PDA

View Full Version : SEC pre-spring position rankings: Defensive line

notsofarawaydawg
02-27-2015, 11:33 AM
Defensive Line Rankings (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/98555/sec-pre-spring-position-rankings-defensive-line)

RougeDawg
02-27-2015, 11:38 AM
Pretty fair evaluation. I expected us to be lower based on how awful SEC network talking heads speak about us and how much talent they say we lost across the board.

sandwolf
02-27-2015, 12:02 PM
It is crazy seeing LSU at #9 on that list. They sign entirely too much talent on the DL for them not to have one of the top 3 or 4 fronts every year. Miles better get his shit together or he is going to be out of a job before too long.

TXDawg
02-27-2015, 12:04 PM
If Aschoff had written it, UM would be #1 and we'd be #12.

Scarborough seems to be pretty fair most of the time.

Political Hack
02-27-2015, 12:19 PM
I think A&M will be better than that. LSU too.

Ole Miss has crazy talent, but they're thin. Same issue we have IMO. Also, anyone that looks at our DL and doesn't mention the 330 pound DT that has turned the corner and is as wide as a mac truck isn't paying attention. Nick James is about to go beast mode on the entire nation... they can't double him and Chris Jones both.

mic
02-27-2015, 12:26 PM

Ole Miss has crazy talent, but they're thin. Same issue we have IMO. Also, anyone that looks at our DL and doesn't mention the 330 pound DT that has turned the corner and is as wide as a mac truck isn't paying attention. Nick James is about to go beast mode on the entire nation... they can't double him and Chris Jones both.

Yeah I thought we for whatever reason underachieved at DL last year..
But with Manny and his schemes and aggressiveness that should change..

I wouldn't trade the Chris and Nick combo for anyone.
And Ryan Brown will be This years version of Preston Smith

Political Hack
02-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Yeah I thought we for whatever reason underachieved at DL last year..
But with Manny and his schemes and aggressiveness that should change..

I wouldn't trade the Chris and Nick combo for anyone.
And Ryan Brown will be This years version of Preston Smith

agree. I think AJ is going to surprise people too. He's already surprised me...

Our first DL is going to be stout, but I don't know about the depth.

msstate7
02-27-2015, 12:38 PM

I'd love for both James and jones to shed some pounds.

chef dixon
02-27-2015, 03:17 PM
Need some JUCO production for depth. Hopefully Corey Thomas will be a good player as well. Possibly get Fletcher Adams in the mix too.

Westdawg
02-27-2015, 03:32 PM
we are much better off at the DT and DE positions than what we are getting credit for. There is quality depth there. yeah, some of it is young, but if Nick can be anything of what we all know he can be and that he has shown flashes of, then we are sooooooo much farther along than what many think. I think that you will see more of Chris at the 3 and Nick at the 1, and should we go with a 30 front, then nick goes over the 0 tech and Chris out at DE with Brown as the other DE. You got some serious issues with that group. the LBs are going to be better as a whole this year, i really believe that and because of that, the D line will get to do more things. I think because we subbed so much last year, that while we were "fresh", there was not a lot of chemistry up front and trust with who was behind them on the field.

Coach34
02-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Our starting front will be very good. Only question is what will the depth do for us? Not worried about Thomas- they said he could have played some last year if he had needed too.

As long as we stay relatively healthy- we'll be fine

War Machine Dawg
02-27-2015, 04:22 PM

I haven't posted it, but I've been thinking the same thing for a while, Hack. I liked a whole lot of what I saw from Nick last season.