PDA

View Full Version : SEC pre-spring position rankings: WR/TE

notsofarawaydawg
02-25-2015, 12:11 PM
WR/TE Rankings (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/98378/sec-pre-spring-position-rankings-wrte)

smootness
02-25-2015, 12:24 PM
So they've accepted that our offense is going to be infinitely better than Ole Miss'. Even at this vaunted position for Ole Miss, we're essentially equal.

They must have Ole Miss about at the top for all defensive positions, and us near the bottom.

GreenheadDawg
02-25-2015, 12:35 PM
I'm really excited about our offense this year. We will have weapons at the WR position that we have never had before. I'm really excited about Gray

mic
02-25-2015, 12:37 PM
So they've accepted that our offense is going to be infinitely better than Ole Miss'. Even at this vaunted position for Ole Miss, we're essentially equal.

They must have Ole Miss about at the top for all defensive positions, and us near the bottom.

They will be ahead of us in Saftey and DL..
We will and should be ahead of them at CB and for sure at LB..

smootness
02-25-2015, 12:37 PM
I'm really excited about our offense this year. We will have weapons at the WR position that we have never had before. I'm really excited about Gray

Me, too. I think Wilson, Ross, and Gray will be as good a trio as anybody in the conference has. And I really think their potential is to be as good as any trio in the country.

smootness
02-25-2015, 12:39 PM
They will be ahead of us in Saftey and DL..
We will and should be ahead of them at CB and for sure at LB..

I'm guessing they'll make secondary one ranking, and I'm guessing they'll be ahead of us in it. We probably will be ahead in LB, but we're not going to be ranked high there. Their DL will probably be 1 or 2 in the conference, while ours will be middle of the pack if not lower, I'd guess. And I think both of our LB will be middle of the pack at best.

If they only have the DL ranked high for them defensively, it's going to be extremely hard for them to justify their preseason ranking.

GreenheadDawg
02-25-2015, 12:42 PM
I'm guessing they'll make secondary one ranking, and I'm guessing they'll be ahead of us in it. We probably will be ahead in LB, but we're not going to be ranked high there. Their DL will probably be 1 or 2 in the conference, while ours will be middle of the pack if not lower, I'd guess. And I think both of our LB will be middle of the pack at best.

If they only have the DL ranked high for them defensively, it's going to be extremely hard for them to justify their preseason ranking.

Besides Nkemdiche and the juco DT they got this year. Who else do they have? and I'm not being a smartass, I really want to know

smootness
02-25-2015, 01:06 PM
Besides Nkemdiche and the juco DT they got this year. Who else do they have? and I'm not being a smartass, I really want to know

Well, DJ Jones is the JUCO. Given recent JUCO DL, there's a much better chance he's not a big contributor than there is that he's really good, but that won't matter in preseason rankings; they'll get credit for him being a really good player.

They have CJ Johnson back.

They also have Gross, Ward, Speaks, and Marquis Haynes, who are all at least good talents.

sandwolf
02-25-2015, 01:21 PM

Marquis Haynes was really good as a true freshman last year. Issac Gross, CJ Johnson and Fadol Brown will be back. Then they have some talented but unproven younger guys like Breeland Speaks. Add in Kemdeechee and DJ Jones and they have the potential to be pretty nasty on the DL.

SheltonChoked
02-25-2015, 04:31 PM
Bumphis said yesterday on his show that both Bear and Ross will be better than Treadwell next year.

sandwolf
02-25-2015, 04:46 PM
Bumphis said yesterday on his show that both Bear and Ross will be better than Treadwell next year.

As much as I would love for that to be the case, I would bet a large sum of money that it won't be.

Coach34
02-25-2015, 04:56 PM

Bear was essentially better this year. Not sure I'd put Ross there- but I do expect Ross to have a huge year because teams will have to adjust to slow down Bear.

Coach34
02-25-2015, 04:57 PM
As much as I would love for that to be the case, I would bet a large sum of money that it won't be.

1 already is- and Ross will have a huge year because of Bear. Teams have to help CB's against him or he will catch 15 TD's

Political Hack
02-25-2015, 05:04 PM
If we can find a true grinder at RB, and I'm talking a nasty hard nose runner that can flatten a LB on a singled up dive play, we're going to be incredibly difficult to stop.

smootness
02-25-2015, 05:30 PM
I think Ross will surpass Wilson this year. And I love Wilson.

In reality, I think Wilson will be really hard to stop in the red zone and in 3rd down situations. Between the 20s and when looking for big plays, I think Ross is the guy.

sandwolf
02-25-2015, 06:02 PM
1 already is- and Ross will have a huge year because of Bear. Teams have to help CB's against him or he will catch 15 TD's

Wilson is awesome, no question about it. And Ross is also very good and he will no doubt benefit from other teams having to pay extra attention to Wilson. But teams have to pay extra attention to Treadwell too, and I think that is reflected in the numbers that were put up by Vince Sanders and Cody Core last year. There is a reason that Treadwell is projected as a top 10 pick in multiple 2016 NFL Mock Drafts......he is an elite receiver. And seeing as how Wilson hasn't been mentioned in any mock drafts that I am aware of, it is already pretty homerish to say that he will be (or already is) better than Treadwell......but it is just flat out delusional to say that both he and Ross will be better than Treadwell.

Coach34
02-25-2015, 06:07 PM
Wilson is awesome, no question about it. And Ross is also very good and he will no doubt benefit from other teams having to pay extra attention to Wilson. But teams have to pay extra attention to Treadwell too, and I think that is reflected in the numbers that were put up by Vince Sanders and Cody Core last year. There is a reason that Treadwell is projected as a top 10 pick in multiple 2016 NFL Mock Drafts......he is an elite receiver. And seeing as how Wilson hasn't been mentioned in any mock drafts that I am aware of, it is already pretty homerish to say that he will be (or already is) better than Treadwell......but it is just flat out delusional to say that both he and Ross will be better than Treadwell.

draft projection has zero to do with college production. Bear was a better all around WR in 2014 than Treadwell. And he will be in 2015 also. Now Ross? No he wont. But he will have a big year.

Todd4State
02-25-2015, 06:19 PM
If we can find a true grinder at RB, and I'm talking a nasty hard nose runner that can flatten a LB on a singled up dive play, we're going to be incredibly difficult to stop.

You mean like Shumpert?

sandwolf
02-25-2015, 06:23 PM
draft projection has zero to do with college production.

Yea, you can have a very productive college player that doesn't get drafted early (or at all), but you don't see many 1st round draft choices that weren't highly productive in college.

Bear was a better all around WR in 2014 than Treadwell. And he will be in 2015 also.

I hope you're right. And if he improves as much this off season as he did last off season, then I could see it too.

Now Ross? No he wont. But he will have a big year.

Agreed.

SheltonChoked
02-26-2015, 08:57 AM
No offense, but I'm gonna take the word and opionon of a guy that is still playing pro ball and has watched these guys play over you sandwolf.

Also, Treadwell cannot throw the ball to himself, nor has he finished recovery from his injury.

SheltonChoked
02-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Or Williams?

Political Hack
02-26-2015, 10:07 AM
draft projection has zero to do with college production. Bear was a better all around WR in 2014 than Treadwell. And he will be in 2015 also. Now Ross? No he wont. But he will have a big year.

agree. Treadwell will be light years better than Bear in the NFL, but I doubt he out produces him in college.

Political Hack
02-26-2015, 10:08 AM
Shump or Williams could emerge in that role. Would be nice.

Tbonewannabe
02-26-2015, 10:19 AM

Bear is 10x the blocker over Treadwell and is probably better in the red zone. Treadwell looks smooth running routes but I would still take Bear in our offense.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-26-2015, 11:21 AM
Also, Treadwell cannot throw the ball to himself, nor has he finished recovery from his injury.

This is the key to me really. Treadwell may be primed to have the best season in college football history, but it won't matter if Kelly sucks. There are guys in the NFL that have this same problem. One that comes to mind is Dwayne Bowe a few seasons ago. One of the most gifted receivers in the league, but had no one to throw it to him.

dawgpound
02-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Lets not forget that Treadwell still has to come back from a horrific leg injury too... his production may not even be what it has been in either of his previous two years especially if they dont have qb production

sandwolf
02-26-2015, 12:34 PM
No offense, but I'm gonna take the word and opionon of a guy that is still playing pro ball and has watched these guys play over you sandwolf.

None taken. And if Bumphis hadn't played football at MSU, didn't know Ross and Wilson on a personal level, and didn't make this prediction on Bulldog Sports Radio, then I would take his word for it too.