PDA

View Full Version : No surprise to me Ole Miss loses

MsStateBaseball
02-27-2015, 09:52 PM
Was up 4-0 behind Trent but bullpen couldn't hold. You will see this a lot this year. They just don't have it. D1 baseball will learn the hard way.

Todd4State
02-27-2015, 09:54 PM
UCF made three errors in the field as well.

Jacksondevildog
02-27-2015, 09:55 PM
UCF made three errors in the field as well.

Rebels had 5 hits and UCF had 3 errors. That's a bad loss. UCF is a good team. They should have lost two more games earlier this year.

Todd4State
02-27-2015, 10:16 PM
While I still disagree that Ole Miss will be "bad"- I will say that they were pretty close to losing series to William & Mary, Wright State, and they almost lost to Arkansas State at home earlier this week. They're pretty fortunate that they don't have a losing record right now.

BossDawg
02-27-2015, 10:21 PM
Didn't they lose their hitting coach that was supposedly a big deal to them?

starkvegasdawg
02-27-2015, 10:27 PM
So they only go up two spots in the next poll?

MsStateBaseball
02-27-2015, 10:29 PM
It won't shock me if UCF sweeps them. If the OM starters struggle like they have, not going to be pretty.

Todd4State
02-27-2015, 10:32 PM

Yes, he is at East Carolina right now.

Jacksondevildog
02-27-2015, 10:43 PM
They have the rest of this series vs UCF, a series vs Stetson, 2 at Louisville and 3 at LSU. That's a very tough stretch.

ScottH
02-27-2015, 10:53 PM
Yes, he is at East Carolina right now.

Biding his time until Bianco retires per a mutual friend.

Todd4State
02-27-2015, 10:53 PM
They have the rest of this series vs UCF, a series vs Stetson, 2 at Louisville and 3 at LSU. That's a very tough stretch.

No doubt. They're the opposite of us as far as scheduling this year- I still am of the opinion that they over scheduled. It looks good if you win those games but it's more difficult to figure out your roster and I believe it can hurt later in the year if your team wears down. Also, if you finish 30-26 with the number one SOS you are still a two or three seed.

Todd4State
02-27-2015, 10:55 PM

Maybe, but he's an alum of ECU. And no offense to ECU, but he could have easily landed a more high profile job than them.

engie
02-27-2015, 11:04 PM

If Bianco walks into the sunset on good terms, McDonnell will probably be chasing that job as well. While he's won at a high clip at Louisville, it's strictly a charity sport there --- all of their baseball games are free...

RougeDawg
02-28-2015, 01:04 AM

Ding da ding ding ding!!!! He was the key to their offense last year. Their hitters had as close to perfect mechanics as you could hope from college players last year. What most people don't understand is, without a good "mechanics" coach out there daily, the players will begin to slip into bad habits. Then they'll have an even more difficult time getting back on track.

A good hitting coach recognizes even the smallest change in a players swing or approach. With baseball, if you allow a swing to go "uncoached" too long, you may spend the remainder of the season trying to get it back under control.

But what do I know, you don't need a true hitting coach for a dominant offensive team! I never talked about The Bears offense last year and how well they were cosched and provided examples of how they were well coached.

Homedawg
02-28-2015, 01:10 AM
Ding da ding ding ding!!!! He was the key to their offense last year. Their hitters had as close to perfect mechanics as you could hope from college players last year. What most people don't understand is, without a good "mechanics" coach out there daily, the players will begin to slip into bad habits. Then they'll have an even more difficult time getting back on track.

A good hitting coach recognizes even the smallest change in a players swing or approach. With baseball, if you allow a swing to go "uncoached" too long, you may spend the remainder of the season trying to get it back under control.

But what do I know, you don't need a true hitting coach for a dominant offensive team! I never talked about The Bears offense last year and how well they were cosched and provided examples of how they were well coached.
Last time I heard you give a hitting clinic on here I'd say you didn't know shit. I know you think you do, but you don't.

messageboardsuperhero
02-28-2015, 01:10 AM
The thing about Bianco at UM is that last year's run bought him time there- he'll have at least two more years guaranteed, but more likely 3-4 years as long as they stay decent, which I'm sure they will. It'll be a while before that job opens up IMO, and you never know what's going to happen over that time.