PDA

View Full Version : Oscar thread...

BeardoMSU
02-22-2015, 11:41 PM
I'm surprised there already isn't one going on tonight. I vaguely remember a thread awhile back discussion nominations, though.

I find it criminal that Gone Girl wasn't at least nominated for Best Musical Score or for Best Cinematography. That's my major gripe so far. I would have liked to see Hans Zimmer win Best Score for Interstellar, but I can't really argue with Grand Budapest.

The Glory performance was pretty awesome.

Hopefully Keaton wins Best Actor.

drunkernhelldawg
02-22-2015, 11:48 PM
Gaga and Julie Andrews made my favorite segment. I don't get why Grand Budapest is so revered. It seems almost like a sixties movie to me. It's unusual, but I don't get the greatness.

BeardoMSU
02-23-2015, 12:03 AM
Gaga and Julie Andrews made my favorite segment. I don't get why Grand Budapest is so revered. It seems almost like a sixties movie to me. It's unusual, but I don't get the greatness.

I really enjoyed Grand Budapest. I thought it was hilarious. It was definitely unusual, but a quirky/whimsical unusual, which is pretty normal for Wes Anderson flicks.

drunkernhelldawg
02-23-2015, 12:11 AM
I really enjoyed Grand Budapest. I thought it was hilarious. It was definitely unusual, but a quirky/whimsical unusual, which is pretty normal for Wes Anderson flicks.

I agree with all that, but what sets it apart from High Anxiety, for example. Beyond humor and quirkieness, what is special about it? It's got style, but movies are about story too. I like and get the movie, but I don't get why it's special.

Bully13
02-23-2015, 06:53 PM
I really like the way the oscars don't get involved with politics. I really like the guy in the underwear too. he looked real sexy.

BeardoMSU
02-24-2015, 01:23 PM
I really like the way the oscars don't get involved with politics. I really like the guy in the underwear too. he looked real sexy.

You're so hip with the times, 13.

drunkernhelldawg
02-24-2015, 02:10 PM
You're so hip with the times, 13.

I just hope he didn't pop when he saw the tidy whities and embarrass the host of his Oscar Party.

BeardoMSU
02-24-2015, 02:41 PM
I just hope he didn't pop when he saw the tidy whities and embarrass the host of his Oscar Party.

That would certainly explain his pent up aggression...