2010 Stands- Scoring D? 80th in the country...3 pt D? 92nd
2009 Stands- Scoring D? 196th in the country...3 pt D? 135th

Ray with his 1st complete team is better on D than 3 of Stands last 4 teams

Political Hack
02-26-2015, 09:06 PM
you would brag about 95th.

Liverpooldawg
02-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Which teams had the better record? Spin that.

Political Hack
02-26-2015, 09:09 PM
no need to spin. Take Ray's average and compare it to Stan's average. Take Ray's best and compare it to Stan's best.

In the end though, losers lose and winners win.

Bully13
02-26-2015, 09:10 PM
good Lord why can this not stop

ScoobaDawg
02-26-2015, 09:16 PM
Everyone just click some ads already please so they won't keep trying to generate page clicks.

Goat from MSU
02-26-2015, 09:17 PM
The only stat that counts is win and losses .Stats Noseworthy. Let's not talked about Ray's record

Liverpooldawg
02-26-2015, 09:17 PM
Surely you don't think 34 wants it to stop. Getting rid of Stans is his claim to fame. He did wonders for our basketball program.

BiscuitEater
02-26-2015, 09:18 PM
Ray with his 1st complete team is better on D than 3 of Stands last 4 teamse

What award do they give for finishing the season @ 95th in the country?

Got any more 'trivia' BS comparisons between the two? Only comparison the REALLY matters .... W's v L's. Simple question ... what was the TEAM SEC record '09, '10, '11 & '12 ... compared to Ray's '13, '14 & '15?

Yea, that's what I thought?

Coach34
02-26-2015, 09:22 PM
We're simply talking defense- why is this so hard for the University of Stands?

TheDogFather
02-26-2015, 09:26 PM

Coach34 is making a mockery of this message board.

Coach34
02-26-2015, 09:29 PM
I simply disputed a claim with FACTS. Sorry that hurts your feelings

DudyDawg
02-26-2015, 09:36 PM

Is agree. This shit makes the board hard to read

BiscuitEater
02-26-2015, 09:39 PM
We're simply talking defense- why is this so hard for the University of Stands?

Easy ... you find the most ABSOLUTLY inane statistic to show just how much better off we are with Ray. Problem ... no one but you buys into these 'straw dogs'

Coach34
02-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Is agree. This shit makes the board hard to read

who made you click on it if you dont like it? You clicked on it because you were curious wtf it said. Thats why. Now, you may not like the truth in it- but thats another story.

codeDawg
02-26-2015, 09:53 PM

I wish Ray would either magically become the savior, or completely tank out. We are in basketball purgatory, which is apparently the same place as message board purgatory.

Dawg61
02-26-2015, 10:24 PM
2015 Ray- Scoring D? 95th in the country...3 pt D? 97th

2012 Stands- Scoring D? 194th in the country...3 pt D? 205th
2011 Stands- Scoring D? 236th in the country...3 pt D? 143rd
2010 Stands- Scoring D? 80th in the country...3 pt D? 92nd
2009 Stands- Scoring D? 196th in the country...3 pt D? 135th

Ray with his 1st complete team is better on D than 3 of Stands last 4 teams

Ray's defensive rankings are huge beneficiaries of his Croomball offense. He milks the clock and draws tons of fouls to keep games within striking distance. It slows the game way down thus the other team scores less. We however still lose because our offense is historically awful.

BeardoMSU
02-26-2015, 10:34 PM
http://guycodeblog.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/clutch/2013/11/make-it-stop-o.gif

Coach34
02-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Ray's defensive rankings are huge beneficiaries of his Croomball offense. He milks the clock and draws tons of fouls to keep games within striking distance. It slows the game way down thus the other team scores less. We however still lose because our offense is historically awful.

No- just no

Our FG% D is 97th
3-ball D% is 74th
We are 96th in rebounding

Teams dont shoot well vs us because we ****ing play DEFENSE. Has nothing to do with our Offense. Every measurable has us as a good D

TheDogFather
02-26-2015, 11:22 PM
No- just no

Our FG% D is 97th
3-ball D% is 74th

Teams dont shoot well vs us because we ****ing play DEFENSE. Has nothing to do with our Offense. Every measurable has us as a good D

This is the little kid that eats his boogers and thinks everyone is laughing at him because he is funny. So he keeps on doing it.

RougeDawg
02-26-2015, 11:45 PM
Wait? We are now down to comparing only the Defenses of each coach? Who gives a flying f*ck if Ray's defenses are marginally better than Stan's ones? There is no f*cking comparison as to who oversaw the better offense, even if it was a sh*tty rotation.

What I gather from this thread and many many others is that, we should be satisfied and happy that our program now has a better defense than before, even though our offense is putrid? Am I understanding this correctly? This reminds me of an Engie math argument. "Hey our offense is one of the worst in all of college basketball, but our defense is middle of the pack and slightly better than before, so we are in a better spot now as opposed to before." Here are some screen shots of our offense and defensive stats. Good God, this is getting old. We are horrible offensively, and mediocre at best on defense, yet a handful of people on here act like we are somehow in a great position.

A change was badly needed a few years back, but for some to constantly come on here and try to make chicken salad out of our current chicken sh*t of a basketball program, by picking and choosing data points and stats that support their argument. All the while, completely ignoring other glaring stats and facts that indicate that we are trending in a negative direction and have the least amount of program support since the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

dawgs
02-26-2015, 11:55 PM
No- just no

Our FG% D is 97th
3-ball D% is 74th

so we are a borderline top 100 D. that's like top 30%. not really all that great.

DudyDawg
02-27-2015, 12:08 AM
who made you click on it if you dont like it? You clicked on it because you were curious wtf it said. Thats why. Now, you may not like the truth in it- but thats another story.
Haha what. I've never involved myself in this debate between the two. Why would I care about "the truth in it". I don't care. One guy is gone, one is here. The old one isn't coming back. It's stupid to bicker about like children

fishwater99
02-27-2015, 01:13 AM
so we are a borderline top 100 D. that's like top 30%. not really all that great.

Stands needed to go. Who cares about defense when you can't score any points.
Ray needs to be fired, the question is when. I think we are stuck with Ray for at least one more year.
Our offense is horrible and we are turnover machines under Ray.

dawgs
02-27-2015, 03:08 AM
Stands needed to go. Who cares about defense when you can't score any points.
Ray needs to be fired, the question is when. I think we are stuck with Ray for at least one more year.
Our offense is horrible and we are turnover machines under Ray.

I agree Stans had to go. I also don't see anything out of ray 3 years in that indicates he's ever going to take us any higher than the NIT, and even then, we need everything to break our way (see 2014, December), thus I'd prefer to make a change now. I don't see to see anymore to know what we've got in him.

CottonDog
02-27-2015, 07:50 AM
Who cares? We don't score points. So it doesn't matter how "good" we are on defense.

Coach34
02-27-2015, 07:54 AM
Apparently Hack cares- because he said Stands coached D better- I disagreed. Then I gave stats to back up my side...this isnt hard to understand

CottonDog
02-27-2015, 07:57 AM
Apparently Hack cares- because he said Stands coached D better- I disagreed. Then I gave stats to back up my side...this isnt hard to understand

Well I don't get why either of you care about trivial things such as defensive statistics. Only thing that matters is wins and losses.

Dawgface
02-27-2015, 08:10 AM
Its getting old too. No......its past that point.

TheDogFather
02-27-2015, 08:44 AM

So now we can expect all new threads which are responses to posts in another thread not to be moved or deleted, right? Or is that just for the petty grandstanders?

RougeDawg
02-27-2015, 10:40 AM
So now we can expect all new threads which are responses to posts in another thread not to be moved or deleted, right? Or is that just for the petty grandstanders?

C34 being at the point where he, and a few others with blinders on, only have defensive statistics in their arsenal to defend Rick Ray tells all about the current state of our program. No longer are they arguing the improved performance in conference because 5 wins looks like the ceiling. The offense is among the worst install of collegiate basketball, so that billet is gone. Malik (a legacy recruit) barely even acknowledged us. That bullet is gone. The one last "Ray" of hope these guys have is a 100-150 range defense out of 350 or so teams.

Look Ray supporters, Stans had to go, but stop with this ignorant bs trying to polish a turd. Ray has to go as well. Of all people I would suspect those who pushed Stans out would want to push another coach out if he had equal to or lesser performances than the previous coach they pushed out, right? All stats, monetary figures and w/L's are equal to or lesser than previous coach. If you were so unhappy with the previous coach for equal to better overall program performances, how can you sit here and support the current coach? Hypocritical is the only explanation. Or delusional and hate filled beyond the point of thinking rational. Has to be one or the other.

Political Hack
02-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Facts... Ricky Ray finished 248th and 212th in scoring defense in his only two full seasons of work.

From 2001-2012 Stans averaged 129th, with a high of 8th in the nation one season.

Ray is averaging 185th, with a high of 95th in a partial season where all of our easy games are out of the way and that number is likely to drop.

Facts say, very clearly, that Stans defense was, on average, much better than Ray's.

coastdoglover
02-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Hack, please call Louisiana and see if there is doctor up there who will get him back on his Prozac. I assume until then, we will get a similar post every other day.

Facts... Ricky Ray finished 248th and 212th in scoring defense in his only two full seasons of work.

From 2001-2012 Stans averaged 129th, with a high of 8th in the nation one season.

Ray is averaging 185th, with a high of 95th in a partial season where all of our easy games are out of the way and that number is likely to drop.

Facts say, very clearly, that Stans defense was, on average, much better than Ray's.

MadDawg
02-27-2015, 01:00 PM
Of all people I would suspect those who pushed Stans out would want to push another coach out if he had equal to or lesser performances than the previous coach they pushed out, right? All stats, monetary figures and w/L's are equal to or lesser than previous coach. If you were so unhappy with the previous coach for equal to better overall program performances, how can you sit here and support the current coach? Hypocritical is the only explanation. Or delusional and hate filled beyond the point of thinking rational. Has to be one or the other.

Hard to explain, isn't it?

Goat from MSU
02-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Trying to polish a turd = Priceless ,must start using that one .Oh but how truthful.
C34 being at the point where he, and a few others with blinders on, only have defensive statistics in their arsenal to defend Rick Ray tells all about the current state of our program. No longer are they arguing the improved performance in conference because 5 wins looks like the ceiling. The offense is among the worst install of collegiate basketball, so that billet is gone. Malik (a legacy recruit) barely even acknowledged us. That bullet is gone. The one last "Ray" of hope these guys have is a 100-150 range defense out of 350 or so teams.

Look Ray supporters, Stans had to go, but stop with this ignorant bs trying to polish a turd. Ray has to go as well. Of all people I would suspect those who pushed Stans out would want to push another coach out if he had equal to or lesser performances than the previous coach they pushed out, right? All stats, monetary figures and w/L's are equal to or lesser than previous coach. If you were so unhappy with the previous coach for equal to better overall program performances, how can you sit here and support the current coach? Hypocritical is the only explanation. Or delusional and hate filled beyond the point of thinking rational. Has to be one or the other.

Political Hack
02-28-2015, 09:03 AM
defense could win the day today...