PDA

View Full Version : What I've learned about our baseball team...

preachermatt83
02-23-2015, 01:03 AM
This is my opinion so u won't hurt my feelings by disagreeing.

1) Tatum has to be a weekend starter. May be the Friday night guy. He is just filthy when he is on.

2) I'm worried about Fitts in the closer role. I wish we could get Dakota ready for that role

3) I hope Holland can play 3rd because we need him to play but we have a 2nd baseman. Gridley is a star in the making ! (Nice call btw Todd)

4) this is Cohen's most talented team

5) this team has the "it" factor. The are winners , plain and simple.

6) Rooker is gonna be a good hitter, just needs more experience.

7) Britton and Reynolds both should be subs at best.

8) Daniel Brown can be very similar to what Lingo was.

9) Ross Mitchell is still Ross Mitchell

10) Codi Brown is a player and should see lots of PT.

Jacksondevildog
02-23-2015, 07:17 AM
Don't understand why we can move Holland to 3B, Heck to SS, and Gridley to 2B when Rea comes back. Britton can't hit and I'm tired of the experiment. Can't get a sac bunt down last night late, gets thrown out at 3B on a down angle dirt ball read and has an E5 in the 9th thy have Alabama A&M a chance. Out "late defensive subs" don't need to trip on their dicks out there
Biggest concern I have is starting pitching. We have the arms. We just have to have guys settle into their role. I still think Paul Young is our wildcard.

shoeless joe
02-23-2015, 07:45 AM
Why does fitts concern you? Because his breaking ball was off in his second appearance of the day in frigid weather and yet he still nutted up and got the job done?

Bob Sacamano
02-23-2015, 08:09 AM
Where are Myles Gentry and Dakota Hudson? Are they injured?

Saltydog
02-23-2015, 09:10 AM
having some arm troubles but to what extent I do not know........Has to be true or else he would've pitched a good bit by now.........Not sure if he's being held out or if his year is done.................

tireddawg
02-23-2015, 10:18 AM
I love this team

Jacksondevildog
02-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Gentry most likely will not pitch this year. This needs to be stickied at the top.

maroonmania
02-23-2015, 10:42 AM
Don't understand why we can move Holland to 3B, Heck to SS, and Gridley to 2B when Rea comes back. Britton can't hit and I'm tired of the experiment. Can't get a sac bunt down last night late, gets thrown out at 3B on a down angle dirt ball read and has an E5 in the 9th thy have Alabama A&M a chance. Out "late defensive subs" don't need to trip on their dicks out there
Biggest concern I have is starting pitching. We have the arms. We just have to have guys settle into their role. I still think Paul Young is our wildcard.

Given what we've seen so far I think Holland to 3rd makes the most sense unless there is just something about 3rd that is an issue for him. Heck, Holland and Gridley with Rea would be our most potent infield combination for defense and offense combined. And I hate it for Britton because I know the guy has more than paid his dues, and I could even live with the weak bat, but I don't know what you do with a guy that has all the tools in the world to be a good if not great infielder with a rocket arm but is totally unreliable. He's not dependable in fielding a ball cleanly and he's not dependable with his accuracy over to first. If you can't rely on someone to make routine plays then they can't be a late defensive substitution. And for Fitts, I was worried a bit too about him as a closer but that was gutsy what he did after he couldn't find the strike zone with the breaker last night. To come back with the fast ball to get a K and a chopper to end it showed a lot. Hard to beat the experience factor he has even though most of it is as a starter.

sandwolf
02-23-2015, 10:57 AM
Don't I remember Britton being really good at 3rd last year? I can see wanting to get more offensive production from that position, but isn't it a little early to label him as unreliable on defense?

MsStateBaseball
02-23-2015, 11:06 AM
Fitts concern is throwing a breaking ball in a fast ball count. Threw two fastballs by the guy, then threw the breaking ball and he hit it. Throw the damn fastball again.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-23-2015, 11:07 AM
having some arm troubles but to what extent I do not know........Has to be true or else he would've pitched a good bit by now.........Not sure if he's being held out or if his year is done.................

I've heard shoulder issues, but like you said, they don't want the info getting out for some reason. I don't think they even know quite yet if it's a season ending problem or not yet though.

Todd4State
02-23-2015, 05:50 PM
Only thing I disagree with is Fitts. He'll be fine he just didn't command his curveball for whatever reason- that happens to everyone sometimes.

Gentry has a shoulder issue and may be out for the year.