PDA

View Full Version : Lady Dawgs odds just went up.

dickiedawg
02-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Last week, I posted that the women were a bit of a long shot to earn a top-4 spot in the SEC tournament.
With TAMU beating UK and LSU losing to Arkansas, that's no longer the case. We control our own destiny now, but still probably have to scoreboard watch unless we pull off a big upset at South Carolina.
TAMU us looking good to hold on against UF, which would leave them tied with us at 10-4 and 3rd in the league. LSU trails by a game.
Assuming we split our last 2 games, we could earn a top 4 spot via tiebreaker if A&M were to lose their final game against LSU, or outright over LSU if A&M were to win that game.
It's not quite that simple exactly, and I'm being rushed out the door so if someone wants to explore the rest of the scenarios, please add.
UK could still throw a wrench in everything by beating USC in its final game, too.

dickiedawg
02-22-2015, 05:19 PM
By the way, great job to hold on today in a game that would have been a killer to lose.

MabenMaroon
02-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Get a split to close the regular season and win a couple in the SEC tourney should build the RPI resume enough to get in the top 16 seeding. There will probably be a school or two rated higher than us that either have home court scheduling conflicts or can not handle the logistics of hosting, so I would say if we can pull off the above scenario we could very well host.

PS: pull the upset at USCe on Thursday, take out tsun at home on Sunday and win one in the SEC tourney would probably do the trick as well.

nsvltndog
02-22-2015, 07:19 PM
I didn't realize how bad our RPI problem is for trying to get a top 4 seed and host spot in the NCAA Tourney. They showed us as having an RPI of 31 during the game today. Having single match ups vs. UT, USC, and UK all on the road was a tough schedule draw. I suspect we don't have to get into the top 16 RPI to host, but I would think we would need to be at least 10 spots higher than we are now.

Quaoarsking
02-22-2015, 07:46 PM
I think we'll need a win over South Carolina or Tennessee to get the top 4 seed, either Thursday or in the SEC Tournament.