PDA

View Full Version : Watched a little Big 12 basketball the last two nights

Irondawg
03-04-2015, 12:00 AM
Caught some of of OK-ISU and KU-WV.

Let's just say we have a long way to go, regardless of who is the coach.

Dawg61
03-04-2015, 12:19 AM
It's not just Big 12. The SEC is way behind the ACC and B1G too. We play athlete ball. They play basketball.

msugolf
03-04-2015, 07:40 AM
Unfortunately we will be stuck with a lame duck coach for maybe 2 more years until anything is done about our program. We are so far removed from having a quality basketball team.

But somehow Zuppardo and the magical recruits of 2015 are going to change our fortunes.**

msstate7
03-04-2015, 07:53 AM
Top 2 schools in each conference played... Kentucky beat Kansas by 32

We actually had a big12-sec challenge this year. Big 12 won 6-4. The sec had mizzou and auburn (worst 2 teams) in matchups

msstate7
03-04-2015, 07:58 AM
Unfortunately we will be stuck with a lame duck coach for maybe 2 more years until anything is done about our program. We are so far removed from having a quality basketball team.

But somehow Zuppardo and the magical recruits of 2015 are going to change our fortunes.**

Taking shots at ray and our current players isn't enough now. You've gotta take shots at our players that haven't even played yet. I hope they disappoint you by turning this thing around.

msugolf
03-04-2015, 08:05 AM
I'm not taking shots at them. I'm taking shots at all the people that are placing ridiculously lofty expectations on a couple of players that aren't going to turn this thing around. They're quality players no doubt (though Strugg is a project at best) but they aren't going to be what transforms this current roster into a winning team.

msstate7
03-04-2015, 08:22 AM
I'm not taking shots at them. I'm taking shots at all the people that are placing ridiculously lofty expectations on a couple of players that aren't going to turn this thing around. They're quality players no doubt (though Strugg is a project at best) but they aren't going to be what transforms this current roster into a winning team.

Will they transfer us into being a great team? Probably not. They do fill some needs though...

Tookie upgrades bloodman

Weatherspoon will be the highest rated player on our roster.

Zuppardo can shoot 3s. We desparately need him to shoot well for us.

Strugg is very doubtful to help much next season, but he brings shot blocking. We have no shot blockers at the moment

Goat from MSU
03-04-2015, 08:26 AM
We are right with Auburn and Mo.,don't kid yourself .By the way we lost to TCU in that Texas Tour. ,so make that 7-4.

We actually had a big12-sec challenge this year. Big 12 won 6-4. The sec had mizzou and auburn (worst 2 teams) in matchups

msstate7
03-04-2015, 08:28 AM
We are right with Auburn and Mo.,don't kid yourself .By the way we lost to TCU in that Texas Tour. ,so make that 7-4.

Kentucky over Texas ... 7-5.

It was 10 games. Wasn't saying we were top 10. Wasn't even complaining about auburn and mizzou playing. Just saying

Dawg61
03-04-2015, 08:39 AM

Only tournament that matters is the one at the end of the year and besides UK I don't see the SEC lasting very far.

msstate7
03-04-2015, 08:47 AM
Only tournament that matters is the one at the end of the year and besides UK I don't see the SEC lasting very far.

Kentucky will win it of course.

I can see ark making a S16 run if portis is on his game.

aTm will go as far as house can carry them. I don't see them getting far.

Lsu is very dangerous bc of their bigs. Do they have the guard play though?

Georgia will most likely bow out in first or 2nd round.

OM (pains me) could be really dangerous. If summers somehow finds his game again, him and moody could make a run at the S16 imo. Guard play is crucial in the tourney and they have potential there.

I'll say ark and kentucky only teams in S16 though

codeDawg
03-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Taking shots at ray and our current players isn't enough now. You've gotta take shots at our players that haven't even played yet. I hope they disappoint you by turning this thing around.

You just take the Hugh Freeze route of insulting our players by saying we have to and are going to recruit better. Do you think the reason we play awful offense is because we have awful players?

mic
03-04-2015, 10:57 AM
LSU beat West Virginia in Morgantown
South Carolina beat Okla St. and Iowa St. and lost to Baylor by 4

SEC will probably get 6 teams in the dance for the first time in a while probably about 6 or 7 years..

codeDawg
03-04-2015, 11:10 AM
LSU beat West Virginia in Morgantown
South Carolina beat Okla St. and Iowa St. and lost to Baylor by 4

SEC will probably get 6 teams in the dance for the first time in a while probably about 6 or 7 years..

LSU is in. I can't imagine SC gets in. Do you know of anyone projecting them in?

mic
03-04-2015, 02:20 PM
LSU is in. I can't imagine SC gets in. Do you know of anyone projecting them in?

No USCe isn't in.. Was just saying that one of the bottom teams is the SEC beat the second best team in the Big 12 and a tourney team in Okla St team..

Irondawg
03-04-2015, 02:28 PM
I know we won some games against the other conferences, but just watching those two games reminded me how fun college basketball can be to watch at times. Watching SEC games lately has not been very entertaining basketball.

Maybe its just too much MSU viewing.

Goat from MSU
03-04-2015, 02:36 PM
We have a awful offense because of awful coaching simple.
You just take the Hugh Freeze route of insulting our players by saying we have to and are going to recruit better. Do you think the reason we play awful offense is because we have awful players?

msstate7
03-04-2015, 02:42 PM

I think ray can certainly coach offense better than he has. I also think we struggle shooting, passing, and dribbling. I know some of those things can be refined by coaching, but there's just so much that can be fixed by coaching.

Ray's lack of recruiting is just as much to blame for results as coaching imo. If recruiting wasn't getting better, I would be ready to pull the plug too. If Ray tanks next season, I'll want him gone too

dawgs
03-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Kentucky can go undefeated and win every tourney game by 35 points, and the entire roster can eventually be NBA all-stars, and it doesn't mean the CONFERENCE is good, it means kentucky is good.

Dawg61
03-04-2015, 05:11 PM
I know we won some games against the other conferences, but just watching those two games reminded me how fun college basketball can be to watch at times. Watching SEC games lately has not been very entertaining basketball.

Maybe its just too much MSU viewing.

It's just a cultural difference. Go up north or to Big 12 country and they couldn't give two shits about baseball yet we have a 10 page thread for a Tuesday game vs APB. Big 12, ACC and B1G take basketball more serious than the SEC. It's a religion for them like football is for the South. Another reason why we should recruit outside the South more.

mic
03-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Kentucky can go undefeated and win every tourney game by 35 points, and the entire roster can eventually be NBA all-stars, and it doesn't mean the CONFERENCE is good, it means kentucky is good.

Wrong.... Take away UK and it's the best the conference has been in years..

dawgs
03-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Wrong.... Take away UK and it's the best the conference has been in years..

The conference can be better than its been in a few years and still not be good.

msstate7
03-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Bump

engie
03-19-2015, 04:54 PM
Bump

Bravo

Coach34
03-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Very nice

Dallas_Dawg
03-19-2015, 05:42 PM
The big 12 sucking still doesn't mean that WE are any good. I'm sitting here watching and thinking about how cool it used to be to have something to look forward to, postseason basketball.
The weak ass shit we put out there is a long way from who is playing today. Next year will be the same story. Time to spend some money and make a change.

chef dixon
03-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Just like SEC football

mic
03-19-2015, 05:49 PM
The big 12 sucking still doesn't mean that WE are any good. I'm sitting here watching and thinking about how cool it used to be to have something to look forward to, postseason basketball.
The weak ass shit we put out there is a long way from who is playing today. Next year will be the same story. Time to spend some money and make a change.

The thing is we didn't make the Dance much at all.
I get it I .. I love March madness and all the games , but our fans act like we were players year in and year out in the Dance and we weren't..

Dallas_Dawg
03-19-2015, 06:11 PM
The thing is we didn't make the Dance much at all.
I get it I .. I love March madness and all the games , but our fans act like we were players year in and year out in the Dance and we weren't..

At least in the NIT. It was cool having a couple extra home games, back when the Hump wasn't similar to the Sad Pad

Dallas_Dawg
03-19-2015, 06:12 PM
Ray is just like Croom, saying he doesn't have talent. He certainly isn't overachieving with the talent he has.

Irondawg
03-19-2015, 07:21 PM
I still stand by the original post. I watched a few games during the season and although today hasn't been good those games were way more fun to watch than almost any sec game I watched during the season.

mic
03-19-2015, 08:03 PM
At least in the NIT. It was cool having a couple extra home games, back when the Hump wasn't similar to the Sad Pad

A lot of our fans wouldn't show up if we were winning 18-19 games a year with the current head coach..

mic
03-19-2015, 08:06 PM
I still stand by the original post. I watched a few games during the season and although today hasn't been good those games were way more fun to watch than almost any sec game I watched during the season.

There has never been a time that I can remember when Big 12 or ACC or Big 10 basketball wasn't more fun to watch than SEC ball.. One of the Main reason.. Full venues... Fans , alumni , and students show up no matter how good or bad their teams are...

Coach34
03-19-2015, 09:06 PM
It's more fun to watch because it's still a little bit basketball and not just athletes setting ball screens like the SEC has turned into. Been that way awhile

msstate7
03-19-2015, 09:08 PM
Lsu is entertaining to watch so far. These announcers are going crazy over Martin