PDA

View Full Version : baseball 2015

berr6728
02-26-2015, 08:54 PM
I am curious how you guys can post things when you never darken the gates at dudy noble' I do not know any of you but I can bet most of you have not seen a game this year. Course it has been bad weather but Danny Baseball and I have not missed a game. I live 4 1/2 hours from here and have seen every game this year. I have watched baseball here for 55 years.

Darryl Berryhill
Class of 1963/65
Box 13 DNF/PDS
1-225-205-1499
berr6728@bellsouth.net

Todd4State
02-26-2015, 09:04 PM
And what is this in reference too? It's not like people are bashing players or coaching decisions.

CooterDavenport
02-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Who are you even calling out? Most people are pretty positive at this point.

Also, you know there's radio and TV, right? People can have informed opinions even when they can't make games--which there are a host of reasons they may not.

I guess we'll all add you to our address books now....

BeardoMSU
02-26-2015, 09:08 PM
Would I be wrong to assume you are a retiree?

berr6728
02-26-2015, 09:24 PM
no you would not be correct for me to be a retiree I still work. Todd I am not talking about bashing players or coaches, just trying to figure how so many of you can come to your conclusions without seeing the players play. Cooter I am not calling anyone out and I am not saying anyone is negative and I don't give a damn if you me add to your address book or not, it was not placed there for that reason. If you don't like post I don't give a damn. As to radio and tv, you miss a lot that you are unable to see when not in person.

Darryl Berryhill
Class of 63/65
Box 13 DNF/PDS
1-225-205-1499
berr6728@bellsouth.net

messageboardsuperhero
02-26-2015, 09:27 PM
Aren't you the guy who called for Cohen's head last season and said you would never go to another game at DNF as long as Cohen was the coach? I can see that you've really followed through with that.**

Smitty
02-26-2015, 09:30 PM
This is a dumb post and I attend 95% of our games.. From 30 mins away.. Again this is dumb.

MsStateBaseball
02-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Daryll, I saw 2 scrimmages in the fall, have seen most of the games on TV. I have see thousands of baseball games, of course over the years. I know baseball. I totally trust the coaches when they say this kid is going to be great, etc. After all these years I know certain things about the game, etc. When Cohen gushes about Michael Smith, I pick up on that and go with it. I don't have to sit on the front row of every game, I wish I could.

PMDawg
02-26-2015, 09:46 PM
What an odd thread.

berr6728
02-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Aren't you the guy who called for Cohen's head last season and said you would never go to another game at DNF as long as Cohen was the coach? I can see that you've really followed through with that.**
You are mistaken, I was not.

Todd4State
02-26-2015, 10:22 PM
Well Daryl, with all due respect, you don't have to actually attend every game to get an idea of what a player can do. MLB and most college teams including us use video to see things that are sometimes missed in person. So sometimes you have a better vantage point on tv than you do with video.

Personally I've seen some of our players when they were on high school and that gives me a reference point on some of our players.

Most of the posters here are good baseball posters. I would go so far as to say the best for a college team. There are always going to be a couple of points that are off here and there and we're not always all going to agree on everything.

That said, most people on here have been nailing the lineup- including Holland at third with Cohen's comments today seeming to agree with us. I said Vance Tatum should start- Cohen gives him a shot and he dominated minus one inning. I had Holland and Heck reversed most of the off season because 98% of the time the guy that is the better athlete starts at SS. Heck has kept the job and that isn't totally shocking since he won an award for defense despite his physical limitations. I have missed on Britton so far but a senior who has been a starter is typically a safe bet. I was high on Gridley, Rooker, and Smith in the off season and said Humphreys should be in the outfield because of what we had on the infield.

I've said that Paul Young was a wild card- and this time it may be a favorable one. Said Ross should move to the pen and the coaches agreed with me on that. I was wrong about Fitts moving to the bullpen, but that looks like it is going to work out.

So, I've had a few misses but nothing that is terrible or a WTF?

Todd4State
02-26-2015, 10:28 PM
Oh and Dakota Hudson has a chance to be Chris Stratton 2.0. He and Young have the best stuff on the staff when they are healthy. If Dakota hadn't had back issues our rotation would be Hudson, Tatum, and Brown going into SEC play. Preston is solid and I like him- but he's given up over a hit an inning and people are hitting .302 off of him.

Coach34
02-26-2015, 10:28 PM
I am curious how you guys can post things when you never darken the gates at dudy noble' I do not know any of you but I can bet most of you have not seen a game this year. Course it has been bad weather but Danny Baseball and I have not missed a game. I live 4 1/2 hours from here and have seen every game this year. I have watched baseball here for 55 years.

Darryl Berryhill
Class of 1963/65
Box 13 DNF/PDS
1-225-205-1499
berr6728@bellsouth.net

Darryl- hey buddy. This is C34. You doing ok? I'm really glad you stopped by to chat with us and thank you for being an Elitedawg.

They invented this thing called the internet- which came around long after the television. Every game we have had this year has been watchable thru the internet. While I enjoyed watching the game at DNF Saturday in the freezing wind that was blowing out at about 35 mph- you can still see more watching on the internet broadcast than you can from the outfield drinking beer and grilling. I promise you buddy- all is ok here.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-26-2015, 10:45 PM

Darryl Berryhill
Class of 1963/65
Box 13 DNF/PDS
1-225-205-1499
berr6728@bellsouth.net

Thank you for getting drunk and posting on the Internet.

bulldogcountry1
02-26-2015, 10:58 PM
I go to most of the games, and three old ladies regularly sit down from me. They can't remember a player until they have been playing at least three years, but I guess their regular attendance gives them internet cred.

Drugdog
02-26-2015, 11:04 PM
This place is like a Motown hit.....Solid gold.

maroonmania
02-26-2015, 11:09 PM
Nothing like an MSU fan who has a beef with other MSU fans giving their opinions and nobody knows why.

messageboardsuperhero
02-27-2015, 12:43 AM
You are mistaken, I was not.

Yes, it was you- post #298 in this thread: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?15799-MSU-vs-Tennessee-Game-1-Thread/page15&highlight=pathetic+season

You said our 2014 team was the worst MSU team you'd seen in 54 years, and after the UM game, you vowed you'd never go back to DNF until we made a head coaching change. It's plain as day, right there.

War Machine Dawg
02-27-2015, 01:14 AM

Darryl Berryhill
Class of 1963/65
Box 13 DNF/PDS
1-225-205-1499
berr6728@bellsouth.net

http://i.imgur.com/oHfd32H.gif

http://i.imgur.com/2YJ5inX.gif

http://i.imgur.com/rTjkVGl.gif

War Machine Dawg
02-27-2015, 01:15 AM
Yes, it was you- post #298 in this thread: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?15799-MSU-vs-Tennessee-Game-1-Thread/page15&highlight=pathetic+season

You said our 2014 team was the worst MSU team you'd seen in 54 years, and after the UM game, you vowed you'd never go back to DNF until we made a head coaching change. It's plain as day, right there.

Nothing like having it in black and white.

http://i.imgur.com/XWeFdT2.gif

dickiedawg
02-27-2015, 01:40 AM
Why in God's name would you drive 4.5 hours to sit and watch MSU vs Alcorn on a Tuesday in freezing temperature?

RiverCityDawg
02-27-2015, 02:34 AM

Nice find. I would say that warrants a swing of the banhammer, but I would miss the random "wtf" posts.

dickiedawg
02-27-2015, 04:05 AM

vCash
you as Mississippi State follows should realize by now that Cohen is not our answer to our head baseball coach. He is pathetic as a head coach. I have followed MSU baseball for 54 years and this is the most pathetic season I have ever folowred in the 54 years of MSU baseball. We are a horrible team. There is decention on this team and I do know if John knows how to solve it. I will not go back to watch this chatic display of baseball by Cohens coached team. I am in favor of looking at changing who is in charge and that includes our head coach. I am sorry to state this but I left early after the Ole Miss fiasco and vowed I would not go back until we change coaches. We are a sorry example of a baseball team. All you that think we are ok as Gene of Genes page has said are drinking the maroon koolaid we stink as a baseball team.

This was a year AFTER Cohen led us to our highest finish in school history.

sbcmortgageman
02-27-2015, 05:48 AM

Ouch that's gunna leave a mark. Knee deep in Jack Daniels and message board posting don't go together for 'Danny Baseball'.

Coach34
02-27-2015, 07:58 AM
Ron Polk might be at his house telling him what to say

PMDawg
02-27-2015, 08:06 AM
crickets....

bulldogcountry1
02-27-2015, 09:28 AM
I would honestly love to hear Mr. Berryhill's take on this baseball team. I'm sure in his 55 years of watching, he has a lot to bring to the table. I also have a few questions for him.

Do you still think Raffo should have gotten the job?
Do you think Polk handled the whole thing correctly?
Do you think you still deserve a lifetime seat in the new stadium?

MsStateBaseball
02-27-2015, 09:29 AM
Daryl posted on Genespage that he watched infield warmups several times and he noticed how crisp the throwing, catching, etc is. He said that is the best he has seen it in a long time. I know some of you will make a joke of this, bc we do make errors during a game but Daryl knows baseball. I do indeed think as the season progresses this team will get better. We are in for a great year.

bulldogcountry1
02-27-2015, 09:42 AM
He could have came here and mentioned that, as well as offered up some other insight, but he didn't. He just shook finger at us.

engie
02-27-2015, 09:43 AM

Think that was 2 years ago ---

Eta nvm I see you found it.

In all honesty, I bet Daryl is a good dude in person... I go to a box near his and have never had a bad experience up there. I think he just wants the same msu baseball respect of his knowledge and longevity online that I'm sure he gets in person at Dudy noble -- but he's going about it the wrong way

BiscuitEater
02-27-2015, 10:08 AM
I am curious how you guys can post things when you never darken the gates at dudy noble' I do not know any of you but I can bet most of you have not seen a game this year.

I am here in Virginia ... shoveled 10+ inches of snow yesterday ... work is closed today.

Highlight of my day will be watching MSU Baseball on the Big screen (Thanks - SECN & WatchESPN) in front of a roaring fire, complete with an 'adult beverage.'

Haven't made it to Dudy Noble this year but have 'watched' every game that has been broadcast.

chef dixon
02-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Man you guys are tearing apart this old dawg ruthlessly. Give him a break, he's paid his dues to say whatever he wants.

Bob Sacamano
02-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Paid his dues to make ridiculously unwarranted, hypocritical statements? Sure go ahead, be my guest.

And they call my generation the entitled generation.

maroonmania
02-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Think that was 2 years ago ---

Eta nvm I see you found it.

In all honesty, I bet Daryl is a good dude in person... I go to a box near his and have never had a bad experience up there. I think he just wants the same msu baseball respect of his knowledge and longevity online that I'm sure he gets in person at Dudy noble -- but he's going about it the wrong way

Well then, why doesn't he come here and give us his opinion on some things related to this baseball team rather than arrogantly coming over and essentially telling all of us we have no right to even have an opinion. Yea, that always goes over well.

messageboardsuperhero
02-27-2015, 11:16 AM
I don't doubt that Darryl has picked up on some stuff after watching baseball for so long, and I am totally grateful that he has supported the program for all these years. If he wants to come on here and have an actual discussion about baseball, then great. I'd love to have someone with his experience talk baseball on here.

That said, if you're going to come on here and say your opinion is better than everyone else's, after not 9 months ago your opinion was that we should fire Cohen and you'd never come back to DNF while he's the coach- then you should get called out for it. I'm sorry, that's just how it goes. He shouldn't talk down to people who can't make it to every game- especially when many on here live even further away and would love to come watch baseball at DNF but can't. When you look down on everyone else and say they don't have a right to an opinion, you come off as a jerk- and I'm sure Darryl isn't a jerk in real life.

Eta- And for what it's worth, I make it to most games on the weekends too- but it shouldn't give me free reign to look down on other people who can't. The broadcasts are so good now, I really don't think there's much anyone who watches on TV is really missing.

I'm sure Darryl is an awesome guy, but he needs to learn how to just talk baseball instead of making posts about how everyone's opinion is wrong unless they go to every single game. Goat used to try pulling that same shit too.

maroonmania
02-27-2015, 11:31 AM
Well then, why doesn't he come here and give us his opinion on some things related to this baseball team rather than arrogantly coming over and essentially telling all of us we have no right to even have an opinion. Yea, that always goes over well.

And just to add, if you watch games consistently on Hail State plus/SECN+, which a lot of us here do when we can't physically be there, then you have as much information to form opinions on things as anyone sitting in the stands every game.

I seen it dawg
02-27-2015, 11:49 AM
Ron Polk might be at his house telling him what to say

Hell it may be him... Hey Coach Polk

Ralph
02-27-2015, 11:58 AM
I live in Colorado so...

I'm a season ticket holder and haven't been to a game since 2010 (I donate them). Thank goodness for Hailstatetv and now secn+. I'm sure im not the only one.