PDA

View Full Version : LSU losing early signing period privileges next 2 years...

RougeDawg
02-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Due to OL Wommack signing with Bama after signing financial aid agreement with LSU. They'll also lose a few evaluation days for players. Not sure how this will really effect them, but only Rivals on Twitter is reporting this. If this were MSU our beat writers would be plastering this all over every media outlet known to man.

https://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1741214

thf24
02-27-2015, 11:39 AM
That rule seems backwards. Why should the school be punished for getting stood up by the recruit?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-27-2015, 11:40 AM
There are other outlets that reported it last night. They can still have players enroll early just can't sign the financial aid agreements. Considering how it went with Womack I'm sure they aren't disappointed in that. The evaluation days lost is what really hurts.

RougeDawg
02-27-2015, 11:52 AM
There are other outlets that reported it last night. They can still have players enroll early just can't sign the financial aid agreements. Considering how it went with Womack I'm sure they aren't disappointed in that. The evaluation days lost is what really hurts.

Im Not saying it wasn't reported last night. I'm saying it this were our program some of our beat writers would have been pushing this story trying to draw page hits and it'd be scrolling across the bottom of espn. LSU, and most SEC programs have their beat writers working with them and they don't promote negative stories

maroonmania
02-27-2015, 12:04 PM
That rule seems backwards. Why should the school be punished for getting stood up by the recruit?

Does kind of seem backward. Not sure how LSU can be held accountable for Wommack flipping on them. Its not like they pulled his offer or something.

Johnson85
02-27-2015, 12:14 PM
Does kind of seem backward. Not sure how LSU can be held accountable for Wommack flipping on them. Its not like they pulled his offer or something.

I think the issue was that they did not follow all of the restrictions on communicating with recruits after he signed his financial aid agreement. Had he stuck with him, that would not have been a problem. But if they had kept treating him like any other recruit, they would have been ok, and I guess that's what schools have to do to protect themselves in teh future. Assume early enrollees are just like other recruits until they actually step on campus.

If that's not right, it does seem completely backward.