PDA

View Full Version : Lady Bulldogs Clinch Three-Seed and Double-Bye in SEC Tournament

TheRef
03-01-2015, 04:50 PM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2015/03/01/no-11-bulldogs-win-school-record-26th-game-end-season/

So with the win today against Ole Miss, the Bulldogs will not play until Friday in the SEC Tournament. This should give the players plenty of time to relax and recuperate after a long season. They will play either the six, eleven, or fourteen seed in the nightcap of Friday's set of games.

While the Bulldogs certainly DESERVE to host the first two rounds of the NCAA Tournament as a top-4 regional seed, it would certainly help if they won at least one game over the weekend. The official crowd attendance was 7,326 and broke the old school record of 6,055 by 1,271. If the Bulldogs get to host the first two rounds of the NCAA Tournament, I fully expect the crowd to be near capacity.

Quaoarsking
03-01-2015, 05:46 PM
If we beat Tennessee Saturday I think we'll host. If not, we probably won't.

Unless the Committee will have already decided by then (I know they won't officially, but essentially). Then we're almost definitely out.

MabenMaroon
03-01-2015, 05:50 PM
One thing I like about the draw and the brackets, is that if we get that far we have Tenn on our side. That would be semi-final game if I am not mistaken. Yes! I do realize that we have never beaten UT, but on consecutive nights of play, with our depth, I would like our chances of finally breaking through. I am hoping that scenario would evolve and we would looking at more basketball in the Hump this year.

MSUDawg4Life
03-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Good regular season for the ladies. Looking forward to the post season.

nsvltndog
03-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Our RPI is 26 as of this evening. Our road through the SEC tourney is likely through RPI #9 UK, #2 UT, and #4 USC. Basically very little chance of our RPI falling, but to get into conversation to host we have to win at least 1 and possibly 2. Our SOS is killing us as only 3 teams with better RPIs have lower SOS than us.