PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Threads

Raytoraid83
02-26-2015, 12:21 PM
If anyone needs proof a change needs to be made in our basketball program, click on anyone of these threads. The fanbase is completely split and Ray isn't changing that. (C34 does a nice job of keeping it this way with the "Stans" threads, but hey it gets good views) Should end all arguments...

msstate7
02-26-2015, 01:00 PM
This will come to a head next season. Ray will get it done or he'll be gone. I just hope if ray does get it right, the stansbury guys will give Ray support

BulldogDX55
02-26-2015, 01:17 PM
Yeah, if you don't like him, just wait it out. Next year is the last in his contract, so he will either take us somewhere in post season play or he will be released with no money owed and we will find someone else, who will likely walk into a better situation than Ray did. For now, just support the program even if you do not like the coach. I think he will be gone after next season, but I'd rather be surprised by a big turn around.

MadDawg
02-26-2015, 01:40 PM
Yeah, if you don't like him, just wait it out. Next year is the last in his contract, so he will either take us somewhere in post season play or he will be released with no money owed and we will find someone else, who will likely walk into a better situation than Ray did. For now, just support the program even if you do not like the coach. I think he will be gone after next season, but I'd rather be surprised by a big turn around.

I think Ray gets us to the NIT next year and receives at least one more year.

I don't know if that will be enough to unite the fanbase and start filling the Hump up, though.

msstate7
02-26-2015, 01:45 PM

I don't know if that will be enough to unite the fanbase and start filling the Hump up, though.

I'm not anything short of a sweet 16 will unite this fanbase.

Raytoraid83
02-26-2015, 02:28 PM

With our schedule Ray will need to reach at least 20+ wins just to be in NIT discussion. I don't see that happening

chef dixon
02-26-2015, 02:47 PM
Ray has put himself in a tough situation with his first recruiting class of Ready, Ndoye, and Daniels. He pretty much is getting close to nothing out of that class and it was his chance to lay down a better foundation than a 5'10'' point guard. That is what I think is delaying this turn around, if it actually ever does happen. It also doesn't help he whiffed on bringing in guys like Applewhite and Davis.

thf24
02-26-2015, 02:55 PM
On the subject of basketball threads, I'm just sick of people ruining them by regurgitating the same talking points they've been pushing for months, regardless of any new positive or negative development. It's getting to the point that it's not worth it to try to carry on any type of objective, constructive basketball discussion around it.