PDA

View Full Version : Update on Ray's future at State

Coach34
02-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Heard earlier that if we he were to pistol whip an Engineering student, rob Barnes &Noble, and then go take a piss in Keenum's office- they may talk about making a change.

Anything short of that- Ray is returning

Political Hack
02-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Heard earlier that if we he were to pistol whip an Engineering student, rob Barnes &Noble, and then go take a piss in Keenum's office- they may talk about making a change.

you gonna go celebrate our continued quest to mediocrity?

YazooDawg23
02-27-2015, 12:14 PM
He needs to make the post-season next year and lock up Kegler for 2016.

msstate7
02-27-2015, 12:16 PM
I support Ray getting 4th year, but no excuses. I don't care about injuries, close losses, etc... Do or die for ray next season

msstate7
02-27-2015, 12:17 PM

Postseason a lot more likely than keglar imo. Hughes, banks, simonds, hicks, and 1 more will be a nice pull, if he can get it done

SouthMsDawg
02-27-2015, 12:18 PM

Slim to no chance that we get Kegler.

coastdoglover
02-27-2015, 12:30 PM
Our preseason schedule will look like this

Tenn Martin
Belhaven
La. Monroe
Millsaps
Tougaloo
Dillard
William Carey
Suno
Alcorn
Nicholls State
Sam Houston State
Lamar
Mississippi College
Samford
Texas San Antonio
Troy
Ohio U
E. Kentucky
Coach 34's Junior High team

quickstrike2
02-27-2015, 12:33 PM
I support Ray getting 4th year, but no excuses. I don't care about injuries, close losses, etc... Do or die for ray next season

This all day. Wins and loses. Wins and loses. I will support Ray for another year. I could care less about how good our defense was in a lose and if we are yet again talking about injuries in year 4 then it is a constant and not a variable on Ray's ball clubs. I thought this year was going to be that year and felt sure after the horrendous early season loses that it surely would be, but I am willing to see what another year brings the program. And in year 4, Rick Stansbury really shouldn't be mentioned.

Homedawg
02-27-2015, 12:37 PM

Tenn Martin
Belhaven
La. Monroe
Millsaps
Tougaloo
Dillard
William Carey
Suno
Alcorn
Nicholls State
Sam Houston State
Lamar
Mississippi College
Samford
Texas San Antonio
Troy
Ohio U
E. Kentucky

I don't see rider, we should be ok.

BeardoMSU
02-27-2015, 12:43 PM

Tenn Martin
Belhaven
La. Monroe
Millsaps
Tougaloo
Dillard
William Carey
Suno
Alcorn
Nicholls State
Sam Houston State
Lamar
Mississippi College
Samford
Texas San Antonio
Troy
Ohio U
E. Kentucky

Wow...so win or lose, we'll have an RPI in the 200's. Great. I guess we'll have to win 12-14 SEC games just to be a 2 seed in the NIT with that shit show of an out of conference slate.

maroonmania
02-27-2015, 12:47 PM

I think everyone has already accepted that fact so nothing to see there. The REAL question is what are the expectations that Ray has to fulfill in Year 4 with a very Senior laden team both for the fanbase and for the administration to bring him back for Year 5? I mean is squeaking into the NIT enough? Would still be a big improvement from this year but likely won't satisfy a lot of folks? Does he have to get to the NCAA tourney? That seems to be the standard more folks than not are wanting to put down for next year but from what we are this year to being an NCAA team next year is quite the quantum leap (assuming no Malik Newman).

msstate7
02-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Wow...so win or lose, we'll have an RPI in the 200's. Great. I guess we'll have to win 12-14 SEC games just to be a 2 seed in the NIT with that shit show of an out of conference slate.

That's not our schedule

RougeDawg
02-27-2015, 12:50 PM

Tenn Martin
Belhaven
La. Monroe
Millsaps
Tougaloo
Dillard
William Carey
Suno
Alcorn
Nicholls State
Sam Houston State
Lamar
Mississippi College
Samford
Texas San Antonio
Troy
Ohio U
E. Kentucky

Damn. Were the Girl Scouts and School for the Deaf and Blind already booked?

Dawg61
02-27-2015, 12:53 PM

Gotta love C34 throwing this shit in our face every chance he gets. You going for least favorite poster this year C34?

MadDawg
02-27-2015, 12:54 PM

No shit Sherlock.

And after he takes us to the NIT next year, he will get at least one - maybe two more years. Then we will be 6 years with no NCAA appearance.

codeDawg
02-27-2015, 12:54 PM

Tenn Martin
Belhaven
La. Monroe
Millsaps
Tougaloo
Dillard
William Carey
Suno
Alcorn
Nicholls State
Sam Houston State
Lamar
Mississippi College
Samford
Texas San Antonio
Troy
Ohio U
E. Kentucky

Just great. Even in our dream schedule La Monroe and Eastern Kentucky are ahead of us and UT Martin is one spot behind us.

codeDawg
02-27-2015, 12:57 PM

This just in. Next door neighbor Rick Ray does not return hedge clippers to Loafers. Loafers reconsidering Ray's status. Situation is fluid.

Dawg61
02-27-2015, 12:58 PM
No shit Sherlock.

And after he takes us to the NIT next year, he will get at least one - maybe two more years. Then we will be 6 years with no NCAA appearance.

Don't forget the three years prior to Ray too. That'd be 9 years by then. We'll go an entire decade before we make the tourney again. Might be 15 years.

Goat from MSU
02-27-2015, 01:09 PM
So I guess this is from your head in his ass buddy that works on campus.Is he banging Ray's wife too.

starkvegasdawg
02-27-2015, 01:31 PM

Tenn Martin
Belhaven
La. Monroe
Millsaps
Tougaloo
Dillard
William Carey
Suno
Alcorn
Nicholls State
Sam Houston State
Lamar
Mississippi College
Samford
Texas San Antonio
Troy
Ohio U
E. Kentucky

Dillard? We're playing department stores now?

dawgs
02-27-2015, 01:36 PM
I think everyone has already accepted that fact so nothing to see there. The REAL question is what are the expectations that Ray has to fulfill in Year 4 with a very Senior laden team both for the fanbase and for the administration to bring him back for Year 5? I mean is squeaking into the NIT enough? Would still be a big improvement from this year but likely won't satisfy a lot of folks? Does he have to get to the NCAA tourney? That seems to be the standard more folks than not are wanting to put down for next year but from what we are this year to being an NCAA team next year is quite the quantum leap (assuming no Malik Newman).

Ncaa or bust for me.

This was the NIT season for ray, and imo missing that mark this drastically is all I need to see. He should be gone after we lose in the sec tourney, and I guess the debate is how badly our admin is ****ing the program by not making the move now.

DownwardDawg
02-27-2015, 01:48 PM

Yay!!! *****

HSVDawg
02-27-2015, 01:49 PM
No shit Sherlock.

We're already at 6 years with no NCAA appearance. We'll be at 9 years by the time we finally get rid of him if what suggest takes place.

Dawg61
02-27-2015, 01:49 PM
Ncaa or bust for me.

This was the NIT season for ray, and imo missing that mark this drastically is all I need to see. He should be gone after we lose in the sec tourney, and I guess the debate is how badly our admin is ****ing the program by not making the move now.

Exactly. SS & Keenum want the boat at the bottom of the ocean apparently.

defiantdog
02-27-2015, 02:08 PM
I can't wait until April..... that way no one talks about our basketball program anymore. Who'd ever thought our women's team would fill more seats.

TheDogFather
02-27-2015, 02:08 PM

So if Gavin Ware makes a layup but there's nobody there to see it, did it really happen?

http://m.lubbockonline.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/mobile_story_full/14163881.jpg

Where'sWaldo
02-27-2015, 02:18 PM
So if Gavin Ware makes a layup but there's nobody there to see it, did it really happen?

http://m.lubbockonline.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/mobile_story_full/14163881.jpg

he missed that layup.....

dawgs
02-27-2015, 02:36 PM
he missed that layup.....

So you're saying it didn't happen

Eric Nies Grind Time
02-27-2015, 02:50 PM
Ncaa or bust for me.

I agree with all of this. NCAA tourney next year or he needs to go.

TheDogFather
02-27-2015, 02:56 PM
Gotta love C34 throwing this shit in our face every chance he gets. You going for least favorite poster this year C34?

What do you mean going for?

PMDawg
02-27-2015, 03:00 PM
you gonna go celebrate our continued quest to mediocrity?

Mediocrity? I'd take that in a heart beat right now. We have a looooong way to go to get to mediocrity. I like your optimism though.

Dawg61
02-27-2015, 03:05 PM
I agree with all of this. NCAA tourney next year or he needs to go.

It was NIT this year or bust. He's busted. Why are we waiting another year when waiting another year hurts the next coach significantly?

DawgFromOxford
02-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Should've been able to break into the NIT this year. I've tried to support Ray as long as possible and I'm ok with giving him next year, but if he doesn't make the NCAA Tournament then he needs to go.

dawgs
02-27-2015, 04:10 PM
It was NIT this year or bust. He's busted. Why are we waiting another year when waiting another year hurts the next coach significantly?

If it was up to me, he'd be gone. That's likely not gonna happen unfortunately. Next year if we don't make the ncaa tourney with an at-large quality teams (not some shit show that puts together a miracle sec tourney run), I'll want him gone. Making the NIT with all the returning experience we'll have and given the amount of experience we'll lose after next season is absolutely unacceptable.

Liverpooldawg
02-27-2015, 04:12 PM

That should make you happy.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-27-2015, 04:15 PM
All of this back & forth about I'm hearing this or hearing that is for show. Unless he went winless in SEC play he was always coming back. It's never been a fluid situation this is what it was. Some are ok with it some are not but this hasn't been some weekly discussion in the Athletics Dept about Ray's job security.

Madisonmd
02-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Worth noting here, Ray may have 2 more years on his contract after this year due to year 1 extension. At least that is told by 2 sources that have spoken with AD dept people. The assumption would be that creates a possible buyout scenario. Any further insight is appreciated.

shannondawg
02-27-2015, 04:32 PM
I can't wait until April..... that way no one talks about our basketball program anymore. Who'd ever thought our women's team would fill more seats.

I will continue to buy season tickets, but it will be for the ladies games next year.

dawgs
02-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Worth noting here, Ray may have 2 more years on his contract after this year due to year 1 extension. At least that is told by 2 sources that have spoken with AD dept people. The assumption would be that creates a possible buyout scenario. Any further insight is appreciated.

We can afford to buy out his contract if we want to.

IMissJack
02-27-2015, 05:37 PM

This tells me all I need to know about our leadership wanting to build a winning basketball team.

Dawgface
02-27-2015, 05:44 PM
His goal is to generate hits. Its working.

Coach34
02-27-2015, 06:12 PM
It's never been a fluid situation this is what it was. Some are ok with it some are not but this hasn't been some weekly discussion in the Athletics Dept about Ray's job security.

i don't think anybody has ever said it was a fluid situation within the AD. I had a booster tell me he was gone- as was posted here. Then shortly thereafter- had someone from on campus tell me zero chance he gets fired this year- end of story.

Dawg61
02-27-2015, 07:24 PM
His goal is to generate hits. Its working.

Yea I get that. Just wish it wasn't at the expense at the basketball fans on here.

hells bells
02-27-2015, 09:43 PM

Coach, good for Ray. Hope he can live up to that 17ing salary next year.