PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at this if you want to see what type of football program we have.

Rayburn8
03-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Stolen from SPS:
This was a fb post from Bill Hurt (a pastor in Columbus): There are acts of kindness we remember, others make an impression on us and literally shape the way we view people. Last night I was at the Mississippi State baseball game. It was absolutely freezing. I've never been so cold at a baseball game. I got up to stretch my legs and a foul ball was hit in my direction. Two little boys raced to get the coveted prize. One a finely tuned 12 year old, the other, a rather round bellied 10 year old. You know who won that race. As the little 10 year old walked away, here's where the story got interesting. A young man noticed the disappointment on the kids face. He walked over to the State dugout and asked for a ball. They actually gave him one. He called to the dejected child and held up the ball. The kid's face lit up like a Christmas tree. He sprinted over. The man took a pen out and signed the ball and gave it to the boy. No one saw it except about 8 of us. It wasn't done to say look at me. It was done out of kindness. Oh, by the way, he signed the ball: Best wishes, Dak Prescott. Later on in the restroom I got a play by play from the kid. Some folks disappoint us while others exceed our expectations. You can't fake what I saw. Thanks Dak, for being one of the good guys by caring for the underdogs of life. Godspeed

smootness
03-02-2015, 11:51 AM
That's awesome. Dak Prescott is an extremely impressive man that will reflect nothing but great things on the university for years.

blacklistedbully
03-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Bears-named Rebel are gonna claim this is propaganda BS, and that they have it on reliable sources that Dak was actually involved in a fist-fight in the bathroom as he was trying to mug a fellow student. ****

RougeDawg
03-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Yes Dak is a special person. I met him a few years back after the South Alabama game when he was a RS freshman. We walked over to Up Your Alley (don't know name now) and it wasn't very crowded. Then I saw him sitting over in the corner by himself. You would have never known he was a SEC football player from his demeanor and humility. I just went up to him and told him good game and said I hoped he would get more PT and his running style was fun to watch.

starkvegasdawg
03-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Yes Dak is a special person. I met him a few years back after the South Alabama game when he was a RS freshman. We walked over to Up Your Alley (don't know name now) and it wasn't very crowded. Then I saw him sitting over in the corner by himself. You would have never known he was a SEC football player from his demeanor and humility. I just went up to him and told him good game and said I hoped he would get more PT and his running style was fun to watch.

And he didn't rob and sodomize you right then and there while punching a Cub Scout?***

Barking 13
03-03-2015, 12:43 AM
I bet he wasn't even eating crab legs....

Howboutdemdogs
03-03-2015, 07:10 AM
Dak is a very rare and special person. Way to go!

DawgHouseUnited
03-03-2015, 08:44 AM
And he didn't rob and sodomize you right then and there while punching a Cub Scout?***

Rebel friend of mine said it was a Girl Scout, not a Cub. Took all her cookies.*