PDA

View Full Version : Coach, Todd, or even Castoria if he is here

AlSwearengen
06-25-2013, 09:44 AM
I can't recall if it was rea or renfroe at the plate, but did ya'll hear hersheiser commenting on their stance and movement with that front foot. He basically sounded like he had been reading what we have bitched about over and over here. I told my dad last night that the first day renfroe gets to the pros, they will change that shit.

Coach34
06-25-2013, 11:12 AM
I can't recall if it was rea or renfroe at the plate, but did ya'll hear hersheiser commenting on their stance and movement with that front foot. He basically sounded like he had been reading what we have bitched about over and over here. I told my dad last night that the first day renfroe gets to the pros, they will change that shit.

They will definitely have to make some changes- it's much too easy to get inside their kitchen with that kind of stance. Bruce's assessment was spot on.

It's sick how much talent Renfroe has- we'll just have to see if he learns how to use it the next few years. Big Wes will be drafted also- somebody will take a flyer on him too

AROB44
06-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Not a real expert on baseball and/or coaching, but why haven't our coaches worked on his and Wes' stances? Is it a question of available time?

Todd4State
06-25-2013, 12:05 PM
If we're thinking about the same thing, I think Hershiser's point was that they were trying to do too much and in doing so were being fundamentally unsound.

Todd4State
06-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Not a real expert on baseball and/or coaching, but why haven't our coaches worked on his and Wes' stances? Is it a question of available time?

To me, a stance is more about being comfortable. The main thing that you have to do is get in a good hitting position, and if you have an open stance, you HAVE to make sure you close your foot up or you will not hit very well. That's why a lot of people don't use it/like it- if you start out with your feet more closed, you don't have to worry about closing up and waste time.

Most people that do use that stance use it because they feel like it helps them to see the ball better- "using two eyes".

War Machine Dawg
06-25-2013, 12:24 PM
If we're thinking about the same thing, I think Hershiser's point was that they were trying to do too much and in doing so were being fundamentally unsound.

This.