PDA

View Full Version : Travesty!!

preachermatt83
03-03-2015, 05:22 PM
To me Jesse McCord starting a midweek game rather than Dakota Hudson just makes no sense.

mparkerfd20
03-03-2015, 05:23 PM
It absolutely is. McCord has shown NOTHING this year. NOTHING. He's not ready at all.

preachermatt83
03-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Amen!!

Homedawg
03-03-2015, 05:27 PM
It absolutely is. McCord has shown NOTHING this year. NOTHING. He's not ready at all.

Relax man- he's pitched twice at this point. He's going to be a good one. If one was basing it off of what someone did in a fr year then the one yall are begging for, in Hudson would never pitch. Both have good futures. Hopefully, Hudson's new arm slot has helped him find the zone for good.

smootness
03-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Calm down, guys. Everything's going to be alright.

preachermatt83
03-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Relax man- he's pitched twice at this point. He's going to be a good one. If one was basing it off of what someone did in a fr year then the one yall are begging for, in Hudson would never pitch. Both have good futures. Hopefully, Hudson's new arm slot has helped him find the zone for good.

Nobody said he would never be good... Just simply that he is not ready yet.

Homedawg
03-03-2015, 05:36 PM

Maybe he isn't- however what are you basing hudson's readiness on? 3 innings? Only way to be ready is to pitch. That's what these games are for getting guys ready for a long sec year. We love McCord and he needs his chances. If he continues to fail his opportunities will decrease, that's the way it works

I seen it dawg
03-03-2015, 05:52 PM

He's never gonna be ready if we don't keep running him out there. Think he is magically just gonna throw no hitters his first outings out? He's a damn freshman. With tons of talent. Everybody needs o understand its a process with these guys. Damn. He got a quick hook today and he didn't do well. Learning experience.

preachermatt83
03-03-2015, 10:54 PM
He's never gonna be ready if we don't keep running him out there. Think he is magically just gonna throw no hitters his first outings out? He's a damn freshman. With tons of talent. Everybody needs o understand its a process with these guys. Damn. He got a quick hook today and he didn't do well. Learning experience.

and we lost...to the school of pine combs.... was it worth it?

I seen it dawg
03-03-2015, 11:35 PM
Every outing he pitches and learns something is worth it. If he is standing on the bump in the title game in OMAHA in 2 yrs will you say it's worth it? Will you go back and say the development he made his Freshman yr helped put him there? My point is they all have to take lumps and fail to get better. Only way to do it. He didn't lose the game tonite.

Coach34
03-04-2015, 08:24 AM
We lost because we only scored 2 runs on Ark-Pine Bluff

We lost because Humphreys is batting .244 against a weak schedule
We lost because we keep putting Reynolds in the line-up
We lost because Rooker doesnt get enough AB's

maroonmania
03-04-2015, 10:34 AM
We lost because we only scored 2 runs on Ark-Pine Bluff

We lost because Humphreys is batting .244 against a weak schedule
We lost because we keep putting Reynolds in the line-up
We lost because Rooker doesnt get enough AB's

Agree with this, no way we should have lost to Ark-PB scoring 2 runs, but hey, we also beat another SWAC school this year only scoring 2 runs. The APB pitchers last night were pretty sharp. I only saw the last guy that pitched and he looked really good for them (Big, stout LH guy).

However, I also agree with the OP that McCord needs to go back in the pen for the moment and give someone else the midweek starter role until McCord gets a little more seasoned. He's just too erratic and inconsistent right now. Dakota Hudson or Laster would likely both be better options at the moment or at least deserve the opportunity. I don't like guys learning lessons at the expense of suffering losses that could cost us a chance to be a regional host at the end of the year.

Homedawg
03-04-2015, 10:38 AM
I
Agree with this, no way we should have lost to Ark-PB scoring 2 runs, but hey, we also beat another SWAC school this year only scoring 2 runs. The APB pitchers last night were pretty sharp. I only saw the last guy that pitched and he looked really good for them (Big, stout LH guy).

However, I also agree with the OP that McCord needs to go back in the pen for the moment and give someone else the midweek starter role until McCord gets a little more seasoned. He's just too erratic and inconsistent right now. Dakota Hudson or Laster would likely both be better options at the moment or at least deserve the opportunity. I don't like guys learning lessons at the expense of suffering losses that could cost us a chance to be a regional host at the end of the year.

You know laster just started this past weekend?

maroonmania
03-04-2015, 10:45 AM
I

You know laster just started this past weekend?

Obviously I'm talking down the line based on McCord's performance yesterday combined with previous performances. I think even Dakota pitched a little over the weekend as well but he would not have if they had been planning to let him start last night.

tcdog70
03-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Keep scoring 2 runs and we will lose some more. When you keep the bases full of runners and continue to leave them there, then it is not your pitchers fault. It seems to Me that we took to many hitable pitches trying to walk, got our selves in the hole then struck out. We never put much pressure on their defense.