PDA

View Full Version : OT: any mechanics who do inspection stickers

RossDawg82
03-03-2015, 08:53 AM
I have a question if you are one. PM me if you can help

RBritt
03-03-2015, 09:11 AM
If near Brookhaven, go to Davis Auto Repair. They don't give a Eff. Guy who works there said only a Trooper can give you a ticket for the sticker being out. City cop or sheriff deputy can't give you a ticket for it being out but can hold you until the trooper arrives.

RossDawg82
03-03-2015, 09:13 AM
I already had a nice trooper give me a ticket. My windshield has a crack from one side to the other so I understand if I can't get one. I need to mail a receipt so I'm looking for someone to just charge me for one

RBritt
03-03-2015, 09:19 AM
They may do it. My windshield is effed up also. They always slap it on.

RossDawg82
03-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Every company I have called will not do it because of where the crack is. My issue and something I don't understand is why someone wont just charge me for one. All I need is a receipt stating I paid for one

Alphadog
03-03-2015, 12:23 PM
If near Brookhaven, go to Davis Auto Repair. They don't give a Eff. Guy who works there said only a Trooper can give you a ticket for the sticker being out. City cop or sheriff deputy can't give you a ticket for it being out but can hold you until the trooper arrives.
Natchez Trace Ranger can give one also. I learned the hard way. Couldn't get out of that one by just getting a sticker $125 fine

FlabLoser
03-03-2015, 12:26 PM
I could have sworn inspection stickers weren't ticketable.

Also pretty sure there was a bill this year to eliminate inspection stickers. Don't know what the status is.

Johnson85
03-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Every company I have called will not do it because of where the crack is. My issue and something I don't understand is why someone wont just charge me for one. All I need is a receipt stating I paid for one

You don't understand why someone, for $5, won't issue a receipt that they know if fraudulent? Or are you offering them anything beyond $5?

You are probably messing yourself up by even bringing it up. If you will just go to a few different places, you should eventually find a place that will slap on teh sticker and take your $5 without even looking at the car. They may get leary if you ask for a receipt (not sure I have ever gotten a receipt), but every town I've ever lived in there has been a place that essentially treated inspection stickers as for sale for $5.