PDA

View Full Version : SEC RB Pre-Spring by ESPN

notsofarawaydawg
02-24-2015, 11:18 AM
ESPN RB Team Rankings (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/98372/sec-pre-spring-position-rankings-rb)

thedawg
02-24-2015, 11:39 AM
I feel as good as you can possibly feel after losing what we lost... It think we are fine and possibly even better here..

jumbo
02-24-2015, 12:34 PM
I feel as good as you can possibly feel after losing what we lost... It think we are fine and possibly even better here..

yep. rb and lb I will never worry about at msu

MaxedOutMaroon
02-24-2015, 04:06 PM
I had no idea I'tabious Mathers and mark Dodson transferred. Wow! Must've been while I was in Brazil for a while. Can someone inform me why?

Todd4State
02-24-2015, 04:13 PM
My guess is because they have a glut of scatacks vying to be the next Dexter McCluster.

Jacksondevildog
02-24-2015, 04:26 PM
ESPN ranks Ole Miss as having the worst RBs in the SEC and I think I read somewhere they had them 10th or so at QB, yet they will be preseason 15 in the nation.

Johnson85
02-24-2015, 04:35 PM
ESPN ranks Ole Miss as having the worst RBs in the SEC and I think I read somewhere they had them 10th or so at QB, yet they will be preseason 15 in the nation.

It's not that big a deal. All they have to do is hide their weaknesses at QB and RB and they will be fine.

But seriously, their running backs won't be any worse than last year. I think people are grossly underestimating the impact from losing Wallace. Yes, he had some glaring weaknesses, and there was a reason he ended up at Ak St. and Freeze didn't even want to burn a scholly on him, but I don't think that means Freeze can take any reject from Ak St. and have a good offense. It's just a matter of whether UM's defense is good enough to win without offense, ala State 1999, or whether Kelly is good enough to replace Wallace.

RougeDawg
02-24-2015, 08:00 PM

Media perception trumps reality.

RougeDawg
02-24-2015, 08:03 PM
I had no idea I'tabious Mathers and mark Dodson transferred. Wow! Must've been while I was in Brazil for a while. Can someone inform me why?

And once again huge attrition on the plantation. Those crootin classes are just a skeleton of themselves 2 to 3 years from their signing day, yet the Asschaps of the world think they are loaded at every position.

Howboutdemdogs
02-24-2015, 10:34 PM
RougeDawg, you know as well I know, which was stated about Ed A with Shotgun. Smoke and Mirrors carnival side show. You can not build a strong house on a foundation of shifting sand. They need the money from the Alumni, so they tell the world what it wants to hear and ignore the facts of the obvious. This is OM.

MSUDawg4Life
02-24-2015, 11:10 PM
I think their running game will be about the same as it was last year. Could be slightly better. Though that's not saying much.

I actually think the QB position could be better too. If Rebal Kelly could stop being crazy and act like a decent human being. But, the chances of that happening appear to be very, very slim.

War Machine Dawg
02-24-2015, 11:39 PM

I actually think they will be better at RB next season. Wilkins wasn't very productive because Freezus barely used him. He only got 52 carries last season. But he gained 361 yards and averaged 6.9 YPC. He had a long rush of 73. Frankly, he was by far their best back last season. Freezus not featuring him by the midpoint of last season should be even more proof of what a shitty coach he is.

ScottH
02-25-2015, 12:20 AM
He only got 52 carries last season. But he gained 361 yards and averaged 6.9 YPC. He had a long rush of 73.

You are correct. He was their best back. However, I think he averaged a little over 4.0 YPC versus all teams not named Presbyterian.

I'm too lazy to look it up but I recall almost 200 of those yards were against Presbyterian.

Tripp McNeely
02-25-2015, 09:13 AM
10 carries, 171 yards, 17.1, 73-long, 1 TD...the rest of his season was mediocre at best.

HoopsCoach21
02-25-2015, 09:43 AM
Frankly, he was by far their best back last season. Freezus not featuring him by the midpoint of last season should be even more proof of what a shitty coach he is.

By no means am I trying to defend Bucky but if not playing the best players is what proves someone is a shitty coach then what do we say about Dan. That's by far my biggest gripe with Mullen as a coach. I'm definitely not saying I think Mullen is a shitty coach. I actually think he's the best thing to happen to state football in a very long time, if not ever, but his player rotations drive me nuts. Josh Robinson not getting more touches as a sophomore, Chris jones not starting, B-Mac only getting half the snaps because we gotta get Richie brown on the field, I could go on from there but it's been discussed ad nauseam.

RougeDawg
02-25-2015, 10:00 AM
I think their running game will be about the same as it was last year. Could be slightly better. Though that's not saying much.

I actually think the QB position could be better too. If Rebal Kelly could stop being crazy and act like a decent human being. But, the chances of that happening appear to be very, very slim.

Who they going to have blocking for them? Vagunsil will be coming off an injury thinking about the 2nd pay day of his football career and will be taking himself out of practices and games more this year than the last two? Do they have 3-4 more of him on the roster? Seems to me they went heavy defend and WR with their last two recruiting classes. Gholson is gone from that CROOTIN CLASS but you wouldn't know from sports writers and reporters. I don't see their line being as good this year as last with their best guy looking for April 2016.

RealHastings
02-25-2015, 11:02 AM
Their Oline was pathetic last year, so I really don't see it getting much worse. That being said, it's not like they just all of the sudden loaded up on talent either, so I don't see it getting any better any time soon. Losing Richmond is almost a back-breaker and J Patterson will need time to develop. Their inability to develop players is key in this situation and will ensure that they always have a shitty OLiine until changes are made from a coaching/developing standpoint.