PDA

View Full Version : Today's game

msstate7
06-25-2013, 08:01 AM
What we really need to today is for graveman to pitch deep in the game. If graveman could get us to holder with a lead that would be huge. I would love to have Ross available tomorrow.

I seen it dawg
06-25-2013, 08:12 AM
If KG can get through 5 that allows Ross to go 2 and Holder to go 2. They still would be effective tomorrow and could probably combine for 6 innings.

msstate7
06-25-2013, 08:16 AM
If KG can get through 5 that allows Ross to go 2 and Holder to go 2. They still would be effective tomorrow and could probably combine for 6 innings.
Probably so. Really don't wanna be left without a good lefty tomorrow.

The Croom Diaries
06-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Everyone would be available for a game 3, especially Ross. Remember in the South Carolina series he threw in all three games, then came back to throw 3 innings vs. Mizzou in SECT, then 3 more innings vs. A&M two days later. And if we go to a Game 3 we should have Chad for a lefty-lefty matchup late in the game if need be. I just hope Bracewell can shake off the rust, I can't imagine a scenario where we don't need him and still win outside of Kendall going 8 or 9 innings tonight.

mparkerfd20
06-25-2013, 08:56 AM
I honestly don't think Graveman is gonna pitch. I call Pollo tonight and Gravemen tomorrow. Personally I'd flip the 2, but I do think Pollo could have a very solid outing in this ballpark against this club.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-25-2013, 09:05 AM
Only reservation about Pollo, hasn't thrown in a month.

fishwater99
06-25-2013, 09:06 AM
Whoever starts, we need to get out of the first inning with a goose egg for UCLA, this team gets behind early too much imo.
We really need to score in the first inning to put some pressure on them at the plate.

state66
06-25-2013, 02:55 PM
I think Graveman throws a good game today but I only see 5 innings out of him honestly. Reason being hes on short rest and he tends to get over hyped before starts elevating his velocity which wears him down sooner. You are crazy if you think graveman is going to be calm and collective for this elimination game hes going to come out 91-92 mph and shut there asses down for 4 solid innings then well see if he can stretch that to 5 or 6 but expect the pen to come in after that. I expect our offense to back up graveman and to have more confidence since we wont have any early drama like yesterday and get into there pen early again which will set us up good (I hope there pitching staff is good) for game 3. Heres to us coming out and kicking UCLA's ass today and have them shitting there pants thinking about game 3!

msstate7
06-25-2013, 02:58 PM
I think Graveman throws a good game today but I only see 5 innings out of him honestly. Reason being hes on short rest and he tends to get over hyped before starts elevating his velocity which wears him down sooner. You are crazy if you think graveman is going to be calm and collective for this elimination game hes going to come out 91-92 mph and shut there asses down for 4 solid innings then well see if he can stretch that to 5 or 6 but expect the pen to come in after that. I expect our offense to back up graveman and to have more confidence since we wont have any early drama like yesterday and get into there pen early again which will set us up good (I hope there pitching staff is good) for game 3. Heres to us coming out and kicking UCLA's ass today and have them shitting there pants thinking about game 3!

Yep the pressure is all on us right now, but if we win it shifts to them. Remember how scared we were of Virginia or Oregon st forcing championship game? Lets put some pressure on em

Sandman14
06-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Holder doesn't need to go 2 unless it's absolutely necessary. would be better for ross to go 3 and holder 1. holder is not as effective coming off an outing of more than 3 outs. ross doesn't change, regardless.