PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Staff

messageboardsuperhero
02-22-2015, 05:02 PM
Just looked something up out of curiosity about our staff, and by my count, 10 of the 22 earned runs we've allowed this year have reached base either via a BB or a HBP. Small sample size but pretty remarkable, considering we've also allowed 5 runs directly off of HRs.

Giving up free bases is our biggest weakness as a pitching staff right now, IMO- and it's pretty simple to see what we have to do to be successful on the mound.

Jacksondevildog
02-22-2015, 05:08 PM
Walks were a concern back in the fall. Those numbers have to improve because we really haven't played anyone yet.

smootness
02-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Yep, and I would think command will get better as the year progresses. Of course, that will also mean we don't get quite as many free passes on offense, either.

But I like what I've seen from our pitching. We don't yet know if our starting rotation is set or will be great, but we have enough quality pitching that Thompson will be able to mold it into a good staff.

engie
02-22-2015, 05:10 PM
Walks have been our biggest issue with the staff for awhile now. No one hardly seems to consistently hits our guys....