PDA

View Full Version : D1 Baseball Poll

MsStateBaseball
02-23-2015, 11:10 AM
If I'm lying then I'm dying.

OM loses another one they shouldn't have and are still ranked 18th at 4-2. We move up 2 to 22nd at 8-0.

Who wants to bet we lose one and drop in this poll?

mparkerfd20
02-23-2015, 11:19 AM

OM loses another one they shouldn't have and are still ranked 18th at 4-2. We move up 2 to 22nd at 8-0.

Stupid bet, because we aren't gonna lose any.

missouridawg
02-23-2015, 11:28 AM

I can appreciate your fandom... but you've sounded like a petulant child for about two weeks now. Relax.

MsStateBaseball
02-23-2015, 11:56 AM
I don't like bias when you aren't supposed to be. Kendall knows the recruits bc he was at PG. But the bottom line is he is close to the OM staff. That's bias. Other polls aren't. Trying to get the respect back after all these years.

Trust me, I wouldn't be saying anything if I don't believe it. I believe we are really good and will go a long way this year. Up until 2013, I really couldn't say anything.

If 3 out of 6 polls had OM as 18 or better, I wouldn't say anything. BUT, there is only 1 poll. Instead of seeing the results of what happened (being at 4-2), he is being a homer. But OM will nose dive soon enough. They lost way too much talent and people will see it for what it is. There is no way they can compete with Florida, Vanderbilt and Louisville coming up. Heck, they play 7-0 UCF in Orlando this weekend. OM's recruiting hot bed.

msstate7
02-23-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm happy with our start, but our competition has been terrible. If we win this week, we'll jump

smootness
02-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Check out Vanderbilt, Texas, Rice, Arizona State, etc. in the same poll.

If you think they're showing bias toward Ole Miss by not dropping them, then you're simply not looking at the rest of the poll. They're showing that as long as you don't lose a series, and your one loss was to a team that is at least decent, they're not going to drop you.

And that's fine. It's baseball, and it's week 2. These polls aren't going to treat teams like football polls do, and they shouldn't. I guarantee you that if we go 3-1 this weekend, we won't drop.

Eric Nies Grind Time
02-23-2015, 12:06 PM
They made a CWS last year and the season is still early. If they are bad they will drop out...no reason to get worked up over it.

Dawg496
02-23-2015, 12:22 PM
Sure wish Arizona had pulled out that series against Rice. They lost in extra innings. Rice is ranked Top 10 so it'll be a good test either way.

maroonmania
02-23-2015, 12:44 PM
OM should be falling more than they are with the early season losses but they have played better competition than us. W&M is a pretty good team, not as sure about Wright St. For us, if we sweep this weekend with Arizona in the mix we should move up considerably. Wouldn't expect to move up much with the competition we've played so far.

Bothrops
02-23-2015, 03:35 PM
OM has no business being in the top 25 after those two losses.

smootness
02-23-2015, 03:59 PM
OM has no business being in the top 25 after those two losses.

D1 Baseball obviously values series wins more than individual wins/losses, and they clearly are still basing the rankings largely on their opinions on the team's prospects as a whole this year rather than solely on results so far. And I'm fine with that.

I don't think you should throw out preseason rankings after 1 or 2 weeks, and I agree with them that there is a smaller difference between 3-0 and 2-1 than between 2-1 and 1-2.

My point is, this is not about Ole Miss. It's about how d1baseball does rankings. You may agree or disagree, but it's hard to say they're treating Ole Miss differently than anyone else based on the rest of the rankings.

State82
02-23-2015, 04:52 PM
I'm not the least bit interested in their's or anyone else's poll two weekends into the season. However, I will say this. Their new site sucks when compared to the old one as far as navigating around for scores, schedules, standings, etc. I am very disappointed after anticipating the new one.

maroonmania
02-23-2015, 05:11 PM
I'm not the least bit interested in their's or anyone else's poll two weekends into the season. However, I will say this. Their new site sucks when compared to the old one as far as navigating around for scores, schedules, standings, etc. I am very disappointed after anticipating the new one.

Amen to that. The old D1 scores page was the best thing going. Trying to navigate the new garbage interface they have is ridiculous.

smootness
02-23-2015, 05:23 PM
What did they change about it? If you go to the Scores drop-down, it looks like the same setup they've always had.

State82
02-23-2015, 05:42 PM
What did they change about it? If you go to the Scores drop-down, it looks like the same setup they've always had.

Just a lot of extraneous garbage to deal with as opposed to the old site.

maroonmania
02-23-2015, 05:51 PM

OK, admittedly, I was trying to make sense of the scores they had on the strip across the top which I can't make heads or tails out of but you are right, if you scroll on down the page its more or less like it used to be for TODAY. However, can someone tell me how to get scores from previous dates? The old interface had a calendar and you could select any date to get scores from that day. I don't see that option anymore.