to get 1 more year are why ray will be back?

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Do you honestly think that the very few of us here that want ray to get 1 more year are why ray will be back?

No but I just don't understand why y'all think he should get another year. Granted he might win the next two and then win an SEC tourney game. But up to this point, I don't understand why y'all want him back.

msstate7
03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
No but I just don't understand why y'all think he should get another year. Granted he might win the next two and then win an SEC tourney game. But up to this point, I don't understand why y'all want him back.

I really don't care either way at this point. I just feel he will be back so I'm not gonna rip him anymore than he's getting now

Goat from MSU
03-04-2015, 02:40 PM
What ! No one ripping Ray here .you must be misreading stuff on here.
I really don't care either way at this point. I just feel he will be back so I'm not gonna rip him anymore than he's getting now

msstate7
03-04-2015, 02:45 PM
What ! No one ripping Ray here .you must be misreading stuff on here.

http://s27.postimg.org/p764ubber/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

quickstrike2
03-04-2015, 03:28 PM
I'll be interested to see what the company line is if we lose tonight. I want a win, and these team usually pulls out a win when they have had a terrible showing previously.

codeDawg
03-04-2015, 04:29 PM
I'll be interested to see what the company line is if we lose tonight. I want a win, and these team usually pulls out a win when they have had a terrible showing previously.

I'm just so sick of it and ready for it to go one way or another. Lose out and give SS an excuse to take action, or turn this ship around and get on a streak into the SEC tourney. Unfortunately, sustained purgatory is the most likely scenario.

No need to wait for the company line. It's: "The admin says this is year two and he's getting another year so you and your opinion are irrelevant."

quickstrike2
03-04-2015, 04:57 PM
I'm just so sick of it and ready for it to go one way or another. Lose out and give SS an excuse to take action, or turn this ship around and get on a streak into the SEC tourney. Unfortunately, sustained purgatory is the most likely scenario.

No need to wait for the company line. It's: "The admin says this is year two and he's getting another year so you and your opinion are irrelevant."

Starting to sound like two more years. I think Ray needs another year, and not because I think he has earned it in anyway, I think firing him would send the wrong message to the next coach. I want Ray to succeed because I want Miss. State basketball to succeed. I am beyond skeptical that he actually will. I think the "purgatory" statement being floated around is pretty accurate.

bluelightstar
03-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Starting to sound like two more years. I think Ray needs another year, and not because I think he has earned it in anyway, I think firing him would send the wrong message to the next coach. I want Ray to succeed because I want Miss. State basketball to succeed. I am beyond skeptical that he actually will. I think the "purgatory" statement being floated around is pretty accurate.

Being stuck in the 8-8/9-7 SEC, 20-23 win seasons with Stansbury was purgatory. We're in hell.

I hope Ray can fix it, but it's likely aGAIN that we're just delaying the inevitable.

MabenMaroon
03-04-2015, 05:34 PM
I know Vandy's not that good, but MSU never plays well in Nashville and this team never plays well on the road.

I'm saying we lose by by 10+

Not bad, we will lose by either 12 to 15 more or less buzzer to buzzer, or we will play them tight for 35 minutes then lose it at the end. You know, the normal m.o.

Dawg61
03-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Not bad, we will lose by either 12 to 15 more or less buzzer to buzzer, or we will play them tight for 35 minutes then lose it at the end. You know, the normal m.o.

Croomball. Keep it close to lose close.

TStationDawg
03-04-2015, 07:06 PM
It won't be bad unless we clap at their players. Then Stalling will f'n kill us!

Schultzy
03-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Take the points, degenerates.