PDA

View Full Version : Arizona baseball

msstate7
02-22-2015, 09:00 AM
They're now 6-1 and have a rubber game with rice today.

I love our start, but the competition has left much to be desired. Arizona looks to be a nice test to see where we are. I think we should all pull for Arizona to beat rice today for rpi purposes.

smootness
02-22-2015, 01:52 PM
Yep, pulling for Arizona, and I can't wait for that series. I'm hoping to be there for Friday's game.

It would be the first State game I've seen since the GT regional several years ago.

Bothrops
02-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Arizona will be like playing an upper tier SEC team. We better be ready for work.

msstate7
02-22-2015, 05:31 PM
Rice takes the series with an extra inning win.

messageboardsuperhero
02-22-2015, 05:35 PM
Arizona will be like playing an upper tier SEC team. We better be ready for work.

I don't know if I'd got THAT far, but Arizona looks to be much better than they were last season. They'll be a good test.

Bothrops
02-22-2015, 06:27 PM
I don't know if I'd got THAT far, but Arizona looks to be much better than they were last season. They'll be a good test.

Arizona is one of the premier programs nationally, and would be toward the top in our league. 4 Nattys, and 16 CWS appearances. We split a game with them last year.

messageboardsuperhero
02-22-2015, 06:32 PM
Arizona is one of the premier programs nationally, and would be toward the top in our league. 4 Nattys, and 16 CWS appearances. We split a game with them last year.

What does history have to do with their current team? Arizona went 22-33 last year with an RPI of 199. They look to be much improved from last year, but an upper tier SEC team? An upper tier SEC team would be top 10-15 nationally, and I'm not sure yet if Arizona is THAT good this year.

Bothrops
02-22-2015, 06:44 PM
What does history have to do with their current team? Arizona went 22-33 last year with an RPI of 199. They look to be much improved from last year, but an upper tier SEC team? An upper tier SEC team would be top 10-15 nationally, and I'm not sure yet if Arizona is THAT good this year.

The Pac-12 is a tough league, every year, just like the SEC. Rankings at this point? We weren't ranked in the pre-season. Truth is, we don't know how good anyone is yet. Vandy has already lost twice and ranked #1.

messageboardsuperhero
02-22-2015, 06:47 PM
The Pac-12 is a tough league, every year, just like the SEC. Rankings at this point? We weren't ranked in the pre-season. Truth is, we don't know how good anyone is yet. Vandy has already lost twice and ranked #1.

Totally agree. Which is why I'm not ready to anoint Arizona as the equivalent of an upper-tier SEC team just because they won 1 game out of 3 against Rice.

Bothrops
02-22-2015, 06:55 PM
Totally agree. Which is why I'm not ready to anoint Arizona as the equivalent of an upper-tier SEC team just because they won 1 game out of 3 against Rice.

A ranked Rice..haha. Either way, it will be a tough weekend. Maybe DNF will give us the field advantage.

smootness
02-22-2015, 07:09 PM
A ranked Rice..haha. Either way, it will be a tough weekend. Maybe DNF will give us the field advantage.

Well, beating #12 once doesn't necessarily mean you're #13.

I agree, it will be a good test no matter what. We'll just have to wait and see just how good they are.

msstate7
02-22-2015, 07:11 PM
I sure hope we play better than we have today. I've been disappointed

Bothrops
02-22-2015, 07:17 PM
I think the weather has a lot to do with it today. Offensively we are better than were this time last year. That's encouraging.

smootness
02-22-2015, 07:19 PM
I sure hope we play better than we have today. I've been disappointed

Yeah, it'll happen in baseball, though. And 3 of our hitters today won't be starting within a couple of weeks.