PDA

View Full Version : Nice measuring stick game for Ray today

msstate7
02-28-2015, 08:30 AM
USCe is a team that we can beat, but we've gotta beat em on the road. I wanna win bad, but I also wanna see increased mins for black and Houston. This season went south a while ago, so I wanna play for next year more now. Johnson won't be back, so black needs to be ready. Daniels and fred have proven to be way too inconsistent, so I think it's time to give Houston more mins. Thoughts?

+- 3 posts till this becomes ray vs stansbury

C222
02-28-2015, 08:34 AM

Then why continue to start thread after thread about this?

msstate7
02-28-2015, 08:42 AM
Then why continue to start thread after thread about this?

My thread had nothing to do with ray vs stansbury. It was about our current team's game today. Sorry I still give a crap. I'd love to have a thread about today's game. No past talk. No fire ray. Just today's game and how ray can hopefully turn this around.

klong-dog
02-28-2015, 09:02 AM
USCe 63 Dogs 57

msstate7
02-28-2015, 09:08 AM
USCe 63 Dogs 57

I think we win, but I agree the score will be in that area decided by 6 points or less. I'll say... 61-58 state

MaxedOutMaroon
02-28-2015, 09:20 AM
either we come out flat from playing the two best teams in the SEC because we are wore out; therefore, we lose. Or we come out blowing by them because they are A way easier opponent; therefore, we win. Too scared to predict, although I said we'd lose by 18 before KY (not on the board) and we did.

klong-dog
02-28-2015, 09:38 AM
We're a 9.5 pt dog I just saw

klong-dog
02-28-2015, 09:40 AM
either we come out flat from playing the two best teams in the SEC because we are wore out; therefore, we lose. Or we come out blowing by them because they are A way easier opponent; therefore, we win. Too scared to predict, although I said we'd lose by 18 before KY (not on the board) and we did.

We definitely won't be blowing by anyone on their home court. Expect 18 or more turnovers and tough to score inside pts. We better get hot from the outside, which I for sure wouldn't count on.

confucius say
02-28-2015, 09:42 AM
We're a 9.5 pt dog I just saw

Seems high

TheDogFather
02-28-2015, 09:44 AM
USCe is a team that we can beat, but we've gotta beat em on the road. I wanna win bad, but I also wanna see increased mins for black and Houston. This season went south a while ago, so I wanna play for next year more now. Johnson won't be back, so black needs to be ready. Daniels and fred have proven to be way too inconsistent, so I think it's time to give Houston more mins. Thoughts?

You made it with the original post. Congratulations.

msstate7
02-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Seems high

Really high imo. USCe -3.5 seems closer to right

Goat from MSU
02-28-2015, 10:27 AM
Hey msstate7 you made it even further .I like Houston to get more min. And can Ready make it thur SEC played with prefect free throws made ,he needs to drive and shoot more that another key to us winning.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-28-2015, 10:30 AM
State 53-51 in a defensive thriller for the ages

msstate7
02-28-2015, 10:33 AM
Hey msstate7 you made it even further .I like Houston to get more min. And can Ready make it thur SEC played with prefect free throws made ,he needs to drive and shoot more that another key to us winning.

Ready's perfect from FT's in sec play?

Goat from MSU
02-28-2015, 10:38 AM
He is 20 for 20 . He is not a bad point guard contray to some on this board . I do like basketball and keep up with stats . I do not bitch all the time . I AM SHOCK YOU DID NOT KNOW THIS ON READY JUST SHOCK!
Ready's perfect from FT's in sec play?

msstate7
02-28-2015, 10:40 AM
He is 20 for 20 . He is not a bad point guard contray to some on this board . I do like basketball and keep up with stats . I do not bitch all the time . I AM SHOCK YOU DID NOT KNOW THIS ON READY JUST SHOCK!

Good stat. I'll try to keep up better. Hopefully you didn't just jinx him haha.

I like ready, but he's way too passive at times. He has the ability to score and I wish he'd use it more.

Quaoarsking
02-28-2015, 10:48 AM
If we play like we did against Ole Miss and Arkansas (and Kentucky for that matter, at least the first 25 minutes) we'll win by double digits. Hopefully the players haven't lost heart.

Dawg61
02-28-2015, 10:49 AM
I'd like to see Houston get 25 minutes today. Bench Roq. Sorry Roq but the new guys need the minutes.

Goat from MSU
02-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Ready is a key if he would shoot and drive more ,we might have a few more wins .I do know a little about basketball .I might have miss one or two home games my 4 years at State . I only post about basketball if you have not notice.Hope this thread stay about the game lets see.
Good stat. I'll try to keep up better. Hopefully you didn't just jinx him haha.

I like ready, but he's way too passive at times. He has the ability to score and I wish he'd use it more.

Goat from MSU
02-28-2015, 10:51 AM
PLus one on that ,I like Houston's upside.
I'd like to see Houston get 25 minutes today. Bench Roq. Sorry Roq but the new guys need the minutes.

tcdog70
02-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Ready is not very effective driving. He usually has a turn over if he drives.If He could get yo the free throw line that would be a positive. If you notice Ready basically hangs around the 3 point line and let's Chicken do the driving

BiscuitEater
02-28-2015, 12:04 PM
I want MSU to win every game ... no matter who the coach is ... period.

That said. I don't think that Ray 'deserves' another year. And, it's not so much his record as his ability to teach even just the basic fundamentals. Setting screens, getting the ball inbounds, any kind of offense at all.

Said it before and will repeat. Ray = Croom

RougeDawg
02-28-2015, 12:41 PM
As the rest of this season has been, today will be no different. We will live and die by the "Sword", literally. His play will determine the outcome. If he takes it to the hoop 15+ times we will win easily. If you break down his game by game stats, when he approaches and surpasses 15 drives/shots a game he scores close to 20+ and we win. Not sure why he's gotten away from this the last few games but we need it back. Maybe other teams have noticed this as well and are defending for it. Hopefully he will get to the hoop early and often. That's really out only hope.

nashLA
02-28-2015, 03:45 PM
Ready is a key if he shot and drove more we might have a few more wins .I do know basketball I might have miss one or two home games my 4 years at state . I only post about basketball if you have not notice.Hope this thread stay about the game lets see.
Your writing skills leave me a little doubtful that you spent that many years at State.

Liverpooldawg
02-28-2015, 07:30 PM
I agree, this was a great measuring stick game for the program as it stands now.

coastdoglover
02-28-2015, 07:31 PM
If this is a measuring stick, then it ought to be clear how bad we are.

Coach34
02-28-2015, 07:32 PM

I'm shocked you're here so quick today- shocked I tell ya...but yes- we have laid a turd today

coastdoglover
02-28-2015, 07:44 PM
We laid a turd when we hired this guy and who knows who we might hire next. That is the real concern.

I'm shocked you're here so quick today- shocked I tell ya...but yes- we have laid a turd today

msstate7
02-28-2015, 07:50 PM
I have no problem if SS fires ray directly after this game, but I'm much more pissed at johnson and ware.

Coach34
02-28-2015, 07:51 PM
I think we gonna have Ray at least 2 more years- I think next year's team makes the NIT and Ray gets a 5th year

JohnnyQuid
02-28-2015, 07:53 PM
I agree, this was a great measuring stick game for the program as it stands now.

true story

HailState39110
02-28-2015, 07:54 PM
The only thing we need to measure is how much longer we have until this season ends

Liverpooldawg
02-28-2015, 07:58 PM
I think we gonna have Ray at least 2 more years- I think next year's team makes the NIT and Ray gets a 5th year

This team will have to be light years ahead of where it is right now to make the NIT next year. We have a lot coming back sure, but I see no real reason to be happy about that fact.

shannondawg
02-28-2015, 08:00 PM
2 more years of this probably isn't any different than a lot of decisions that have been made in the past 50 years or more.

MaxedOutMaroon
02-28-2015, 08:02 PM
"HELP!!!!!!!" Craig Sword's conscious right now. Dude needs some serious help next year. He's literally the only consistent player, plus he's actually developed his shooting a bit

MabenMaroon
02-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Well, think that the coach and the team got measured ... right around 4 7/8", give or take a 32nd or two, is where it measured out at.

lfl
02-28-2015, 08:36 PM
USCe took that measuring stick and whipped our ass with it. Without Craig Sword, we lose by 30.

BiscuitEater
02-28-2015, 08:43 PM
USCe is a team that we can beat

We can't beat USCe ... and you mentioned "measuring stick.'

We are digressing ... each game now.

msstate7
02-28-2015, 08:45 PM
We can't beat USCe ... and you mentioned "measuring stick.'

We are digressing ... each game now.

This game we digressed. I fail to see how we digressed the previous 3. Hey at least you're happy tonight...

msstate7
02-28-2015, 08:52 PM
USCe took that measuring stick and whipped our ass with it. Without Craig Sword, we lose by 30.

You're right... If you take johnson (28 points) off their team, we win. See how that works? We got creamed with sword. No need to say it'd be worse without him

JohnnyQuid
02-28-2015, 08:57 PM
lotta good 1-liners in this thread

Liverpooldawg
02-28-2015, 09:07 PM
This game we digressed. I fail to see how we digressed the previous 3. Hey at least you're happy tonight...

The sad thing is you probably think he is happy about it. If he is like me nothing could be farther from the truth. I absolutely HATE what we have done to our basketball program.

Liverpooldawg
02-28-2015, 09:09 PM
You're right... If you take johnson (28 points) off their team, we win. See how that works? We got creamed with sword. No need to say it'd be worse without him

Fact is we just got whipped by one of the worst teams in the not that great SEC. That game was never really in doubt from start to finish. You can play all the games you want, it doesn't change that.

msstate7
02-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Fact is we just got whipped by one of the worst teams in the not that great SEC. That game was never really in doubt from start to finish. You can play all the games you want, it doesn't change that.
Which is exactly what I said. My response was to the guy that said we'd have lost by 30 without sword

msstate7
02-28-2015, 09:24 PM
The sad thing is you probably think he is happy about it. If he is like me nothing could be farther from the truth. I absolutely HATE what we have done to our basketball program.

You're most likely right. I apologize, biscuit. Just ill...

lfl
02-28-2015, 11:08 PM

It's not about arithmetic. It's the fact that we had a guy have a career-type night and we still got whipped from start to finish by another cellar-dweller. This team is a train wreck, and even with an outstanding individual performance we can't even make a game of it.

HSVDawg
03-01-2015, 12:43 AM

I just don't understand this logic at all. So we're giving Ray 4 years just to get back to the level the previous coach left the program at (and was subsequently fired for attaining) and our fans and administration are just supposed to be good with that? Makes no sense. You could make a very valid argument for firing Ray THIS year depending on how these last 2 games plus SEC tourney games unfold, but even if he returns I don't see how he sticks around for a 5th year just by putting a product out there that wasn't good enough 4 years ago.

And yes, you can say Stans was not fired for missing the dance 3 years in a row but for the drug and locker room issues. And that may have played some role in his demise. But the bottom line is that even if Sidney ran out and did a line of coke off center court during pregame intros, Stans still wasn't getting run off if we had made the tourney in 2012. That is a fact. It was all about wins and losses then and is now as well. And you can't say what wasn't good enough in 2012 all the sudden is good enough in 2016 when the new guy running the show has 4 years under his belt. I like Ray and do wish him success, but its NCAA or bust next year. Plain and simple.

Acid mouth
03-01-2015, 10:35 AM

Agreed. It has been clear for AWHILE just how terrible we are under the RR. During the A&M rout Auburn, the announcers said that Bruce Pearl increased season ticket sales 250%! The fans just need something to believe in. Scott needs to stay consistent with his "expectations of our program" that he had 3 years ago. If Scott brings him back next year, his job should be on the line as well.

maroonmania
03-01-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm not saying any more about our basketball program at this point. Nothing productive in doing so. At this stage I feel like the play has been whistled dead and me saying anything else is just jumping on the pile. At this point its just all about what happens next year. Ray will need to make a significant jump in the 4th year to warrant being kept on. That's fairly obvious but I will just leave it at that.