PDA

View Full Version : Tookie brown

msstate7
02-26-2015, 10:34 PM
Got this from Paul jones...

He helped Morgan County (Ga.) HS punched their ticket to the Final Four tonight with a victory. Brown had 37 points and 10 rebounds as they seek to repeat as state champs. He was the MVP in the title game last year with 36 points.

http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Board/59413/Contents/2015-MSU-hoops-signee-Tookie-Brown-35888831

It'll be really interesting if tookie can continue to be a scorer here. He's a really good HS player.

TheRef
02-26-2015, 10:41 PM
Tookie has scored over 3,000 points in his career now.

maroonmania
02-26-2015, 10:50 PM
Got this from Paul jones...

He helped Morgan County (Ga.) HS punched their ticket to the Final Four tonight with a victory. Brown had 37 points and 10 rebounds as they seek to repeat as state champs. He was the MVP in the title game last year with 36 points.

http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Board/59413/Contents/2015-MSU-hoops-signee-Tookie-Brown-35888831

It'll be really interesting if tookie can continue to be a scorer here. He's a really good HS player.

What classification in GA does he play in? Pretty impressive for a 5'10" PG to pick up 10 rebounds.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-26-2015, 11:02 PM
What classification in GA does he play in? Pretty impressive for a 5'10" PG to pick up 10 rebounds.

They're 3A.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-28-2015, 06:34 PM
Update: Tookie led his team to a 68-62 win today against the #1 team in 3A. The win puts them back in the finals.He finished with 37pts (32 in the 2nd half). Say what you want about his size but kid is a winner.

smootness
02-28-2015, 07:34 PM
I'm hoping to see him in the title game in Macon next weekend. If I do, I'll let you know what I thought.

msstate7
02-28-2015, 07:35 PM
Update: Tookie led his team to a 68-62 win today against the #1 team in 3A. The win puts them back in the finals.He finished with 37pts (32 in the 2nd half). Say what you want about his size but kid is a winner.

If he's 6'3", everyone in the country wants him

msstate7
03-01-2015, 06:14 PM
@DavidBoydhoops: I told u AAA had to go thru Tookie Brown: 37 points 68-62 win ; best I ever coached against. That says something cause I coached vs NBA guys

MSUDawg4Life
03-01-2015, 06:23 PM
@DavidBoydhoops: I told u AAA had to go thru Tookie Brown: 37 points 68-62 win ; best I ever coached against. That says something cause I coached vs NBA guys

Wow.

Can't wait to see what he does here. Quinndary also.

msstate7
03-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Wow.

Can't wait to see what he does here. Quinndary also.

Hopefully they both pan out. Both are winners, which we need. Tookie going for 2nd straight state championship. I think weatherspoon is going for his 3rd, maybe just 2nd.

In tookie's last game, he had 5 at halftime. He finished with 37 in a 6 point win.

Tookie and malik have both scored a little over 3000 career points. That tells you how dominant tookie is in HS. The only question mark on tookie is his size.

smootness
03-01-2015, 07:35 PM

David Boyd is a legend in GA, though he's also a controversial guy. He's coached TONS of talent, though. He was at Berkmar when they dominated the state, then eventually ended up at Milton (where Ryan Gridley came from), and they were just absurdly good for 4-5 years. Ultimately they let him go after the program got hammered over recruiting players and such. He's won 6 state titles at the highest levels in the state, though.

But he has definitely seen a ridiculous amount of talent in his day. He's coached against Wheeler and Norcross and all the top schools in GA that constantly produce major talent.

He also tweeted this - 'Scouts: don't forget to include heart, desire, and guts in your rankings: Tookie Brown is a FIVE star. The best when the best is needed!'
Also - 'I tried box and 1; triangle and 2; straight man; sagging man; zone; nothing worked against Tookie Brown. Best I have seen.'

Boyd is kind of a shady guy with regard to how he runs programs, but again, he's no doubt seen his share of talent. Pretty cool to have him say that about Tookie.

Coach34
03-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Whoa just a minute- his lead recruiter is Wes Flanigan...I thought George Brooks was the only one that could recruit on our staff???

BiscuitEater
03-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Whoa just a minute- his lead recruiter is Wes Flanigan...I thought George Brooks was the only one that could recruit on our staff???

BUT none of the assistants add ANYTHING while the game is going on ... they just sit on the bench and watch the game. They got good seats. During time outs ... they just watch Ray.

smootness
03-01-2015, 08:37 PM
BUT none of the assistants add ANYTHING while the game is going on ... they just sit on the bench and watch the game. They got good seats. During time outs ... they just watch Ray.

How much non-State basketball do you watch? The same could be said for 99.5% of teams around the country.

MSUDawg4Life
03-01-2015, 08:44 PM
How much non-State basketball do you watch? The same could be said for 99.5% of teams around the country.

I was thinking the same thing.

What are they supposed to be doing?

Jacksondevildog
03-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Yeah I made that comment, and I stand by it. Look lost out there at times. Sorry if I offend you.

msstate7
03-01-2015, 08:59 PM
David Boyd is a legend in GA, though he's also a controversial guy. He's coached TONS of talent, though. He was at Berkmar when they dominated the state, then eventually ended up at Milton (where Ryan Gridley came from), and they were just absurdly good for 4-5 years. Ultimately they let him go after the program got hammered over recruiting players and such. He's won 6 state titles at the highest levels in the state, though.

But he has definitely seen a ridiculous amount of talent in his day. He's coached against Wheeler and Norcross and all the top schools in GA that constantly produce major talent.

He also tweeted this - 'Scouts: don't forget to include heart, desire, and guts in your rankings: Tookie Brown is a FIVE star. The best when the best is needed!'
Also - 'I tried box and 1; triangle and 2; straight man; sagging man; zone; nothing worked against Tookie Brown. Best I have seen.'

Boyd is kind of a shady guy with regard to how he runs programs, but again, he's no doubt seen his share of talent. Pretty cool to have him say that about Tookie.

Good info. I've felt good about tookie all along, but even more so now

Coach34
03-01-2015, 09:01 PM

Well, at the UPig game in Sville Ray met with his assts at the beginning of every time-out- then went to talk to the team.

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 08:38 AM
Can Tookie coach offense? Hope so.

TXDawg
03-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Watch the women play. Vic's assistants are CONSTANTLY talking to him during play, pointing out things. They also talk to players that have just been pulled for various reasons.

Vic's assistants are actively involved in the coaching of the game.

Not saying which method is better, just pointing out that they're polar opposites.

BrunswickDawg
03-02-2015, 09:28 AM

The Boyd Brothers are definitely GA Basketball Legends. Cal was great player. The teams from Campbell (82 State Champ) that David coached and Cal was the PG for were unreal. 1980s basketball in Cobb County/Marietta was fun to be around as a kid. Marietta (83 State Champ) had Cedric Henderson (famously signed LOI to 3 schools before "landing" at UGA), and the battles against Campbell were wild.

If you want to see Tookie in the final, you can watch here: http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/associations/ghsa

I'll be watching our local Brunswick High Pirates take on Alatoona for the 5A title.

Coach34
03-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Tookie Monster and Weatherspoon are def going to be solid bench players for us next year...Houston gets better by the game now...Black defends but needs work on the offensive end...We have some solid young guys for the future- just need more of them

smootness
03-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Watch the women play. Vic's assistants are CONSTANTLY talking to him during play, pointing out things. They also talk to players that have just been pulled for various reasons.

Vic's assistants are actively involved in the coaching of the game.

Not saying which method is better, just pointing out that they're polar opposites.

I don't know if it's a difference in the way most women's coaches handle thing vs. men's coaches, or if it's just what Schaefer likes, but again, 99.5% of men's assistants look exactly like our assistants look during the game.

You do see a few teams who have the assistants 'look' more involved, but it is likely just a preference thing from the coach. It certainly doesn't mean the assistants aren't actually doing anything.

Coach34
03-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Some coaches don't like a bunch of different voices yelling things during games. Like Smoot- our guys look like everybody else's assistants.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-02-2015, 11:29 AM
I could easily see a scenario where next year when Weatherspoon & Tookie are playing together we have Weatherspoon initiating the offense & Tookie playing more off the ball. I think it plays into each players strengths.

smootness
03-02-2015, 11:36 AM
I could easily see a scenario where next year when Weatherspoon & Tookie are playing together we have Weatherspoon initiating the offense & Tookie playing more off the ball. I think it plays into each players strengths.

I hope they both get tons of playing time. There's really nothing to lose, this teams needs go-to guys more than just added pieces, so I'll take some freshman mistakes if it means we inject a dynamic component into the offense.

I do think Ready and Tookie will play together a good bit as well. Ready is the classic pass-first PG, though he can score as well as just about anybody on the team, but Tookie is pure scorer.

Coach34
03-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Realistically your gonna see Ready playing 25 mins or so a game with Tookie getting 15 mins...Sword getting 30 mins/game...Weatherspoon getting about 15 also from Sword and then Spoon and Sword playing some mins together is my guess

Coach34
03-02-2015, 11:43 AM
That's a 2 deep rotation per game- what I don't see is playing for an undersized 2 guard that we have redshirting currently

Ifyouonlyknew
03-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Daniel need to be prepared to play some 4 because Houston is coming & coming strong at the 3. You also have Fred who is going to take some minutes there. Play small & press & rotate guys in & out.

msugolf
03-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Daniels doesn't have the mentality to play the 4. He's too soft and lacks aggressiveness. This is where Ray has really botched our roster. We have almost nothing offensively from the 4 and 5 positions on this roster or coming in. And while Zuppardo adds the 3 pt element, he isn't the answer for this team's post issues. People also brag on this teams defensive efforts but if you really watch them most of that comes from the guards. Our post defense is actually pretty bad.

I just don't see any way that next year is going to be a postseason season, even NIT, unless Ray decides to trim some of the fat. Ndoye is a nice story but he's nothing more than a 10-15 min game guy at this level. And if we are expecting on him to be more than that then we're seriously screwed. Black could be a Brandon Vincent clone IF ... he develops.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-02-2015, 12:12 PM
Daniels doesn't have the mentality to play the 4. He's too soft and lacks aggressiveness. This is where Ray has really botched our roster. We have almost nothing offensively from the 4 and 5 positions on this roster or coming in. And while Zuppardo adds the 3 pt element, he isn't the answer for this team's post issues. People also brag on this teams defensive efforts but if you really watch them most of that comes from the guards. Our post defense is actually pretty bad.

I just don't see any way that next year is going to be a postseason season, even NIT, unless Ray decides to trim some of the fat. Ndoye is a nice story but he's nothing more than a 10-15 min game guy at this level. And if we are expecting on him to be more than that then we're seriously screwed. Black could be a Brandon Vincent clone IF ... he develops.

Our most consistent player this year has been our starting 4 Roq Johnson.

Coach34
03-02-2015, 12:13 PM
PG- Ready, Tookie Monster
SG- Chicken, Spoon
SF- Houston, Fred
PF- Zuppardo and Black
C- Ware and Endo

Daniels needs to find something he can do- and Dunlap needs to look at a transfer imo

msugolf
03-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Our most consistent player this year has been our starting 4 Roq Johnson.

And that says it all right there

Ifyouonlyknew
03-02-2015, 12:18 PM
SG- Chicken, Spoon
SF- Houston, Fred
PF- Zuppardo and Black
C- Ware and Endo

Daniels needs to find something he can do- and Dunlap needs to look at a transfer imo

With our shooting woes Dunlap could find an important role on this team if teams continue to zone us as much as they do. He's not a heavy rotation guy but we still don't have any great shooters & he can be that.

smootness
03-02-2015, 12:22 PM
With our shooting woes Dunlap could find an important role on this team if teams continue to zone us as much as they do. He's not a heavy rotation guy but we still don't have any great shooters & he can be that.

I would agree with this, but if he/s not getting time on this team, it's hard to see that changing. Our shooting probably won't be quite this bad again.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-02-2015, 12:25 PM
I would agree with this, but if he/s not getting time on this team, it's hard to see that changing. Our shooting probably won't be quite this bad again.

Well once he got back healthy we were 4 or 5 games in the SEC schedule & our rotation was set. We saw he was still eligible to get a RS so we did the right thing. Will we be as bad prolly not with Weatherspoon & Zuppardo. Will be a good or even an avg 3pt shooting team? I don't believe so. Zuppardo is a pretty good catch & shoot guy but Weatherspoon is streaky. On a team with very few shooters I don't think you can tell potentially your best shooter adios. If we were a better scoring team yea but a team who struggles to get to 60 no way.

smootness
03-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Well once he got back healthy we were 4 or 5 games in the SEC schedule & our rotation was set. We saw he was still eligible to get a RS so we did the right thing. Will we be as bad prolly not with Weatherspoon & Zuppardo. Will be a good or even an avg 3pt shooting team? I don't believe so. Zuppardo is a pretty good catch & shoot guy but Weatherspoon is streaky. On a team with very few shooters I don't think you can tell potentially your best shooter adios. If we were a better scoring team yea but a team who struggles to get to 60 no way.

I don't think we should tell him to leave, but he may make that decision on his own. He may play some next year, but I can't see it being a lot. A 6'1" guard whose only real asset is his shooting and isn't much of a defender may be able to play a few minutes here and there, but I'm not sure it will be enough to satisfy him.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-02-2015, 12:42 PM
I don't think we should tell him to leave, but he may make that decision on his own. He may play some next year, but I can't see it being a lot. A 6'1" guard whose only real asset is his shooting and isn't much of a defender may be able to play a few minutes here and there, but I'm not sure it will be enough to satisfy him.

Now that I'm ok with. Honestly I only want him for a few minutes here or there. Someone has gone to a zone & we're having 1 of our patented droughts. Break the glass on Dunlap & let him fire away a few times see if we can get them out of the zone. If he's not happy with that role expand your skill set or transfer. I don't think that is unreasonable.

tcdog70
03-02-2015, 03:20 PM
SG- Chicken, Spoon
SF- Houston, Fred
PF- Zuppardo and Black
C- Ware and Endo

Maybe Daniels can Tutor Algebra**

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Now that I'm ok with. Honestly I only want him for a few minutes here or there. Someone has gone to a zone & we're having 1 of our patented droughts. Break the glass on Dunlap & let him fire away a few times see if we can get them out of the zone. If he's not happy with that role expand your skill set or transfer. I don't think that is unreasonable.

For once can we please get some positive turnover from Ray. Use the Dunlap scholly to sign a very good 6'6 skill player (dribbling, passing, shooting) that's a Juco or immediately ready transfer or use it to sign a wide body power forward. We need some weight on a dude down low. Under the rim space eater that hustles. Black and Ndoye both look lost to me on the floor. They have nice height but they really don't offer anything else but height and every blue moon they get a block or dunk.

Coach34
03-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Big difference in Black and Endo-Black will be fine and has some basketball intelligence- Endo is a 7 min per game guy.

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Big difference in Black and Endo-Black will be fine and has some basketball intelligence- Endo is a 7 min per game guy.

Honestly and Engie you can quote me on this, I would replace Ndoye, Black, Daniels, Dunlap. We will get very little out of these four. Of course I'd only do that with a new coach hired first.

smootness
03-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Honestly and Engie you can quote me on this, I would replace Ndoye, Black, Daniels, Dunlap. We will get very little out of these four. Of course I'd only do that with a new coach hired first.

Do you understand the concept of a freshman?

Daniels and Dunlap, you could have a point on, even with Dunlap himself being a freshman. Ndoye and Black? They were never supposed to be guys who carried the team this year. They're developmental guys.

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 05:24 PM
Do you understand the concept of a freshman?

Daniels and Dunlap, you could have a point on, even with Dunlap himself being a freshman. Ndoye and Black? They were never supposed to be guys who carried the team this year. They're developmental guys.

They can develop themselves. Just not at MSU anymore. I'm cutthroat when we suck. LSU has Hornsby. Ole Miss has Moody. I want those type players brought in. Those players are ready to start day 1.

msstate7
03-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Black will be a good player. He shouldn't be encouraged to go anywhere

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Death, Taxes, and Undersized point guards during the Rick Ray era.

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Black will be a good player. He shouldn't be encouraged to go anywhere

Dunlap averages more points than Black.

msstate7
03-02-2015, 05:47 PM
Dunlap averages more points than Black.
He's a freshman. Charles Rhodes avg 2.9 points a game as a freshman. Glad you didn't run him off.

Not saying black is gonna be Rhodes good. Just saying be a little patient. Look at the difference between johnson his freshman year to now

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 05:54 PM
He's a freshman. Charles Rhodes avg 2.9 points a game as a freshman. Glad you didn't run him off.

Not saying black is gonna be Rhodes good. Just saying be a little patient. Look at the difference between johnson his freshman year to now

I have no patience when we suck. I understand you like him though so I'll ease off.

msstate7
03-02-2015, 05:58 PM
I have no patience when we suck. I understand you like him though so I'll ease off.

If I say I like ray will you ease off him too?***

My patience with ray is stretching thin...

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 06:12 PM
If I say I like ray will you ease off him too?***

My patience with ray is stretching thin...

If I actually thought you liked Ray maybe but I just think you like Tookie, Spoon and Simonds and you're afraid we'll lose them through the change. Never ever let recruits dictate whose the HC. "Learn this you will." Yoda

Coach34
03-02-2015, 06:16 PM

You wanted to cut Thomas from the team before the season- so pretty much everything you post is up for scrutiny. Black is going to be a decent player- Dunlap? Not so much

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 06:19 PM
You wanted to cut Thomas from the team before the season- so pretty much everything you post is up for scrutiny. Black is going to be a decent player- Dunlap? Not so much

Yea cause Thomas is All-SEC.****

msstate7
03-02-2015, 06:33 PM
If I actually thought you liked Ray maybe but I just think you like Tookie, Spoon and Simonds and you're afraid we'll lose them through the change. Never ever let recruits dictate whose the HC. "Learn this you will." Yoda

If we lose ray, we'll lose simonds. If Ray bombs next season, I want em gone if it costs us every player we have. I'm trying to keep an open mind about ray and hope more talent next year results in postseason.

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 06:52 PM
If we lose ray, we'll lose simonds. If Ray bombs next season, I want em gone if it costs us every player we have. I'm trying to keep an open mind about ray and hope more talent next year results in postseason.

Open mind sounds more like a blind eye to me. You can't ignore the suck. Ignoring the suck and hoping for magical turnarounds only extends the suck even longer and we are at a critical point in time that will influence the next four year path we take. Us waiting just one more year will bite us in the ass for a long time continuously. The time to fire Ray is after THIS YEAR not after next year.

msstate7
03-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Open mind sounds more like a blind eye to me. You can't ignore the suck. Ignoring the suck and hoping for magical turnarounds only extends the suck even longer and we are at a critical point in time that will influence the next four year path we take. Us waiting just one more year will bite us in the ass for a long time continuously. The time to fire Ray is after THIS YEAR not after next year.

Don't convince me. Convince SS. I know ray will be back so I'm pulling for him. If SS does pull the trigger, I'll pull for the new coach

Homedawg
03-02-2015, 07:29 PM

So, you want a full roster of 13 and want these all cut? Makes sense.

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 07:32 PM
So, you want a full roster of 13 and want these all cut? Makes sense.

Replaced with better players. Still a full 13. It's called positive turnover.

smootness
03-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Replaced with better players. Still a full 13. It's called positive turnover.

You want a team full of JUCOs. It's ridiculous.

Coach34
03-02-2015, 08:56 PM

We brag about the player development and redshirting of our football and baseball coaches- but want instant success from basketball. OK

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 09:09 PM

The number wouldn't be so high if we didn't suck and have so many players less than acceptable SEC talent wise. Sign better players and the positive turnover numbers come down. Win more games and the positive turnover comes down. When we win 20+ games I'm no longer asking for a 25% turnover rate every year. When we suck assholes the number is high. Ray could blindfold himself and walk into a college gym on a Saturday anywhere and pick four guys better than Ndoye, Daniels, Black and Dunlap. Of the 600 transfers last year in basketball I bet 400 of them are better than all four those names.

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 09:13 PM
We brag about the player development and redshirting of our football and baseball coaches- but want instant success from basketball. OK

Our football team would suck more than Vandy if they redshirted and attempted to develop the football equivalent of Ray's back of the bench players.

MabenMaroon
03-02-2015, 09:21 PM
All this talk about about how undersized shooting guards won't cut it, ... hmmm! ... can you say Stephon Moody?

tcdog70
03-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Basketball fortunes can change with a couple of talented players.If after a year a Coach realizes he has players that will not fit then a smart Coach will let them go and bring in some transfers of His own. We need a Moody. Ray just doesn't seem to have any kind of recruiting network. Transfers or JuCo players that other Coaches rely on are just not in His resume. That could be the reason we sux. There is absolutely no reason after 3 years that we have only one sorta decent point guard that almost every other teams point guard has a career game against.

smootness
03-02-2015, 09:26 PM
All this talk about about how undersized shooting guards won't cut it, ... hmmm! ... can you say Stephon Moody?

Haha this is a great point.

As I've said from day one, any issues Ready has have little to do with his size. If his defense isn't great, it's not because he's too small. Same with his shot. Moody gets really high on his shot, which helps, but guys are rarely shooting with a guy literally in their face almost blocking their shot anyway.

I'm fine with Ray going after smaller point guards if they're talented enough. I believe Ready and Tookie are both talented enough.

tcdog70
03-02-2015, 09:29 PM

He is strong, can create his own shot , doesn't turn the ball over and has a 40 in vertical. Who is our undersized guard that can do,this?

smootness
03-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Basketball fortunes can change with a couple of talented players.If after a year a Coach realizes he has players that will not fit then a smart Coach will let them go and bring in some transfers of His own. We need a Moody. Ray just doesn't seem to have any kind of recruiting network. Transfers or JuCo players that other Coaches rely on are just not in His resume. That could be the reason we sux. There is absolutely no reason after 3 years that we have only one sorta decent point guard that almost every other teams point guard has a career game against.

To some degree, sure. I'm not saying we shouldn't bring in any transfers. But Dawg61 has before, and is again, suggesting that we should kick multiple players off the team and replace them with either JUCOs, transfers, or kids from Sanderson. That's just insane.

Not to mention that any transfers will have to sit out a year, and we already know that any player you bring in who can't play immediately, thus leaving you with less than 13 scholarship players able to play at all times, is going to met with severe disapproval from him.

msstate7
03-02-2015, 09:35 PM
He is strong, can create his own shot , doesn't turn the ball over and has a 40 in vertical. Who is our undersized guard that can do,this?

I'd say tookie can create his own shot. He's scored over 3,000 in his career.

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 09:44 PM
To some degree, sure. I'm not saying we shouldn't bring in any transfers. But Dawg61 has before, and is again, suggesting that we should kick multiple players off the team and replace them with either JUCOs, transfers, or kids from Sanderson. That's just insane.

Not to mention that any transfers will have to sit out a year, and we already know that any player you bring in who can't play immediately, thus leaving you with less than 13 scholarship players able to play at all times, is going to met with severe disapproval from him.

There's immediately ready D1 transfers all over the place. D2 and D3 also don't have to sit. Jucos don't have to sit. There's hundreds and hundreds of players ready to play each year. We need to be getting our share of them just like every single decent team in America is taking advantage of and getting RIGHT NOW.

Guess as of right now how many players I'm saying do this with next year? Zero. That can and most likely will change based on who shows they can't cut the mustard. Cohen cuts players left and right. Mullen too. Get of your ****ing high horse already. Basketball is the scumiest sport of all and you want Mother Teresa as head coach at MSU. We're gonna suck for a decade straight.

MSUDawg4Life
03-02-2015, 09:47 PM
While I would like to see more talent on the team, I'm not sure I'm wiling to stoop to bashing individual players.

These guys you all are dissing right now are still Dawgs and still deserve our support as long as they wear that uniform.

Just my opinion ....

Homedawg
03-02-2015, 10:02 PM
There's immediately ready D1 transfers all over the place. D2 and D3 also don't have to sit. Jucos don't have to sit. There's hundreds and hundreds of players ready to play each year. We need to be getting our share of them just like every single decent team in America is taking advantage of and getting RIGHT NOW.

Guess as of right now how many players I'm saying do this with next year? Zero. That can and most likely will change based on who shows they can't cut the mustard. Cohen cuts players left and right. Mullen too. Get of your ****ing high horse already. Basketball is the scumiest sport of all and you want Mother Teresa as head coach at MSU. We're gonna suck for a decade straight.

Immediately ready d1 transfers all over the place??? Really? All over the place huh? Pipe dream man. I get it you don't like RR, and I'm ok w that. But your answers to fix the problem, such as this, are just not well thought out period.

smootness
03-02-2015, 10:03 PM

I'm not suggesting we not cut multiple players and bring in several JUCO/transfer/D2 players because it isn't the 'right thing to do,' though we can have that discussion if you want. I'm suggesting not doing that because it's a terrible way to run a program.

If you're a big-time program with a big-time coach who can continue to bring in top players, you may be able to withstand that, at least for a while. But you're going to find it harder and harder to recruit basketball players for yourself by doing that. You won't find a single successful program anywhere that routinely cuts multiple players, especially guys they just recruited, to bring in a bunch of transfers.

And I see that no, you're not necessarily suggesting we get a bunch of JUCOs. You're suggesting we cut a freshman who had several other Power 5 offers (Oklahoma, Wichita State, Ole Miss) for D2 and D3 players. Awesome.

Homedawg
03-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Another factor you aren't taking into account is apr- doing it your way is a great way to get pounded by it.

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 10:32 PM
I'm not suggesting we not cut multiple players and bring in several JUCO/transfer/D2 players because it isn't the 'right thing to do,' though we can have that discussion if you want. I'm suggesting not doing that because it's a terrible way to run a program.

If you're a big-time program with a big-time coach who can continue to bring in top players, you may be able to withstand that, at least for a while. But you're going to find it harder and harder to recruit basketball players for yourself by doing that. You won't find a single successful program anywhere that routinely cuts multiple players, especially guys they just recruited, to bring in a bunch of transfers.

And I see that no, you're not necessarily suggesting we get a bunch of JUCOs. You're suggesting we cut a freshman who had several other Power 5 offers (Oklahoma, Wichita State, Ole Miss) for D2 and D3 players. Awesome.

**** sakes man. We are HORRIBLE in basketball and we haven't had ONE SINGLE TRANSFER in the last three years. Not one single one. Name me another Power 5 team that can say that. WE ARENT PLAYING THE SAME GAME AS EVERYONE ELSE! We have to get transfers/jucos to survive!

msstate7
03-02-2015, 10:33 PM
**** sakes man. We are HORRIBLE in basketball and we haven't had ONE SINGLE TRANSFER in the last three years. Not one single one. Name me another Power 5 team that can say that. WE ARENT PLAYING THE SAME GAME AS EVERYONE ELSE! We have to get transfers/jucos to survive!

Daniels and zuppardo

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Daniels and zuppardo are JUCOs I said TRANSFERS

fify

msstate7
03-02-2015, 10:45 PM
fify

You said in your last sentence of post I responded to that we have to get transfers/jucos to survive

TheRef
03-02-2015, 10:45 PM
fify

No.....you said JUCOs/Transfers

We have to get transfers/jucos to survive!

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 10:50 PM
No.....you said JUCOs/Transfers

Jesus. I'm not saying only get transfers. Im simply pointing out we are the only school anywhere that hasn't gotten one single one in the last three years. I'm getting off this argument now. Thanks.

TheRef
03-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Jesus. I'm not saying only get transfers. Im simply pointing out we are the only school anywhere that hasn't gotten one single one in the last three years. I'm getting off this argument now. Thanks.

BUT WE HAVE GOTTEN TRANSFERS, FFS. You're saying we haven't gotten a JUCO or Transfer in 3 years, yet we've gotten JUCOs in the past three years. Christ....you literally cannot function right now, 61. Step away from the keyboard for a bit.

Dawg61
03-02-2015, 11:11 PM
BUT WE HAVE GOTTEN TRANSFERS, FFS. You're saying we haven't gotten a JUCO or Transfer in 3 years, yet we've gotten JUCOs in the past three years. Christ....you literally cannot function right now, 61. Step away from the keyboard for a bit.

No. My last sentence was implying to not only get transfers. You misinterpreted the paragraph. It isn't worth getting heated over. I'm stepping off.

Quaoarsking
03-02-2015, 11:59 PM

Are you seriously arguing that all 64 other P5 teams have gotten at least 1 D1 transfer in the past 3 years and we are literally the only one that hasn't?

Dawg61
03-03-2015, 12:11 AM
Are you seriously arguing that all 64 other P5 teams have gotten at least 1 D1 transfer in the past 3 years and we are literally the only one that hasn't?

If you can find one it'll be news to me.

Quaoarsking
03-03-2015, 08:28 AM
If you can find one it'll be news to me.

I'm not going to scour the archives to look for previous years, but just in the SEC for 2014-15:
Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Georgia, and Mississippi State have no D1 transfers on their current roster. Tennessee technically has one, a walkon grad transfer from IUPUI who has played in 3 games, so I wouldn't really count him.

That's over 1/3 of the SEC alone without a transfer currently. Perhaps some of those schools have had one in the last 3 years that have already left, but I think it's safe to say you could find a few schools if you looked through every teams' recent rosters.

msstate7
03-03-2015, 08:37 AM
The Boyd Brothers are definitely GA Basketball Legends. Cal was great player. The teams from Campbell (82 State Champ) that David coached and Cal was the PG for were unreal. 1980s basketball in Cobb County/Marietta was fun to be around as a kid. Marietta (83 State Champ) had Cedric Henderson (famously signed LOI to 3 schools before "landing" at UGA), and the battles against Campbell were wild.

If you want to see Tookie in the final, you can watch here: http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/associations/ghsa

I'll be watching our local Brunswick High Pirates take on Alatoona for the 5A title.

What day and time is tookie's game? I plan on watching

chef dixon
03-03-2015, 08:59 AM
So funny that you guys are read to ship Dunlap out of town after a couple games, but see so much in.... Oliver Black.

smootness
03-03-2015, 11:37 AM
What day and time is tookie's game? I plan on watching

It's Saturday, and I believe it's at 4:45 ET / 3:45 CT.

Dawg61
03-03-2015, 11:47 AM
So funny that you guys are read to ship Dunlap out of town after a couple games, but see so much in.... Oliver Black.

Exactly

Dawg61
03-03-2015, 12:01 PM
I'm not going to scour the archives to look for previous years, but just in the SEC for 2014-15:
Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Georgia, and Mississippi State have no D1 transfers on their current roster. Tennessee technically has one, a walkon grad transfer from IUPUI who has played in 3 games, so I wouldn't really count him.

That's over 1/3 of the SEC alone without a transfer currently. Perhaps some of those schools have had one in the last 3 years that have already left, but I think it's safe to say you could find a few schools if you looked through every teams' recent rosters.

Tennessee had the Memphis PG transfer last year. Kentucky had Ryan Harrow the guard transfer from NC State. MSU has had zero and we suck but atleast we get to sit on our high horse and act like we are above signing transfers.

tcdog70
03-03-2015, 01:22 PM
I'd say tookie can create his own shot. He's scored over 3,000 in his career.

Not saying he can't. But he comes from 3-A ball. Do you not think Dunlap wasn't a big scorer. Ready was a scorer. I don't know if you remember Tom Shuburth-SP. He was a short shooting guard from a while back. Back when we used to play ball about 3 nights a week, we played a bunch of ex athletes from State. Tom was on their team. that night he burned it up. I asked Him if he could shoot like that why didn't he score more . He laughed and said It is a different game in the SEC. Just because you can score in HighSchool doesn't mean you can in D1. Who remembers Robert Woodard he was MS all time leading scorer in High School and He was like the 7th man for Us and wasn't a scorer. How about let's let Tookie get here and we will see. By the way I think Woodard has a son that will be a recruit soon.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Not saying he can't. But he comes from 3-A ball. Do you not think Dunlap wasn't a big scorer. Ready was a scorer. I don't know if you remember Tom Shuburth-SP. He was a short shooting guard from a while back. Back when we used to play ball about 3 nights a week, we played a bunch of ex athletes from State. Tom was on their team. that night he burned it up. I asked Him if he could shoot like that why didn't he score more . He laughed and said It is a different game in the SEC. Just because you can score in HighSchool doesn't mean you can in D1. Who remembers Robert Woodard he was MS all time leading scorer in High School and He was like the 7th man for Us and wasn't a scorer. How about let's let Tookie get here and we will see. By the way I think Woodard has a son that will be a recruit soon.

Not to get in this back & forth deal but neither Ready or Dunlap avg 20ppg in HS. Tookie has avg over 25ppg each of the last 2yrs & 20ppg the last 3yrs. I agree we have to see how his game translates to the SEC but just going off what all 3 did in HS Tookie is a far better scorer than the other 2.

smootness
03-03-2015, 01:48 PM

Yes, we won't know anything until Tookie gets here.

But 3A in Georgia isn't a joke. And I'm sorry, but bringing up an example of somebody who looked really good in pick-up games but didn't score much in the SEC isn't exactly going to help your argument.

Dawg61 wants us to get a Moody-type guy. Well, we're bringing in somebody of a similar size and who is at least a similar type scorer, who is actually a higher-ranked recruit than Moody was even coming out of JUCO, but that isn't good enough.

I just don't know what you guys want. We all want to have better players right now. And we all want better players next year and beyond as well. But we can't have better players right now, and no matter who we get, whether it's a HS kid or a transfer, we won't know how good they are until they show up on campus.

I really like what Tookie seems to bring to the table. Will it be effective in the SEC? I have no idea. But we also wouldn't have any idea if some 4-star 6'5" SG is going to be good until they show up, either. Oh yeah, we're bringing in one of those, too.

We'll see what Tookie is, but playing 3A ball in Georgia and lighting up the scoreboard in HS certainly are not evidence that he won't be good in college. He seems to bring a lot to the table. I'm excited to see if he can make a difference next year.

thf24
03-03-2015, 01:56 PM
He seems to bring a lot to the table. I'm excited to see if he can make a difference next year.

I'm more excited about his handling than his scoring. In his film he looks to be an elite handler, good passer, and have that unteachable knack for protecting the ball that a lot of our guys now seem to lack. That could go a long way towards cutting down the turnovers.

chef dixon
03-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Exactly

I'd like to add to it but to not want Dunlap to get more involved is so ridiculous. Believe it or not, he actually has some natural basketball skills (you know being able to shoot and stuff important for basketball), which has been severely lacking under Ray. We can continue to bring in guys and feel good about their size and athleticism like Black/Houston/Ndoye and we will continue to play sloppy with poor fundamentals and brick the ever living shit out of every jump shot. I'm not saying you don't need some of these type guys, but until we mix in some actual basketball players who have high game IQ and are fluid/composed with their shots and ball movement, we will look the same on the court. I'm not saying Dunlap is the answer to anything, but to just throw him out of the equation with our current roster and pathetic display on the court is ignorant. I don't care how tall they come, this team needs skill, bad.

Dawg61
03-03-2015, 02:04 PM

But 3A in Georgia isn't a joke. And I'm sorry, but bringing up an example of somebody who looked really good in pick-up games but didn't score much in the SEC isn't exactly going to help your argument.

Dawg61 wants us to get a Moody-type guy. Well, we're bringing in somebody of a similar size and who is at least a similar type scorer, who is actually a higher-ranked recruit than Moody was even coming out of JUCO, but that isn't good enough.

I just don't know what you guys want. We all want to have better players right now. And we all want better players next year and beyond as well. But we can't have better players right now, and no matter who we get, whether it's a HS kid or a transfer, we won't know how good they are until they show up on campus.

I really like what Tookie seems to bring to the table. Will it be effective in the SEC? I have no idea. But we also wouldn't have any idea if some 4-star 6'5" SG is going to be good until they show up, either. Oh yeah, we're bringing in one of those, too.

We'll see what Tookie is, but playing 3A ball in Georgia and lighting up the scoreboard in HS certainly are not evidence that he won't be good in college. He seems to bring a lot to the table. I'm excited to see if he can make a difference next year.

I don't want Moody's size. I want Moody's ability to score and his fearlessness. Overall I want a good HC that can develop players offensively. I want a team full of good skilled players. Passing, dribbling, shooting. I also want positive roster turnover until we no longer suck. When we are in the NCAA tournament again I'll stop asking for player turnover. Till then all I see is four spots that can be used to add a Hornsby or Moody type player. Maybe a couple Brandon Vincent and Michael Gholar types too. I see upgrades.

smootness
03-03-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm more excited about his handling than his scoring. In his film he looks to be an elite handler, good passer, and have that unteachable knack for protecting the ball that a lot of our guys now seem to lack. That could go a long way towards cutting down the turnovers.

Ready himself is a really, really good ball-handler. It will definitely be nice to always have a PG in the game that you trust bringing the ball up and running the offense.

smootness
03-03-2015, 02:07 PM
I don't want Moody's size. I want Moody's ability to score and his fearlessness. Overall I want a good HC that can develop players offensively. I want a team full of good skilled players. Passing, dribbling, shooting. I also want positive roster turnover until we no longer suck. When we are in the NCAA tournament again I'll stop asking for player turnover. Till then all I see is four spots that can be used to add a Hornsby or Moody type player. Maybe a couple Brandon Vincent and Michael Gholar types too. I see upgrades.

So, ability to score; fearlessness; skilled in passing, dribbling, and shooting. So what Tookie seems to be. And obviously if you really like Moody, then size isn't an issue with Tookie. That was my point.

ETA: I hope you realize that if we literally brought in Moody last year, you would likely be complaining about him because he wasn't rated highly at all coming out of JUCO, and his numbers weren't incredible there.

Dawg61
03-03-2015, 02:08 PM
I'd like to add to it but to not want Dunlap to get more involved is so ridiculous. Believe it or not, he actually has some natural basketball skills (you know being able to shoot and stuff important for basketball), which has been severely lacking under Ray. We can continue to bring in guys and feel good about their size and athleticism like Black/Houston/Ndoye and we will continue to play sloppy with poor fundamentals and brick the ever living shit out of every jump shot. I'm not saying you don't need some of these type guys, but until we mix in some actual basketball players who have high game IQ and are fluid/composed with their shots and ball movement, we will look the same on the court. I'm not saying Dunlap is the answer to anything, but to just throw him out of the equation with our current roster and pathetic display on the court is ignorant. I don't care how tall they come, this team needs skill, bad.

Seems to me that Dunlap's issues are more attitude/team chemistry than lack of talent.

Dawg61
03-03-2015, 02:12 PM
So, ability to score; fearlessness; skilled in passing, dribbling, and shooting. So what Tookie seems to be. And obviously if you really like Moody, then size isn't an issue with Tookie. That was my point.

ETA: I hope you realize that if we literally brought in Moody last year, you would likely be complaining about him because he wasn't rated highly at all coming out of JUCO, and his numbers weren't incredible there.

I'm very high on Tookie. He looks better than Ready right now to me. The point about Moody is not cloning the freak midget for us but that Ole Miss has been able to add transfers and jucos every year that are starting for them. I want that not Moody. I want starters added each year or big contributors. No excuse not to be taking advantage of the 600 transfers happening every year in BB.

engie
03-03-2015, 02:55 PM
We need a center. Badly. One that will be ready to start in 2016, whether you can get it from the highschool, juco, or transfer ranks. Not at all convinced that Ndoye can ever adequately fill that role. And we'll potentially have 4 power forwards. Need to square that away as well...

Goat from MSU
03-03-2015, 04:12 PM
We should have gotten Bradley Hayes 3 years ago. I know he does not play much for Greogetown but he would have played a bunch here.
We need a center. Badly. One that will be ready to start in 2016, whether you can get it from the highschool, juco, or transfer ranks. Not at all convinced that Ndoye can ever adequately fill that role. And we'll potentially have 4 power forwards. Need to square that away as well...

tcdog70
03-03-2015, 04:59 PM

Smoot--I'm not saying he won't be the next Super D. But don't get all wooly till you see Him Play at the HUMP. The Guy I played in a pick-up game played in the SEC-he wasn't just some Guy. My team was made up ofEX- JUCO players we weren't chopped liver. Some people swore that Travis Daniel was going to be all-sec.

I hope he is-cause if he is what you think we might improve a lot, because we have no one that can shoot and handle the ball now. we are piss poor at PG. I just wonder can he defend?

tcdog70
03-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Ready himself is a really, really good ball-handler. It will definitely be nice to always have a PG in the game that you trust bringing the ball up and running the offense.

I wouldn't call Ready a good ball-handler-He turns the ball over way too much. He can't break a press off the dribble. He has other players bring the Ball up. He also has a hard time driving to the basket. He is an average Ball Handler for the SEC.

Coach34
03-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Who said Travis Daniels was going to be All-SEC???

tcdog70
03-03-2015, 05:09 PM

Engie-you are correct on this Point. A really nice SEC center would go a long way to making Us a Real SEC team.

tcdog70
03-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Who said Travis Daniels was going to be All-SEC???

So you are denying your LOVE for TD? You ready to throw him away so quickly? and Yall had should good thing going--Dogging Pollard and Praising TD. Saying Colin was a dog and Travis would be so much better.

smootness
03-03-2015, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't call Ready a good ball-handler-He turns the ball over way too much. He can't break a press off the dribble. He has other players bring the Ball up. He also has a hard time driving to the basket. He is an average Ball Handler for the SEC.

Ready averages 1.3 TO/game. That's very, very few for a starting PG.

He is an extremely good ball-handler. He routinely dribbles in traffic and rarely is in danger of having it stolen.

engie
03-03-2015, 05:32 PM
I'll be honest -- I thought Daniels would give us a helluva lot more than he has. He's got to be the most freshman-ish 4th year player I've ever seen in games. A ton of talent, but a ton of stupid mistakes and periods of time where he goes totally timid. I don't understand it. He's one of those guys that's an entirely different practice players.

At this point, we just need some damn gamers. I think Weatherspoon can be that -- know Sword is that -- think Tookie can be that -- and some evidence points to Zuppardo being that.

All that to say -- I'm less convinced that we can get to where we need to be today after the performance at South Carolina. We've lost games we should have won there and at home against Bama even after "we got it going in the right direction"....

tcdog70
03-04-2015, 11:22 AM
Ready averages 1.3 TO/game. That's very, very few for a starting PG.

He is an extremely good ball-handler. He routinely dribbles in traffic and rarely is in danger of having it stolen.

how many assists? He rarely dribble in traffic because he stays outside the 3 point line letting Chicken drive to the basket.

TheRef
03-04-2015, 11:27 AM
how many assists? He rarely dribble in traffic because he stays outside the 3 point line letting Chicken drive to the basket.

2.3 Assist/Game

maroonmania
03-04-2015, 11:27 AM
I'll be honest -- I thought Daniels would give us a helluva lot more than he has. He's got to be the most freshman-ish 4th year player I've ever seen in games. A ton of talent, but a ton of stupid mistakes and periods of time where he goes totally timid. I don't understand it. He's one of those guys that's an entirely different practice players.

At this point, we just need some damn gamers. I think Weatherspoon can be that -- know Sword is that -- think Tookie can be that -- and some evidence points to Zuppardo being that.

All that to say -- I'm less convinced that we can get to where we need to be today after the performance at South Carolina. We've lost games we should have won there and at home against Bama even after "we got it going in the right direction"....

Yea, looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. However, I never had really high hopes for a guy that barely averaged double figures in JUCO and had no other SEC offers.

Goat from MSU
03-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Hey Ref time to lock this one up too.

maroonmania
03-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Will say before the lock that I am looking forward to seeing what Tookie Brown can do for us on the court next year given his HS performances.

msstate7
03-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Will say before the lock that I am looking forward to seeing what Tookie Brown can do for us on the court next year given his HS performances.

Cautiously optimistic. He's obviously got game, but can he overcome small stature

Goat from MSU
03-04-2015, 12:29 PM
I am too . He looks good on film.

maroonmania
03-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Cautiously optimistic. He's obviously got game, but can he overcome small stature

He can be our own version of Spud Webb.

msstate7
03-04-2015, 01:46 PM
He can be our own version of Spud Webb.

Yep. No pressure tookie... Just be as good as an nba legend haha

Coach34
03-04-2015, 04:09 PM
So you are denying your LOVE for TD? You ready to throw him away so quickly? and Yall had should good thing going--Dogging Pollard and Praising TD. Saying Colin was a dog and Travis would be so much better.

Daniels is a practice warrior apparently. He has shown flashes- and then disappears. Pollard is going for 11 and 6 at Houston on a team that is 2-14 in league play

Common opponent:

Daniels went for 13 and 9 vs Tulane earlier this year
Pollard 16 and 9 vs Tulane

tcdog70
03-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Daniels is a practice warrior apparently. He has shown flashes- and then disappears. Pollard is going for 11 and 6 at Houston on a team that is 2-14 in league play

Common opponent:

Daniels went for 13 and 9 vs Tulane earlier this year
Pollard 16 and 9 vs Tulane

good Stats Coach. but Pollard Starts and Travis is a sometimer. It is too bad because they both have the tools to be much better. If they had Roq's energy they could be awesome.

thf24
03-04-2015, 04:31 PM
I still think Daniels has way more potential than he's mostly shown thus far, and could have a great senior season if he spends some time with some kind of basketball guru over the summer to build his confidence up. One of my biggest criticisms of Ray is that he's shown little to no ability to inspire confidence and consistency in players who need it, ie. Daniels and Thomas.

Dawg61
03-04-2015, 05:32 PM

Tookie is a smart player. He will immediately have the best basketball mind on the entire team including coaching staff. He is CONSTANTLY around the basket and gets tons and tons of free points this way. He is the type of player that Ohio State or Indiana gets at the PG position. I am very excited to watch Tookie play next year. He's better than IJ right now. Which means our 2nd PG will be gigantically better than Bloodman. That alone has to be five more wins. We will regress though losing Roq as evident by how we currently cease to exist as an offense when Roq is out of the game. Zuppardo should help on offense but he's really just a slow 3 in a 4 man's body leaving the 4 gaping wide open for someone else to fill. Looks like Black is the only four we have besides Scruggs. Zuppardo is not a 4.

chef dixon
03-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Its pretty clear watching Daniels that he just isn't that good. There is a reason he has been hanging around for a few years and no one else has tried hard to get him on the squad. Unfortunate that we have to bank on strange JUCO players to come in and give us a spark. I feel pretty certain that if Zuppardo played this year we would have the exact same record.

msstate7
03-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Its pretty clear watching Daniels that he just isn't that good. There is a reason he has been hanging around for a few years and no one else has tried hard to get him on the squad. Unfortunate that we have to bank on strange JUCO players to come in and give us a spark. I feel pretty certain that if Zuppardo played this year we would have the exact same record.

I disagree strongly with the zuppardo part. Zuppardo being able to hit 3s would have been worth a couple games. Would we be getting in the nit? Probably not, but our win loss record would be better if only by a game or 2.

chef dixon
03-04-2015, 06:20 PM
I disagree strongly with the zuppardo part. Zuppardo being able to hit 3s would have been worth a couple games. Would we be getting in the nit? Probably not, but our win loss record would be better if only by a game or 2.

You know Borchert was a 3 point assassin too. There's a reason nobody else is bending over backwards to get the JUCO guys we've been bringing in.

msstate7
03-04-2015, 06:30 PM
You know Borchert was a 3 point assassin too. There's a reason nobody else is bending over backwards to get the JUCO guys we've been bringing in.

No one bent over backwards for moody either. OM was his only offer. Daniels and borchert not working out has nothing to do with zuppardo. Am I claiming zuppardo will be a star? No, but I do think he'll be a solid role player

chef dixon
03-04-2015, 06:37 PM
No one bent over backwards for moody either. OM was his only offer. Daniels and borchert not working out has nothing to do with zuppardo. Am I claiming zuppardo will be a star? No, but I do think he'll be a solid role player

Moody also already averaged 16ppg as a freshman at a D1 school

Coach34
03-04-2015, 06:49 PM
good Stats Coach. but Pollard Starts and Travis is a sometimer. It is too bad because they both have the tools to be much better. If they had Roq's energy they could be awesome.

Pollard wouldnt start at Miss State. He would be behind Roq

msstate7
03-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Moody also already averaged 16ppg as a freshman at a D1 school

Then there should've been lots of teams trying to get him

Dawg61
03-04-2015, 06:56 PM

Just a lack of coaches doing their homework. Moody was Sun Belt POY as a freshman I believe. He is a NBA athlete stuck in a pee wee body. He's strong though. Just short.

chef dixon
03-04-2015, 07:04 PM

AK at least had him locked up a year in advance of when he'd be on campus. Zuppardo we pick up last minute, most of our fans had never heard of him, and we try to manufacture excitement about it. I'll believe it when I see it.

Coach34
03-04-2015, 07:13 PM
AK at least had him locked up a year in advance of when he'd be on campus. Zuppardo we pick up last minute, most of our fans had never heard of him, and we try to manufacture excitement about it. I'll believe it when I see it.

him putting on a show in the national juco tournament removed any doubts about him. He will be better than Roq for us next year. Shit- if we had Borchert this year we'd be better