PDA

View Full Version : Arizona home team for tonight's game?

bulldogcountry1
02-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Hail State just tweeted that Arizona is the home team for tonight's game. What's that about? Will this be considered a neutral site game for both teams?

Just yesterday, I was looking at the RPI data from last year and noticed that our Sunday win against them last season was considered a neutral game, and I thought that was strange. I guess today is payback for that agreement. It worked against us last year, but will only help us this year, win or lose.

maroonmania
02-27-2015, 11:06 AM
Hail State just tweeted that Arizona is the home team for tonight's game. What's that about? Will this be considered a neutral site game for both teams?

Just yesterday, I was looking at the RPI data from last year and noticed that our Sunday win against them last season was considered a neutral game, and I thought that was strange. I guess today is payback for that agreement. It worked against us last year, but will only help us this year, win or lose.

That is sort of strange. Not sure how letting the visiting team bat as the home team would make the game a neutral site. Was the tourney last year out there actually played on Arizona's home field? I don't remember.

jumbo
02-27-2015, 11:11 AM
It probably just works the same way as a regional. Yes, one team hosts, but they are not always the home team.

SouthMsDawg
02-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Don't like this at all. We were the home team the last 2 weekends, why do we change it this weekend just for Arizona? I feel if you are the home team playing on your home field you should ALWAYS bat last.

TheRef
02-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Don't like this at all. We were the home team the last 2 weekends, why do we change it this weekend just for Arizona? I feel if you are the home team playing on your home field you should ALWAYS bat last.

It was part of the contract. We were the home team in Arizona, they get to be the home team here.

Maroon Diapers
02-27-2015, 12:23 PM
"* Home Team Listed Second. Arizona will be considered the home team Friday as a result of Mississippi State being the home team at Arizona on March 9, 2014."

Per Hail State app

SaltyDawg
02-27-2015, 12:28 PM

Obviously, you want to be the home team to get the last bat. But, we are still the home team in that it's in our park and it can only help our RPI purposes, win or lose. I don't see the issue.