PDA

View Full Version : Mullen signs extension - $4.275 million per year

Dawg496
02-26-2015, 09:24 PM
Per Carskadon tweet

Eta:http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=209909809

civildawg
02-26-2015, 09:26 PM
I believe that's a fair deal, but these coaching salaries are ridiculous. The bubble has to burst soon

Coach34
02-26-2015, 09:27 PM
meh- too much. I think we should have stopped at 4MM

Dawg496
02-26-2015, 09:29 PM
Interested to see what the assistants got. Hopefully salaries went up by a million collectively.

civildawg
02-26-2015, 09:30 PM
Hopefully it has a lot of incentive bonuses like 100k for each sec win or something like that

mstatefan91
02-26-2015, 09:31 PM
I believe that's a fair deal, but these coaching salaries are ridiculous. The bubble has to burst soon

Yeah I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon.

Dawg496
02-26-2015, 09:32 PM
Official release:http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=209909809

Coach34
02-26-2015, 09:34 PM
Interested to see what the assistants got. Hopefully salaries went up by a million collectively.

Assistant salaries were done a month ago

mic
02-26-2015, 09:34 PM
Solid deal... Hopefully big raises for staff were given .. Esp Gonzo and Hughes.
And hopefully there's a nice size buyout with it..

Dawg496
02-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Assistant salaries were done a month ago

I believe you, I'm saying I want to see the new numbers which have not yet been released unless I missed it.

Liverpooldawg
02-26-2015, 09:38 PM
Outstanding.

Liverpooldawg
02-26-2015, 09:40 PM

Philosophically they all make too much. Given the market if you want to play you have to pay.

Bothrops
02-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Good. He's done an awful lot, and has stuck with us.

smootness
02-26-2015, 09:56 PM
There's no bubble. The top coaches make way more than this for their schools.

Bully13
02-26-2015, 10:35 PM
I thought I'd never see the day when a head coach at MSU got 4.2M. I remember when JWS was the 1st million dollar man at A&M. everybody freaked out when Satan got that 5M at bummer. and now we are seeing this shit at Starkvegas. Un 17in believable.

MSUDawg4Life
02-27-2015, 02:50 AM
Philosophically they all make too much. Given the market if you want to play you have to pay.

Not really.

How much would the typical business that generates $75 million in revenue pay in salaries? A lot more than we're paying our staff.

Heck, we get most of the labor to produce the product for free.

Really Clark?
02-27-2015, 07:15 AM
Not really.

How much would the typical business that generates $75 million in revenue pay in salaries? A lot more than we're paying our staff.

Heck, we get most of the labor to produce the product for free.

How do you figure it's free labor? Are the benefits they get for being a scholarship player at no cost to the university? I think there are a lot of people who wish they could get a degree for free.

Coach34
02-27-2015, 08:01 AM
I believe you, I'm saying I want to see the new numbers which have not yet been released unless I missed it.

Hev must have gotten a solid raise- because he told USC they werent offering him near enough for him to leave Sville.

DancingRabbit
02-27-2015, 08:24 AM
I thought I'd never see the day when a head coach at MSU got 4.2M. I remember when JWS was the 1st million dollar man at A&M. everybody freaked out when Satan got that 5M at bummer. and now we are seeing this shit at Starkvegas. Un 17in believable.

Actually, that first aTm contract in 1982 for Jackie that made the news was $1.7M over six years.

Bobby Bowden became the first $1M per year college football coach in 1995.

rbdog82
02-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Someone tweeted last night that one SECW school is going to pay their coach at least $4M to finish last in the conference. That's crazy.

Reason2succeed
02-27-2015, 09:45 AM
How do you figure it's free labor? Are the benefits they get for being a scholarship player at no cost to the university? I think there are a lot of people who wish they could get a degree for free.

Here we go with this argument again.

Who here would work a job for no salary just benefits? Hell, even slaves were/are fed, clothed, trained, etc.

Jack Lambert
02-27-2015, 10:19 AM

I have been buying the Top Dawg tickets. This year I decided to change to Bulldawg Club seats. Those tickets went up a little more than the Top Dawg. I guess this contract had something to do with it.

DancingRabbit
02-27-2015, 10:28 AM

Who here would work a job for no salary just benefits? Hell, even slaves were/are fed, clothed, trained, etc.

Here we go with this ridiculous argument again. Slaves were forced to do the will of Ol' Massa. No one is forcing athletes to go to college and play sports.

I'm all for providing a healthy stipend so players can go to a movie, go on a date, etc. - I think they already get this. but have no problem in bumping that up from time to time.

Johnson85
02-27-2015, 10:32 AM

They are not getting a degree for free. They are for the most part busting their ass for it. The university is getting labor for very depressed prices from student athletes, and the people reaping the benefit of those depressed prices are primarily coaches in non-revenue sports, then players in non-revenue sports, and then Athletic department administrators, and then maybe football coaches.

chef dixon
02-27-2015, 10:33 AM
Who cares how much we pay him. This stuff gets worked out in the end. Plus didn't we make an absurd amount of money last year according to that piece they ran on gameday this year about our brand?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-27-2015, 10:35 AM
I think there are a lot of people who wish they could get a degree for free.

Get a skill. Do better in school & get a scholarship. It's not like regular students don't have a chance to get free education. The same way athletes are the top 5-10%at their designated sport students can be the top 5-10% academically.

starkvegasdawg
02-27-2015, 10:35 AM

Seriously? You're seriously comparing the institution of slavery to the life of a current D1 football player? Let's see...slaves were treated the worst of anybody on the plantation. D1 football player worshipped on campus and the best ones pretty much write their own ticket. Slaves were beaten for making a mistake. D1 football player still gets his $100 handshakes and pick of the choicest tail available. Slaves were forced into servitude. D1 football player voluntarily decides where he wants to play and can leave whenever he wants to. Yeah, they're just alike.

Tbonewannabe
02-27-2015, 10:36 AM
College football is basically an internship for the NFL. How many NFL players don't play college football? I agree that they should get a stipend also but they are getting a good bit of benefits with all living expenses, school paid, and clothing. Also free tutors. It is a year round job now but there are people working their ass off at Little Caesar and going into debt for less benefits.

Political Hack
02-27-2015, 12:33 PM
I compare it to indentured servitude and think it's a fair comparison, although admittingly not quite as severe because there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Living expenses are paid for, but they work non-stop and don't get much if any real money to help them out in the long term. They can parlay their education into something more, if the school actually prioritizes academics, but that's a big IF for most major college football factories.

If schools and others weren't making MILLIONS off the work of the athletes while giving them pennies on the dollar, it wouldn't be a raw deal. However, conferences, schools, states, administrators, coaches, and others are making money hand over fist while the players get a stipend.